edc [everyday carry] shaved my wife

branespload

Personally me is a minimalist one. There's no problem to carry a gun of knife with me, but I R_E_A_L_L_Y do not need those. Maybe some day when criminal pressure raised..........

I was looking for parking with my cousins and we couldn't tell if the curb was red no parking, so my cousin said he carries a flashlight. I was like damn, this high schooler more prepared than me! (still debating between a quark mini 123, AA, or a preon 2) He whipped out those fucking 9 led rubber flashlights you get from the microcenter checkout lines. smh, couldn't see shit.

I know I have been chatting with a few people via email about these carabiners that I made. They are almost ready to sell. This is one of the Copper Tellurium ones that I snagged for myself straight off the mill. No deburring, no polishing, no finishing, nothing. I love the way beat up copper looks...

(Sorry, Cellphone pic...)

hdr_00000_light.jpg

Edited by MikeS

That looks cool man! Definitely hit us up with more info (price, etc.) when you have some!

Not a big fan of copper myself, but maybe there will be other materials? Titanium?? :D

edit: Also, love the two slots you added on the back side! That would be the perfect place to add some tritium.

Edited by neonecko

That looks cool man! Definitely hit us up with more info (price, etc.) when you have some!

Not a big fan of copper myself, but maybe there will be other materials? Titanium?? :D

edit: Also, love the two slots you added on the back side! That would be the perfect place to add some tritium.

materials are Titanium, Copper Tellurium and Cerakoted Aluminum in a few different colors.

Titanium:

2012-02-04_175938.jpg

Stock Slots are 1.55x5mm for tritium.

There will be a VERY limited amount with 2mmx12mm with tritium pre installed (the one pictured above)

Thanks for the interest!

Edited by MikeS

I want a titanium one with the tritium pre-installed! PM me the pricing info please!

I'm still using and loving my Flathead S hook (even found a simple way to guarantee my keys won't be falling off of my beltloop! A single glow in the dark O-ring!), but I want a carabiner for more heavy duty use. I just don't feel as comfortable using it when I'm out and about hiking in the woods or something, so I'm always very cautious of my keys.

6888176607_dab2ca7c52.jpg

These are the few carabiners that I've seen online although some of them are out of my price range and/or unavailable for immediate purchase...

D22 Carabiners

DRG0038-4.jpg?1321973724

DRG0005-MA069-4.jpg?1318934982

Anso Carabiners

dsc00011tg.jpg

And the ridiculously expensive Droid 58

p1060502y.jpg

Edited by neonecko

Neo, Unfortunately if those carabiners you posted are out of your price range, So will Mine. Titanium is not cheap, Tritium is not cheap and machine time is not cheap. Add a little bit of profit for all my time and effort you you have one expensive carabiner. There is over $40 dollars just in tritium and NOA adhesive. And that is cost with no markup whatsoever.

No, need to explain mikes! I can fully understand the price based on cost of materials and labor. I'm just too peasant status to afford one of your handcrafted ones right now.

with the exception of the Droid 58 and the Anso($125), the ones I posted above were available for under $100 retail (not exactly out of my price range, but not in it for a carabiner either :/). Oh well, hopefully in another month or so I can save up a little bit and get a nice one :).

Edited by neonecko

Yup. It was my first Steel Flame piece. I'm waiting on another order now. I got to meet Derrick last weekend, and also had Mr. Emerson sign my custom 14. Awesome people.

As to the earlier question about why someone would carry a knife...Why not? How often do you need to cut something? For me it is at least several times a day. Carrying a pocket knife isn't scary, I'm not a little kid that needs the rounded scissor. The knife is one of, if not, mankind's oldest tools. The next question I get is why do you need such an expensive knife? I don't, just like I don't need $400 jeans, or an expensive watch. I like them, can afford them, so that's what I buy.

I had a police officer ask me what I needed my flashlight and knife for...I told him so I can see in the dark, and cut things. He kind of laughed to himself and said I made a good point.

Here is mine EDC;

100_4060.jpg

-Samsung Galaxy S

-Leathermix Handmade Wallet( http://www.leathermix.etsy.com)

-Fenix E01(http://www.ebay.com)

-Gerber Bear Grylls

-Leathermix Leather Shackle Bracelet( http://www.leathermix.etsy.com)

-Telepen

-Gerber Shard( http://www.ebay.com)

-Metal Key Usb

-Paracord Lanyard

-Pill box case

-Spyderco Bug( http://www.amazon.com)

Edited by zfr13

Left pocket - streamlight, phone, speed strip

left hip on belt - knife

aiwb (appendix inside waist band) - gun

back left pocket - wallet

back right pocket - keys clipped to belt loop tucked in pocket

left jacket pocket - surefire

right jacket pocket - kimber pepper blaster

Most of my friends know that I have a lot of stuff on me but can never tell where it all is. I conceal it all. I'm out of town for a week but when I get back I'll take some pictures of how I carry it all, with good gear it's not hard and pretty comfortable. And I wear pretty slim fitting pants and shirts too. Tacticool hipster.

The bottom right is a Kimber pepper blaster, an OC unit that can individually shoot two pyrotechnically fired jets of gelatin pepper spray. It's the best OC unit to carry aside from a JPX projector in my opinion. All the benefits of an intermediate response without the drawback of traditional pepper sprays like secondary contamination. I've taken a pepper spray hit and it sucks.

http://www.pepperblaster.com/