edc [everyday carry] shaved my wife

branespload

Long time lurker, occasional poster on this thread.

I've got an Atwood Pest (anodized Ti, looks fairly pruple IRL) that I've found I don't love in my carry. If any one wants it, PM me. Fair price, just looking to avoid eBay.

dsc00136ls.jpg

@ the repeater, It's a Wichard shakle key with integrated bottle opener. Wichard makes amazing stuff for the boating. Stainless steel that's drop forged so the grain alignment makes it stronger. Something like that... I have their droplet clip for my car keys and their carabiner for my bike keys. I keep them separate according to my day. I highly recommend their products!

Here's that droplet clip from my EDC of yore:

edcspok092511.jpg

Edited by velopang

Rec's for AAA-battery flashlight with long-life as opposed to mega-bright??

I pre-ordered one of the new run of 'AAA Mako Flood' from 'Endeavor' on CPF and it runs on AAA and has long-life. Unfortunately the reserves have already sold out, but he should have a couple extras when hes done assembling parts if you really wanted one.

"The objective with the Mako design was to make a nice, small, and very-long running utility torch that ran off of a common cell and would function well in any situation. It won't win any brightness contests, and never was intended to - what it will do is run well, reliably, and for a very long time."

http://www.candlepow...ased-Flashlight

Besides that though, I would just check out this guide and see if any other lights tickle your fancy.

http://www.candlepow...AAA-flashlights

Thanks...those were $180 including shipping tho. <_< I like my toys and all, but that's a bit much for me.

I have a Fenix PD20...but it uses one of those weird batteries that you can't find anywhere. It's a great little light, but I'd like something more appropriate for the zombie apocalypse.

Thanks for the other link...I'll probs go with the Fenix LD01. Seems reasonably efficient and not too expensive for what it is.

Thanks...those were $180 including shipping tho. <_< I like my toys and all, but that's a bit much for me.

I have a Fenix PD20...but it uses one of those weird batteries that you can't find anywhere. It's a great little light, but I'd like something more appropriate for the zombie apocalypse.

Thanks for the other link...I'll probs go with the Fenix LD01. Seems reasonably efficient and not too expensive for what it is.

Yeah the Mako AAA is quite expensive all things considered. I've saved up quite a bit for one, so I don't mind the high price tag.

The Fenix LD01 should be a great light! I'm probably gonna pick up some Sanyo Eneloop AAAs so I won't have to keep buying primaries.

i doubt it.

looks like a grinder?

it does not look like a grinder lol.. you do know there's a pretty decently sized yoyo following on superfuture right? No, you didn't know that. You probably thought the "yoyos, yoyos, and yoyos..." thread was just a bunch of potheads.

Oh I forgot to mention the Preon 0 which was introduced at the Shot Show! this year. It isn't out yet but they are up for pre-order and this might fit your needs as well. 120hr. runtime on low mode!

http://www.4sevens.com/product_info.php?cPath=297_332&products_id=2846

You can check out the review here

http://thrumylens.org/featured/review-of-the-foursevens-preon-0/

Yeah the Mako AAA is quite expensive all things considered. I've saved up quite a bit for one, so I don't mind the high price tag.

The Fenix LD01 should be a great light! I'm probably gonna pick up some Sanyo Eneloop AAAs so I won't have to keep buying primaries.

My SS Fenix LD01 is holding up great! I've never had any problems with it.

Eneloop batteries are one of the best investments I've made...although I guess $20 isn't really an investment...anyway, they're awesome.

Questions from the EDC blog that have been answered:

Is there an alternative culture of people carrying knives and flashlights everyday? Is this a denimhead thing?

I don't carry a knife or flashlight with me everyday...I just own them and use them for emergencies/camping, etc.

I don't get the gun thing frankly...but I guess I live in a safer city than some(?) I don't get the 2-gun thing at all...how many people need to die exactly?

Edited by gimmegimme