edc [everyday carry] shaved my wife

branespload

i see them but they're not too bad. some of them are just pretty ordinary/mundane tumblr hipster stuff that have reappropriated the term. that's probably partially my fault

man i am so behind on blogging and im so behind with whats new in edc, im planning to get things rolling again this week. i dont like the new sufu so i havent been on here in like maybe a month or however long it's been 5.0 :<

Selling my orange manix and XM-18. Never used them but I'm going to miss them, the hinderer is just a beast knife and the manix is fun to flip open.

Moving towards fixed blades now, folders don't really serve a purpose in my EDC now. I've been carrying a serrated Native which I also might be selling, doing some custom work to my orange Military.

DSC_0067.jpg

DSC_0056.jpg

Edited by 35percent

Anyone tried the Leatherman Crater C55B? I find myself mostly using the blade and the screwdrivers when I have a multitool with me (pretty much always, until I lost my skeletool on thursday :( ), I'm not sure if I'll miss the pliers or not..

6500042231_ddd78610ba.jpg

Keys

necklaces

bracelets

HK "infantry flagship" brand $1 watch

card carrier w/ money clip

zippo

san re mu beater for work/stabbin' kents

laguiole gentleman's knife for picnicking/corkscrewing kents

edit: iphone 4 in elements vapor case (no vis used to take photos)

also not at all an edc but a new cop with which I am very pleased:

6500040135_09d34dddc2.jpg

bark river bravo 1 in 3V steel and ironwood handle. every bit as amazing as it looks. sheath is rubbish though.

Edited by philosophiliac

Keys

necklaces

bracelets

HK "infantry flagship" brand $1 watch

card carrier w/ money clip

zippo

san re mu beater for work/stabbin' kents

laguiole gentleman's knife for picnicking/corkscrewing kents

edit: iphone 4 in elements vapor case (no vis used to take photos)

also not at all an edc but a new cop with which I am very pleased:

bark river bravo 1 in 3V steel and ironwood handle. every bit as amazing as it looks. sheath is rubbish though.

as soon as I read "kent" I said Australian :P Is that a WA driving licence too?

it is indeed :) how observant of you. i have managed to deduce with my acute powers of observation that you are also from wa. and you shoot film! and medium format! hope you edc that yashica :P

edit: is kent a WA thing? never heard it anywhere but perth so doesn't even seem "australian"

editedit: and oh shit, you're tomorrow's white noise? small world

Edited by philosophiliac

yeah the yashica is a beauty. Bit large for edc, stick mainly to my 4s on the go (amazes me for a phone cam).

pretty sure kent is a perth thing, my melbourne friends haven't heard of it.

the edc world is getting smaller and smaller. carry on.

I shed a tear...

Flashpoint?

Probably not, I have my fixed blade game set for right now, Izula and a Bravo-1, as well as a tomahawk with RCS sheath :) Pics soon. I'm kind of over buying cool knives, I have what I want and am thinning my collection, probably won't be buying anything for a while.

http://www.2hawks.net/AHAWKS.html If you want an awesome hawk

my mini 123 has been acting up alot the light randomly cycles through the modes/flickers when i twist it on now..is it worth it to send back to 4sevens?

my aa was doing this before it just stopped turning on. they sent me back a beat up refurbished one. for ~$2 shipping i guess its better than having a broken light

Embassy pen is just supposed to be a bomb solid sturdy pen. Pretty much any pen could be used as a kubaton if needed, and the skarkie is ridiculously large and has a shitty tip/marker. It is literally a complete waste of money.

Brane - where was that money clip from? I'm going to be downsizing my wallet/number of cards I carry and might just get a clip.

Weighs more than twice as much as the original embassy pen at

3.83 oz or 108.4 grams (about equal to a roll of dimes)

I'm getting rid of my Spyderco Sharpmaker w/ DVD if anyone is interested, used less than a dozen times. Going to try to perfect my skills sharpening on water stones.

^ I was debating so hard between the SS and Aluminum version. How does the SS version carry? Too heavy for EDC? I'm carrying the Alum version in my back pocket at the moment.

Weight has never bothered me with anything. I like extremely heavy, overbuilt things. Thus the reason I carry a lot of solid copper and brass stuff along with stainless. So im a little bias with this question.

That being said, I have never once said "man, I gotta get this out of my pocket, its too heavy..." As a matter of fact, I usually carry it clipped inside the button part of a polo shirt while at work. Its right on the edge of being too heavy for this since a polo obviously weights a lot less than denim but I still clip it there. You should not have any problem carrying it in the pocket of you jeans...

I'm in desperate need of a go-to pen. Could someone direct me to a legitimate source of information on the SS Embassy everyone is speaking so highly of.

The Embassy Pen can be bought at

http://www.countycomm.com/pens.html

and if you just wanted to read discussion about it, theres a thread over at edcforums

http://edcforums.com/showthread.php/79573-New-CountyComm-Embassy-Pens-in-Titanium-and-three-new-colors