edc [everyday carry] shaved my wife

branespload

Got my Peak solid brass QTC Logan a few days ago that I talked about a few pages back. I was going to go for their AA model but decided on the CR123 instead for the added power. I love it. Beautifully simple, built like a tank and bright as shit. Should look interesting after a few months of tarnish develops.

6147272796_2bfbfce0ea.jpg

6147272802_8db7598434.jpg

6147272816_1e0ff91828.jpg

The only caveat I've found thus far, is that if you want to use rechargeable batteries, you need to get AW 16340 Li-MN batteries rather than RCR123As as the PCB on them makes them too tall for the head to seat properly. No biggie. The extra voltage on the AWs will make it a little brighter anyways. I'm still using the included primary for the time being.

- edit -

I just got a reply from the manufacturer on the CPF stating that if there is a battery that you need to use and is too long for the tube due to battery makers not sticking to the standards, you can ship them the battery and the light and they will bore it out to fit your battery free of charge. That's fucking customer service!

^ agreed

the safari is not 'slim' by any means. for EDCing a fountain pen i found i've had to compromise. i need a screw top to make sure it doesn't uncap, but then at the same time, that makes writing with it less accessible (needs two hands to unscrew, need to hold onto the cap, etc). i am using a clicky pen with a clip for my EDC right now, but when I edced a fountain pen, I used the Kaweco Liliput.

The Safari is a huge staple in the cheaper fountain pen group. Pretty sure you won't be let down.

I tend to stay away from extra fine nibs because they start to scratch the paper if you're not careful. Personally I wouldnt imagine an extra fine fountain pen to be a pleasant writing experience.

but what do I know, I'm more of a light medium person myself.

IIRC some say lamy's fine is more of a medium, and medium is more of a broad. i think you'd be set with fine tip. i havent had the extra fine b4 but like 4f50 said it could be scratchy, especially if your technique isnt the best at first.

Can't comment on the difference between fine and EF. But I have the EF lamy safari, it's my first fountain pen. I've had it for a while an haven't had any trouble writing with it. But like I said idk how big of a difference it is between the two.

Whichever you get though you won't be disappointed they're great pens.

I have both a F and an EF nib. The EF is slightly scratchier, the F is noticeably smoother. The line thickness between the EF and F isn't huge, but I personally prefer the F for it's smoothness.

The nibs are easily interchangeable, and at $10, it isn't really the end of the world if you decide you don't like whichever nib you chose.

^ is that hearing protection on your keychain?? if so, dope B)

Yeah, the etymotics earplugs are fucking tops for non-custom. I always keep a pair in every single pair of pants and vest I've got. Mostly because they disappear a lot and i go to a lot of shows/play in a band.

I'm pretty stoked that I pulled the trigger on a Maratac AAA to replace my leatherman as a keychain light. Hopefully the slimming down there will feel like i'm carrying less of a deadweight.