edc [everyday carry] shaved my wife

branespload

I haven't reached my best, I just don't have any more money.

The last two pickups I got are a SanRenMu 710 for 7 bucks and an old Case knife I found in my dad's junk drawer. :\

So I was talking to a knife smith last week and I've been interested in making a custom fixed blade for a while. I thought I would throw it up on superfuture to see if anybody might be interested in going in on them.

As far as design goes, I thought it would be cool to have a collaboration of sorts. If people want to just throw up pretty knives that they truly like but could never afford, we could just start there. It won't be any crazy steel but most likely tempered tool steel.

For starters, I've always really liked the TAD Gear Dive Utility Knife, especially the 3rd revision with the pry bar on the back.

duksg.jpg

Then there's the Surefire EW-05 fixed blade that I fell in love with as soon as I held it. It's a very ergonomic knife with a nice weight to it and it feels great to use.

ew05.png

The pricing would be around $100 and would include options for kydex or leather sheath. The handles could either be denim micarta or paracord wrapped if you want. I'll ask the knife smith if he has any photos of his work.

oh how the prices on kaweco fountain pens have escalated.

two years ago when i bought my first kaweco fp and roller ball, they were $9-14. now prices have nearly doubled. @_@

Kaweco Sport Ice Fountain 1468-71-251-4 1 14.00 Body Color = Red

Pen

Kaweco Sport Classic 1473-5 1 9.50 Pen Body Color = Clear

Rollerball Pen

geeez......

More like 2 weeks at least...

Has anyone purchased shit recently? Have we all reached our best EDC setups? haha

I sent back my TSF for some detent adjustments to make it 100% legal..

I'm getting there. I'll be adding in my pistol and OC spray for a pretty heavy load out. I've been taking some training courses this summer and will continue to take more throughout the fall/winter, so my money is going there instead of gear.

EvilCrayon - Seems like a cool idea, first thing you need to decide is what size people want.

Mini review:

ThruNite Neutron 2C - I got to use this in an open field in the country and was able to compare it to a surefire G2 led, X300, and another (executive maybe) and although it's bright and love the modes it doesn't throw that far and doesn't really have a 'center' beam/spotlight. It's more of an area flood light rather that an spotlight. Something to consider.

When it comes to small lights, I personally think the XP-G R5's have the perfect throw/flood ratio. The R2's on the other hand are all out throw, and the XM-L's are all flood (but higher lumens also). The XP-G S2/3's are a little floodier than the R5's and have larger hotspots.

Honestly though, in a small light, I don't think it'd matter if you had an XPG or XML especially if it's running on 3V. It'll throw and flood enough for everyday city use.

I'd look at other things like UI, build quality, efficiency, and warranty/customer service

I have a v10rti and only use it on full blast when i'm bored

a small pocketdump I did today when I was bored, my light isn't in there as it's still in my car :o

IMG_1229.jpg

IMG_1232.jpg

I don't carry all the knives all the time, most of the time I do have the shrimp with me plus one of the others, do we have a knife thread btw? we should...

I got my Magpul Executive iPhone4 case in the mail today and I love it. Made in U.S.A., $10, snaps into the phone and holds it securely, and is as minimal as possible. It's texturized but not sticky so it still can slide in and out of a pocket easily. I have Ghost Armor on the phone and the case fits fine over that. Only small gripe is the silence button is a bit hard to turn on and off because I have the Verizon model, and previously dropped my phone and it sort of smashed the button.

Overall a great product, especially for $10.

A better review and pictures here.

http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/reviews/entry/magpul-executive-field-case-for-iphone-4/

picture2pg.png