edc [everyday carry] shaved my wife

branespload

Man i love Warren Thomas's work. tried to have him work on a yoyo for me and he politely declined. Oh well.

5488707615_3db280650e_z.jpg

Micro M19. Carbon fiber fused to ti with carbide cutting edge.

Omfg sell me that gen 1 xm-18 right the fuck now.

that is NOT a generation 1 xm-18. That is either a generation 3 or generation 4 (newest batch)

all gen 1 and 2 were hand ground by rick, and have the 'true' spanto blade that popularized the knife...also, gen 1 and 2's sell for well over 1k because they have the hand ground property

you can also tell by the screws...the newest generations have flat scale screws, while the gen 1 and 2's have domed heads on their handle scale screws

also, gen 1 and 2 have R. HINDERER stamped on the blade, right next to the thumbstud.

The model seen in the picture can be had for about 340 bucks direct from rick...just got one in cts-xhp and flipped it to a dealer the next day.

Man i love Warren Thomas's work. tried to have him work on a yoyo for me and he politely declined. Oh well.

5488707615_3db280650e_z.jpg

Micro M19. Carbon fiber fused to ti with carbide cutting edge.

dude how is the sharpening of the carbide? I heard its a much toothier edge which is something im not really a fan of...WT's work is truly cutting edge (pun intended)

lololol didnt see that post by itchy

whatever now you guys know the specifics!! honestly i think the new hinderers are not as high quality fit and finish as the gen 2s and 3s...the one i just recently got...the stamping was so faint and so gritty it was almost like they didnt bother to clean up the lockside at all

also, it was a flpper and was stiff as a board...i could flip it out, even with a wrist flick...i know people say you have to break in the detent, but fuck that noise.

sold it and got a strider smf, and while the blade aint centered, its buttery smooth, bad ass, and beefy and plus, mick strider is just a bad mothafucka

dude how is the sharpening of the carbide? I heard its a much toothier edge which is something im not really a fan of...WT's work is truly cutting edge (pun intended)

Have not tried to sharpen it yet. Asked WT about it at the USN Gathering and he said to sent it to him if i needed it sharpened. He is really an artist.

Edit: think i misunderstood you. The carbide edge feels a bit rough when cutting, like micro serrations, but is still sharp as heck

I'm still waiting for my TSF. Check out their website. 300$ for a custom using ikbs bearings, s35vn steel and titanium framelock handle. So good. There's a beast version also. Can't fucking wait.

TSF = three sisters forge?

i'll have to check that out man ... they are beefy looking from what i have seen didnt know they have the ikbs and s35vn though

ikbs on a non flipper? why would you need that? sounds cool though!

lololol didnt see that post by itchy

whatever now you guys know the specifics!! honestly i think the new hinderers are not as high quality fit and finish as the gen 2s and 3s...the one i just recently got...the stamping was so faint and so gritty it was almost like they didnt bother to clean up the lockside at all

also, it was a flpper and was stiff as a board...i could flip it out, even with a wrist flick...i know people say you have to break in the detent, but fuck that noise.

sold it and got a strider smf, and while the blade aint centered, its buttery smooth, bad ass, and beefy and plus, mick strider is just a bad mothafucka

Mine is not horrible quality. But I do feel the quality of my Sebenzas are more solid. The Hinderer is a TANK so it's gonna make a good workhorse. I go back and forth on Srtiders, prolly have to get one at least to try it out.

Just got my EDC blade back from sharpening. I also polished the pivot on it. Got it as close to mirror as I could without having any polishing compound. Its reflecting black off my nikon so its even shinier then it looks. It opened great before, now its just butter...

DSC_0158.jpg

DSC_0157-1.jpg

DSC_0160.jpg

correction. you arent using it right. dont blame the equipment. whole photography books have been published using only iphone pics.

Whole photography books have been published using only Holga cameras. Doesn't negate the fact they take shitty pictures.

correction. you arent using it right. dont blame the equipment. whole photography books have been published using only iphone pics.

Well captain camera, please explain why this shit is always out of focus and grainy as fuck, no matter lighting or surrounding ?

Talking about offtopic...

Well captain camera, please explain why this shit is always out of focus and grainy as fuck, no matter lighting or surrounding ?

Talking about offtopic...

U MAD

also maybe you dropped your shit and fucked it up. i know my shitty cell phone camera isnt as renowned as the iphones cameras and it does the job just fine. also captain cant take a photo, a cellphone as well as its camera are one of the most popular EDC items so quit your shit talking.

my photo i just took with my cell ©CAPTAINCAMERA 2011

<a  href=http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5091/5495434796_d4deeb4122.jpg' alt='5495434796_d4deeb4122.jpg'>

fuck a tacticool. matte black is just plain sleek.

for some reason the white just seems fragile to me and I dont like the mismatched colors of the white cap on the SS bottle.

Would buy if I can find locally.

pretty much nothing I edc is tacticool.

and pretty sure you havent missed anything. the general consensus seems to be that alox = give up toothpick + tweezers. however i only did some light googling.

mmm not going to lie... I would totally get the murdered out bottle out of all of them.

I recently got the Thermos Stainless Steel Hydration Bottle with SAFETY CAP

As seen here... Except I got the one without any graphics (tacticooler)

http://www.mec.ca/Products/product_detail.jsp?FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302696609&PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524442625594

I have yet to use it tho so no reviews yet. Construction is very good and the cap has a solid lock-up.

OH MEEEEE GAWD TACTICOOL WATUR BATTLEZ!!!!!!!!!

Actual question... Are there any swiss army tools with toothpicks and tweezers (not as important) but have a metal outer plates? (Don't think so but I may have missed something...)

I have a stainless Victorinox SAK I got years ago that had like a compass, leather holder, and came with one of those keychain Maglites. But here's the thing... it has no logo on it and I can't seem to find it anywhere and I bent the crap out of the corkscrew on it, grrrrr, so now I can't replace it... Oh well I guess.