edc [everyday carry] shaved my wife

branespload

Thanks for the suggestions brane. I was actually just on that forum. Nothing I can find I like. The closest thing is a kifaru e&e but it's too small. I'm 5'11 and 240lbs. That e&e would look like a purse on my back. That 5.11 is getting closer to what I want. I would say thus far that, TAD lightspeed and the goruck gr1 are the only ones on my list. Decisions decisions...

Edit. Just realized the rush dosnt have internal webs. I would have pulled the trigger for a c note. I want open on the inside with webs. I'm a compartment whore...

That really only leaves me with the TAD...

Thanks for the suggestions brane. I was actually just on that forum. Nothing I can find I like. The closest thing is a kifaru e&e but it's too small. I'm 5'11 and 240lbs. That e&e would look like a purse on my back. That 5.11 is getting closer to what I want. I would say thus far that, TAD lightspeed and the goruck gr1 are the only ones on my list. Decisions decisions...

Edit. Just realized the rush dosnt have internal webs. I would have pulled the trigger for a c note. I want open on the inside with webs. I'm a compartment whore...

That really only leaves me with the TAD...

if you're looking for big backpack you should check out some of the double strap messenger bags by chrome or reload. they are usually bigger than most other backpacks since they're designed for messengers. i've got the reload midpack and i love it. it's huge! they're not much for internal pockets, it's usually just a big compartment, but they work well with other small organizing systems like grid-it, etc. definetly not as tactical as the goruck or tad so it still may not be what you're looking for.

if you're looking for big backpack you should check out some of the double strap messenger bags by chrome or reload. they are usually bigger than most other backpacks since they're designed for messengers. i've got the reload midpack and i love it. it's huge! they're not much for internal pockets, it's usually just a big compartment, but they work well with other small organizing systems like grid-it, etc. definetly not as tactical as the goruck or tad so it still may not be what you're looking for.

Thanks for the suggestion. Its Weird, I want a small big bag :P

I like smaller backpacks for the simple fact that I dont carry much. Yet I have been a steady gym rat for 10 years now so my upper torso is pretty thick. Thats why I said no go on the messenger style. If it has to go ACROSS my chest, its most likely going to be uncomfortable for me. I even tried one of the incase slings since they have the thick paded strap and it still wanted to ride up off my chest/on my neck.

That being said, a smaller backpack with big enough arms will be perfect.

Im basicly looking for something right in between the Kifur E&E and the Xray

If the E&E was a little taller it would be money. After literally spending HOURS yesterday looking at bags and going through all 144 pages of the "show your bags" on EDC forums, im really leaning towards the TAD litespeed with the optional hanging molle pad. From the reviews I could find, TADs stuff is top notch.

The 3day looks like the perfect size for me (maybe a tiny bit wide but not bad) but im wondering about the quality of a 30 dollar bag. I tear up bags like its my job. I dont know how but like I said earlier, that incase lasted me all of a week before it started coming apart.

Thanks again for all the suggestions thus far guys.

pocket dump...

DSC_0299.jpg

-vintage key ring with rouges gallery anchor, pico widgy, exotac nanostriker & 16gig usb key

-condom

-ointment

-red moon with corona credit card bottle opener

-juice s2

-spyderco dragonfly

-mini cr2

-vintage japanese lighter

-random change

-cigs

-iphone

-pocket hank

-ace comb

-fisher bullet space pen

-randon japance pen

-

Honestly after my last one i wouldn't buy another. After some research i found that this is a pretty common problem. I loved the design though...

Which incase bag did you have? I was looking at one of the messenger backpacks for biking to uni/work etc, but if the quality is really that sketchy i will look elsewhere (some of the Chrome backpacks, specifically the Pawn or Ivan, which only end up being $20-40 more, look good)

Which incase bag did you have? I was looking at one of the messenger backpacks for biking to uni/work etc, but if the quality is really that sketchy i will look elsewhere (some of the Chrome backpacks, specifically the Pawn or Ivan, which only end up being $20-40 more, look good)

Both the 2010 backpack and then the sling pack. I dont know what the name is. its the one they sell at the Mac store. They only made 2 at the time. The 2 backpack style ones I had, then the P ROD ones that was a skate pack. I had the 2 "normal" packs. Both self destructed. If you search online you will find many others saying the same thing about bad construction.

But the actuall bag layout and design was AmAzing. I loved it. If GoRuck would make me an exact copy of that backpack with there quality and a molle panel inside, I really dont think there would be a limit on what I would spend. I seriously would put upwards of 7hundo on it. For me it was perfect, For a week...

5469984162_4bc8ca615c.jpg

Got two lanyards on my dfly and ladybug finally.. so much easier to grab out of the coinpocket. For those of you like me that are too lazy or have no dexterity I ordered from a really nice woman on ebay http://myworld.ebay.com/sylverft/?_trksid=p4340.l2559. Decent enough price (I know buying your own paracord is cheap) and you just need to tell her to make it gutted so it can fit through a knife hole, etc. If you order tell her Jonathan told you about her hah :D

^^ Was just about to post that. I have a super old one that was my Dad's floating around somewhere. I should find that. I also have an old card that was given out to protesting veteran's during Vietnam. People used to sew a dime into their jeans because if you were arrested, and lucky enough to have phone privileges, the cops would only let you use payphones, and wouldn't give you a dime for them. Somewhat EDC related.

img2245n.jpg

Heard about that. I wonder how competitive their pricing will be. GoingGear is already pretty decent, especially with their free shipping for $50+.

Sidenote, CulteryLover got his own 10% discount code "Cutlerylover"

for those of you that watch Jeff's videos.

(10% discount is fairly common but its cool he got his own)