edc [everyday carry] shaved my wife

branespload

dsc0015pj.jpg

That image looks bad ass, I am jealous.

I am currently in Reykjavik Iceland until Saturday so I thought it would be cool to post my EDC for the time being. Apologies for the poor quality of the shot, the co-occupant of the room already must think I'm nuts, I didn't want to try too hard.

P1010453-1.jpg

I usually carry a mini-grip or a caly-3 but decided to leave them behind. The small leather pouch is for cards and cash and the Supreme bag holds my passport/cellphone/camera. Originally, I had the newer BB Bold, but it stopped working the day before I left so I had to use my old one. The key is for the storage box at the hostel.

Apologies to my tumblr brethren. Cross-posting for plus reps.

5348109578_bb2cf519c3_z.jpg

* Comb/Handkerchief

* KC’s Strap Wallet

* G-Shock DW-5600

* HTC Droid Incredible

* Ultimate Ears SuperFi 5vi

* Spyderco Urban

* Mod’d Zebra F-301 Compact (Fisher refill)

* Nitecore EZAA XP-E R2

* Atwood Mini Plus XL

* Gerber Utility Clippers

* Chap Stick

I should probably invest in a sharpmaker too, my dragonfly is feeling a bit more dull lately.

Also, I just watched 127 Hours, corny as it may sound, it really makes me glad that I am into this EDC stuff, would much rather hack my arm of with a quality tool than a really dull 15 dollar multi-tool, thats for sure.

New reason to carry a knife: makes cutting your arm off easier in horror survival situations.

After i watched 127 hours yesterday i realized that an EDC'er is more likely to cut his arm off than a non EDC'er but more likely to survive in situations where the non EDC'er would die off.

what high end pieces are we talking?

any custom emersons / rj martin / munroe / or hinderer ... because if so, let me get on the jumpoff about that first

other than that .... the toxic forum is the best place for customs

by the way....nice warren thomas, how do you like the Cf laminate blade?

i've been looking to add pliers to my EDC for a while now but didn't want to carry a full-size multi tool (leatherman, etc.). finally decided on the SAK tinker deluxe in black and i'm diggin' it. i don't need heavy duty pliers, just something more than my fingers from time to time. looks great paired with a black quark. i could easily see this turning into my go-to carry:

5355194733_7318e4c514_z.jpg

5355195141_7df6e84f38_z.jpg

what high end pieces are we talking?

any custom emersons / rj martin / munroe / or hinderer ... because if so, let me get on the jumpoff about that first

other than that .... the toxic forum is the best place for customs

by the way....nice warren thomas, how do you like the Cf laminate blade?

Warren Thomas , strider3/4 grind sng with black blade and handle, crisis card, and bm balis.

s

The stupid little split ring on my quark mini fell off or something and i nearly lost my light, twice :( guess ill have to figure out a better way to keep it

also, do fisher space pens still start off writing really blotchy in blobs of ink and shit?

also also, im totally (no homo) thinking of getting a man purse. Recommendations? $150 cap preferably

... as all my money is going towards mountaineering gear. On the plus side, I'll have some really cool mountaineering gear and know how to build rescue pulley systems like this:

Nice. You into climbing/ice climbing? Got a few trips planned this year

Warren Thomas , strider3/4 grind sng with black blade and handle, crisis card, and bm balis.

Mmmm. Pics? :D

Been a while, so here's a pocket dump:

834848cd.jpg

The usual stuff, and added a Filson/Levis card case. I also got this little guy as a present:

1defe062.jpg

Haven't really incorporated it into my EDC yet tho...

On a different note, it seems I "misplaced" my 4sevens mini :(

Checked out their site, and was thinking of getting the Mini123 S2. Yay/nay?

^^ I really like that Boker, seems like a great way to have a small fixed blade. I'm going to start ice climbing next week, waiting for my new boots to come in the mail, and I'll be going to Mt. Olympus and Mt. Ranier this summer. It's a pain i the ass to buy all this gear, but it will last me a long time.

I've been carrying my Native w/ serrated edge and it's been great. Small and light knife that has a lot of cutting power.

copy pasta from everyday-carry.com

Sorry if this post is kind of incoherent, I just got back from a trip to the mountains with a school club. For some reason I decided to not bring my keychain out into the snow, thinking it wouldn’t be worth losing my keys and gear out there… I also didn’t bother charging my flashlight’s batteries before I left, thinking I wouldn’t be using it too often.

Anyway, while I’m waiting for a ride back to our cabin with a few of my friends at the head of a snow trail, the sun starts to set and it gets really dark, really fast. Apparently our rides back got lost and we ended up waiting for two hours, much later than scheduled, leaving us in the dark. I wasn’t planning on staying outdoors that night.

After messing around with the snow for a while, we hear a young girl calling for help off in the distance, back up the trail. Soon after, an older woman with a pretty dim incan flashlight comes up to us and asks if we hear that yelling; we confirmed. She said she saw a woman on the floor and some other figure in a beige jacket over her, so she wasn’t sure what kind of help the woman on the floor needed and asked us to accompany her up the trail (she had already called 911, etc…)

As we were going up the trail, I pulled out my light to illuminate the path. Click — and nothing. Of all times, of all places, my battery dies. My backup light on my keys was left at the cabin. I felt horrible about it — unprepared and inadequate. Luckily I turned my friends on to EDC so they had their lights… Nothing like a typical EDC light popular around here, but adequate 3xAAA aspherics and an iTP EOS A3.

We eventually found her in the snow. She twisted her knee on the trail and couldn’t walk without help, so we helped her down the path and used our flashlights to illuminate the way and identify any dangerous terrain for her. The other person with her was her niece who was calling for help, not an attacker or anything. Everything turned out okay.

I don’t claim to be a survivalist or outdoorsman of any sort, and I probably didn’t handle the situation the best I could have. But if my friends didn’t EDC lights, walking down the path would’ve been way more dangerous. I just thought things could’ve gone a little more smoothly if the woman and her niece carried a flashlight to help navigate the snow trail, and even a whistle to signal for help. We barely heard her screaming “Help!,” which I imagine is because they were quite a ways off, her voice isn’t that strong and the cold air would just make her screaming “sink” into the ground. I thought I should’ve had a backup light, battery, or at the very least thought to charge my batteries before leaving.

Not really sure if this is worth posting here, but I’m hoping my readers can understand what I was going through, at any level at least. Just wanted to share this anecdote to serve as an example of one of those ‘you never know’ situations.

Take care and carry on…

That's why you always charge or rotate in fresh batteries, or have a spare or backup when you're going camping. I also ALWAYS have my headlamp, firekit, and FAK on me all the time.

Two is one, one is none. Redundancy, you should know this by now.

lol i DO know this by now. i wasn't "going camping" or anything, just every possible thing that could go wrong did, and I wasn't prepared.

edc fail