edc [everyday carry] shaved my wife

branespload

Cool hook is cool,

but its the least secure when you look at it compared to carabiners, lobster snaps, bolt snaps, trigger snaps, s-biners, etc. They all fulfill the same role, except that the hook has no mechanism to secure it.

Form vs Function, etc.

Either sacrifice the swag and stick to a more classic method, or just remember in the back of your mind that you've got valuables dangling onto a hook. Even though my keys are securely attached to my belt and tucked into my pocket, I do a pat check every once in a while to make sure theyre still there. Just a habit I guess.

Sidenote: Seems like this thread is slowing down a bit. Maybe everyone's loadout is reaching perfection? (5)

yeah, hook is fine clipped to belt or waistband, but it is a non-starter on a belt loop

i am in possession of an (orange) military

cool. makes my caly3 feel tiny. feels fantastic in the hand.

it's the cutlery equivalent of a dunk sb

bulky, light, supremely comfortable

i am surprised how easy it is to pocket

next stop, large sebbie

was lurking the spyderco forums

Hi Gray Wolf,

Welcome to the Spyderco forum.

We will most often go in the direction that our customers prefer. The Jester was developed as an evolution of the Ladybug. There were many changes that were made to the design. We created an entirely new handle that was purpose designed to be a small knife, rather than the "simply reduce the size of an Endura" as the original Ladybug was. We changed the texture of the handle to provide improved traction. We enlarged the lanyard hole to make keyring fastening easier. We enlarged the thumb opening hole to improve opening. We widened the blade to accomodate the larger thumb-hole and we added a hump to the blade to permit a forefinger postion.

The addtion of the hump to the blade widened the tip. Our customers liked all of the improvements with the exception of the loss of the "splinter pickin' tip". So we eliminated the hump on the blade, went to a straight spine and went back to the "splintet pickin' tip".

We believe the current Ladybug is the best so far. There are some that preferred the hump of the Jester, but not enough to support the Jester model on it's own. So the current Lady bug is really a Jester with a straight spine and a pointy tip.

We do have a "beefier" version in-the-works. It's the same length as the Ladybug, but thicker and wider in blade and handle shape. Essentially just a tougher version. It will have a flat ground blade, but with the thicker blade stock, it will be stronger.

We'll have a bolstered version to test the pattern, then we'll make an FRN version. It's called the "ManBug".

sal

How the hell are you guys losing your hooks or getting them knocked off your belt loops?

Mine has only fell off when I was sleeping on it and rolled the other way. And maybe once when I took it off of my chain, to use my keys. Which was my fault as it was a mess up from my orders of operations. I don't have to take it off my chain, for the lock that I was opening.

If you only have 1 or so keys on it, it's not enough weight to keep it parallel to your body, meaning it will sway back and forth and flip off. But I'm sure you guys are sticking the keys into your pocket, making it difficult to understand how you are losing it.

THIS IS WHY YOU CAN'T HAVE NICE, SIMPLE THINGS.

Sayin', I don't even have one of those mega hooks, just the little silver Flathead joint, and I have never had it fall of my belt loop, not once, in the almost 3 years I've had it. What kinds of activities are you guys doing, rustling cattle and scaling cliffs?

IMG_4239.JPG

Right Side:

Coin Pocket: 1969 half dollar, 0.051 thick Aluminum washer, 1925 wheat penny.

Front pocket: Keys (in my car), Streamlight Stylus 3AAA Led penlight, Zebra Clip-on 4 color pen

Belt: Emdom SAF Admin Pouch: MilSpecMonkey Samurai patch, Soft Squared Moleskine, Sog PowerTool Black Oxide, Super Knife (utility knife blade), Express Mens belt with Famous Stars and Straps Rockstar Belt buckle (added snaps and grommets to belt)

Back Pocket: Timbuk2 Billfold

IMG_4242.JPG

Left Side:

Front Pocket: iPhone 4 no case yet, in the mail. (personal leash)

Back Pocket: iPhone 3GS Case-Mate Toughskin (work leash)

On Levi 527's: Devil Cat named Sally

^^ judging by his posts, he signed up for this thread, not for superfuture.. haha.

on somewhat related note, my flashlight finally fell out of the hole it made in my 3sixteen's back pocket yesterday. 4sevens coincidentally announce deep pocket carry clips for the quark line, but of course, my light is incompatible..

Contributing after months of lurking:

bv538.jpg

Seiko 5 Automatic

Silver Alox Classic SAK & Peanut lighter

Comb

Rhodia no. 10 with leather cover.

Fisher Space Pen

Wallet feat. Band-Aids and screwdriver insert from Victorinox Swisscard

Sunglasses

LG phone

Keys & Pico Widgy

Solingen folder

Maglite Solitaire with LED upgrade (to hold me over until I decide on a new light)

Ricoh Caplio GX100

EDIT: Now that I really look at it, this picture looks awful. Hoping for sun tomorrow to take a better one.

pocket check for putting around the house and hood.

5340185332_219ef717c5_z.jpg crisis card, poke ball, first gen tad dogtags, tad life capsule with pillz, warren thomas micro m19 with mini til dangler pocket clip.

Okay, so since I obviously need to replace my Solitaire, I ordered an E05. I really like the look of the flood but I think I'd like a second light with multiple modes. The ITP A3 is looking really good to me (either in stainless or titanium). Is there anything else similar I should be looking at in the same price range (which seems to be roughly from $25-40)?