edc [everyday carry] shaved my wife

branespload

I have also heard of this oven cleaner then polish method. A bunch of people over on bikeforums have tried it on anodized bike parts with success.

It works very well, but keep in mind the alloy underneath is not going to be bead-blasted or brushed, so the grain will be visible and it's not very attractive.

If you try and sand it off, lets just say you'll need DAYS free...

yea thanks I saw those before but i was hoping for black black like the ones Sumi was selling...I should've just bought one with my super cool awesome fishhook thingymabobber, but alas I decided 4 dollars for one seemed like too much and now I can't find a replacement hah

Porsche Design shaker pen. I have been carrying in my front pocket for awhile now, sits nicely flat on the bottom.

anyone have any recs for a small, durable pen to keep in my jeans pocket or in the middle of my billfold wallet? ive tried pens from the art store but they shit out on me, so im coming to you edc nerds for help

went to a local general store looking for a a tiny split ring for my mini 123. they took me over to the fishing section and i ended up getting some Eagle Claw Lazer Oval Split Rings. a little bag that was like $3.50. they work perfectly and they're super sturdy. i'm sure any fishing store would carry them. thought i'd share because that keychain hole on the mini 123 is tiny, but these work awesome.

The bullet is a cool pen (nice size, writes great, good feel), but the clip is truly a weak point. I prefer to carry a Zebra F301 Compact that's been modified to fit a space pen refill. The modification is very easy, you simply have to grind the tip (pause) a tiny bit with either a file, dremel, belt sander, etc. It's clip is slightly better and it costs much less than the Fisher. I do wish it had a bit more weight to it, but alas...

Im interested buying a first EDC knife, what size of Spyderco would be good?

I have a Caly 3 and really enjoy it. The blade shape/G-10 scales/pocket clip all make for a good knife IMO. I would say that the Delica's and Endura's are just fine as well. I almost purchased a SALT version so I wouldn't have to worry about getting it wet.

All those knives are around the 3" blade length and should be more than adequate for most tasks.

anyone been through TSA recently? wondering if it's worth the trouble to try and get through with my juice s2 in my carry-on without getting it confiscated

if it's small and metallic, most likely it'll get flagged and confiscated. unless you're cool with donating it to some TSA agent who's going to turn around and huck it on ebay, i'd say leave it at home or check your bag. i've been searched before because my ipod (seen from the thin side) was mistaken for a pocket knife in the xray.

Im interested buying a first EDC knife, what size of Spyderco would be good?

Laguioles also look real nice, would it make a good edc knife?

i love my caly3 but i didn't carry it for a long while b/c it seemed a bit big (read: overkill) for EDC

now i carry it a lot (well, until i got a 'benza)

it is an awesome knife

i think you'd be better served by an FRN dragonfly

it is perfect for EDC and a good place to start as you figure out what works for you

laguioles don't make a good edc (unless you herd sheep)

they don't pocket extremely well

and can look aggressive (due to the blade shape)

plus they are expensive (if you get the real deal; the cheaper joints inspired by laguioles are shit - trust me on that one)

if you do get one, get a carbon blade

it takes on character as you use it

traditional blades look better with a patina

if you are open minded (it seems you are) consider a case sodbuster in CV with the yellow handles

it might be the perfect knife

or look at opinel #6 - #8

again, carbonne blade

best bang for the buck out there

totally unthreatening

and just an incredible design

i am looking for a keychain light (AAA is my preference, but i am open to other options, i guess)

i am thinking of maybe the maratac AAA

mainly, i want a simple UI

tough

bright

i gave my wife my photon II b/c the battery exploded on her solitaire

i may just get the ritter photon but i think i could do better for my $20

i think i can go up to $50 without feeling guilty

^ all i can speak to is the mini 123 cause it's all i've got, but i carry it on my keychain and it's no problem at all. and it's crazy bright. i suppose a AAA light could be skinnier, but it's hard to imagine a smaller light than the mini 123. there's my 2 cents

Hmm...copper maratac, that would look nice with my cool hook.

I'm also starting to look for a new light that I can take to Mt. Ranier this summer. I'll have my aaa headlamp, but I want something that has 180+ lumens and strobe/beacon/sos modes. Not sure if I want 123 or AA yet. I'm also looking to make a mount for my helmet if possible.

So, I'm in the midst of a (neverending) pen replacement search.

Has anyone ever tried this Düller ballpoint?

it's awfully pretty, and there are a few local shops where I'd be able to get it for 10-15 less, (and without the accompanying notebook) making it feel a little more reasonable for a ballpoint ...

opinions? experiences?