edc [everyday carry] shaved my wife

branespload

Anyone got a review of the 511 Ruck 12? I know there is the 24, but is a bit too big for a EDC bag.

Im looking for a new backpack for exchange soon. mostly gonna be carrying the 13 mbp some paper and pens around, but would it be able to carry a DSLR for those occasional day trips?

Any other suggestions?

I cut my leg on one of those box cutters with retractable blades because the locking mechanism failed. So I´m switching to a folder.

I´ve been looking at Byrd knifes, robin or raven or something in that size. However, they look kind of wide, are they inconvenient for pocket carry?

If you get a byrd, go for the new cara cara 2 with the full flat grind.

no h8,

i just don't find it efficient to carry a moleskine without a pen (unless it is in the wallet)

nor do i find it necessary to use the brass keyhook for a single key (jawnzy or not)

and no knife/flashlight/multitool/watch etc.. those are staples for the everyday carry kind of edc

but at 16 years old i bet you can't really carry that kinda stuff to school right??

lol wait a sec,

my intention is never to disparage legitimate people's attempts to better prepare themselves

i am offering my constructive criticism here, sorry if it comes off as harsh.

i do admit though, i get frustrated when i see a pair of wayfarers, burts bees, a moleskine and a camera with 'edc' slapped on it. EDC is about utility, it shouldn't be a fashion statement if you're doing it right (conceal ur shiet!)

Aha, i actually don't carry the moleskine on my body, it's usually in my backpack, so i guess it's not true edc. I like the hook with a single key, it's simple and it adds a little extra. Definitely can't bring a knife to school ahaha

apologies if i bastardized this thread :(

Surefire for batteries. Buy in bulk and save.

Do want victorinox wilderness, but 119 is a bit pricey for it. Limited to 50 in each color, so they're pretty rare.

More pictures here:

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8878613

wildernessmanix004.jpg

Military doing work on some cardboard. This is the heavy stuff and it still sliced through double layered and glued sections without effort. (Ughhh my phone camera made the orange scales look nasty)

111510131000.jpg

edc philosophy debate time?

i do believe there is a distinct difference between 'things you have in your pocket on a daily basis' and 'everyday carry'

EDC can be things in your pockets but things in your pockets aren't necessarily EDC

discuss? (i am supposed to be studying so i will voice my opinion later)

edit: here's what i'm talking about. i got this as a submission to my site

tumblr_lbvhxrK7Xx1qaugiso1_500.jpg

"All I need is my wallet, phone, smokes and a lighter to get me through the day."

your day must suck tho. i would call this stuff in ur pockets, not EDC.

i think the people who argue that their wallet + phone + keys + receipts + burts bees ONLY is an edc are not fully aware of the EDC subculture

you can just look at the difference here:

http://www.flickr.com/groups/theitemswecarry/

^ you see EDC posts in the items we carry group, but never the reverse

http://www.flickr.com/groups/901575@N23/

I think edc is just what it literally means. What you carry with you everyday. Think of it this way, in that last pic. If that guy included a knife and flashlight it would have been edc in your definition bern. This thread should just be called the multitool, knife and flashlight thread if you're going to call that guy out.

Just from what I understand the whole idea of edc is to be prepared for whatever happens to you. Well the guy has a cell phone...which along with money in your wallet is all you really need in this time we live in

Just from what I understand the whole idea of edc is to be prepared for whatever happens to you. Well the guy has a cell phone...which along with money in your wallet is all you really need in this time we live in

the worst .

just popping in to say how much i love the spyderco dragonfly and caly3

i detoured into a old timey 1095 slipjoint only phase but i found my way back to spyderco

there is something to say about the pure utility and ergonomics of their knives; they remind of nike basketball shoes where say, a case stockman is like a pair of alden boots

also, added a CooKey to my keychain

haven't used it yet but i have plans to put, like, an ID in there in case i lose my keychain

eh i should post a dump soon

EDC is what it is, an acronym like smh or lol. Given the audience that you have presented edc to it is a given that you will get more pocket dumps than b.o.b.'s. (bug out bags). I like flashlights, knives and the like, probably MORE than the next guy, but I am glad that I have found edc in the context of this site, as it brings out some design and aesthetics in addition to strict utility and minimalism. There is certainly room for both, and if you are looking for more knives and paracord you know where to find it. But I think it is important to let people join in without judging or becoming elitist. With that said, bring on the pocket dumps. I would love for someone to show me a better wallet, water bottle, burts bees, than I already have so I can swoop some new gear!

edc philosophy debate time?

i do believe there is a distinct difference between 'things you have in your pocket on a daily basis' and 'everyday carry'

EDC can be things in your pockets but things in your pockets aren't necessarily EDC

discuss? (i am supposed to be studying so i will voice my opinion later)

edit: here's what i'm talking about. i got this as a submission to my site

tumblr_lbvhxrK7Xx1qaugiso1_500.jpg

"All I need is my wallet, phone, smokes and a lighter to get me through the day."

your day must suck tho. i would call this stuff in ur pockets, not EDC.

With that said, bring on the pocket dumps. I would love for someone to show me a better wallet, water bottle, burts bees, than I already have so I can swoop some new gear!

this is well said. it's always cool just checking out what other people are carrying around. this thread definitely has a certain style of it's own within the EDC world which is why we all read it. brane and all the other contributers have done a good job of posting interesting stuff that's fun to read and practical in my life (non-hunter, not a paranoid conspiracy theorist, etc...). there's a reason i follow this thread and not any of the blogs out there with pistols and BOB's blah blah blah...

that said....

submitting a photo of your wallet, phone, cigs and a bic lighter to an EDC blog such as brane's is like posting some old navy jeans on the iron heart thread. why? so people might know that you don't need all the stuff that they like? it's dumb and kinda weird. and it definitely doesn't contribute anything.

But I think it is important to let people join in without judging or becoming elitist.

http://pocketvomit.tumblr.com

go nuts.

that is a blog of submissions without an editor, a curator, or a commentator.

i think i will remain judgmental and elitist :P

posting interesting stuff that's fun to read and practical in my life (non-hunter, not a paranoid conspiracy theorist, etc...). there's a reason i follow this thread and not any of the blogs out there with pistols and BOB's blah blah blah...

another thing i forgot to mention

both my blog and this thread is meant to be an intermediate between hardcore tactical survivalist blogs and pedestrian pocket contents

i know sufu appreciates design and aesthetics… that is the approach i take

it's the same on my blog.. if i ran a blog like pocket vomit it would offer nothing new or interesting to people who have never heard of edc

similarly, if i restricted my content to purely tactical stuff, it would scare away people new to EDC (like many of you in this thread) and it would seem inaccessible

I didn't need to make this thread or my blog into what it is, but i really did want to share a hobby of mine and promote preparedness.

since a lot of EDC guys are into most utility out of minimal items, how many of you guys drive hatchbacks?

from what i remember/noticed, i know that wildstyle and zissou both drive VW hatchbacks (as do i).

i know thats not that many examples but im guessing/thinking there might be some correlation.

edit: not exactly minimalist more like minimal.