edc [everyday carry] shaved my wife

branespload

I just carry a fork in my bag. MY TACTICOOOOL BAG that is.

For the dragonfly, that thing would slide through the duties without a problem dude! Don't worry about Canada only purchasing! One question tho, what's so special about the dragonfly?

Nothing that special. Just the amount of similar EDC knives like that is a little overwhelming. Anything that's a similar size / blade length / price would do fine tbh.

Pen nerds, I need your assistance.

I'm used to 0.5 to 0.7 liquid ink pens like the Pilot Precise line and G2's. Just wondering if the Sharbo ink (4C I believe) is any better than the SK inks, or if there's any multipen system with inks that wont make me compromise too much from reasonably dark, medium strength lines?

Haven't used sharbo inks but Pentel Slicci inks are pretty dark and and write smooth, not sure what you mean by medium strength though. you can get 0.4 or 0.5mm iirc on jetpens along with the multipen body. don't get 0.3mm though, those are pretty shitty unless you have some thick ass paper

Where else can I get a Dragonfly in Canada? Stupid S&R ;_;

Also this has probably been asked elsewhere ITT but does anyone EDC a spoon or something? Foldable non-plastic spork where.

Have you looked at www.warriorsandwonders.com ?

I have purchased both my knives from them and in fact, they only ship to Canadian addresses.

There isn't much benefit. The blade tip is meant to benefit slashing for self defense etc. but the unsharpened spine takes away from its stabbing ability in a tactical scenario. You're better off just getting a drop point blade. The edge will have a lot more versatility and should suffice in defensive purposes (knock on wood nothing ever gets to this point) about as well.

Indeed, the tanto tip is made for stabbing. Its shape and common thickness gives the tip more strength. For utility tasks its less useful because the angle the blade makes to make the tanto tip takes away from the the length of the blade edge. So instead of it being a continuous edge, it bends up sharply to create the tip, and at that bend the blade edge is sort of useless except for stabbing really. Could use the tanto tip end for scraping I guess, if thats something you'd find useful.

Can anyone tell me what benefit a tanto shape blade has, as opposed to a regular pointed blade?

I'm personally not a fan based on the aesthetics, but I wanna know if it has any actual benefit.

I'd like to cop for sheer Evangelion steez. Though I'm not sure if the knives they used were even Tanto shaped. I've this outside theory that the colors the 940 Osbourne models came in were based on EVA units (Purple, Green. Orange. Blue). That's probably just me though, but one can't deny the Green Goblin semiotic.

That or vicariously fulfilling my desire to be the first Filipino Ninja...

Cool! Have you considered some of the wraps at Stormdranes blog?

http://stormdrane.blogspot.com/2010/08/adding-paracord-to-water-bottles.html

and how do you like the Kor? I know it's popular around here. I am really trying to hold out for their new models tho.