edc [everyday carry] shaved my wife

branespload

I always find myself in need of a sharp knife to open things with

would the Byrd Cara Cara ($25) fit the bill, or is it best to spend a whole $70 on something like the Endura, Delica, Griptilian/MiniGrip? (or even $100 on an SS Police)

I'd rather go out of budget then buy something cheap and unexhilarating

The biggest thing you'll notice when buying a better quality knife is the overall mechanics (opening/closing, lockup) and the blade steel. I'm a big fan of lockback locks, and full flat ground blades, If anything I'd recommend you go with a FFG, you can can get enduras and delicas in that for around $50-60. But that Byrd might be a good first purchase just to see what you like/dislike about knives, and if you wanted to get something different you could use that purchase to come to a decision. Might also want to look at some kershaw (leek or scallion), or Al Mar knives.

Cold Steel Two Handed Great Sword

fuck cold steel.

Where can I get a keychain of similar style & a compact/keychain flashlight that has an ok light?

look at fenix, 4sevens, or nitecore, or on the first page for links.

doctor_doom - biggest things you want to look at are battery type, maximum lumens, modes, and how it is turned on/off. Do yo want one battery or two? Click or twist to turn on? how big/small do you want it. Again, look at fenix, 4sevens, or nitecore, or on the first page for links.

I always find myself in need of a sharp knife to open things with

would the Byrd Cara Cara ($25) fit the bill, or is it best to spend a whole $70 on something like the Endura, Delica, Griptilian/MiniGrip? (or even $100 on an SS Police)

I'd rather go out of budget then buy something cheap and unexhilarating

The biggest thing you'll notice when buying a better quality knife is the overall mechanics (opening/closing, lockup) and the blade steel. I'm a big fan of lockback locks, and full flat ground blades, If anything I'd recommend you go with a FFG, you can can get enduras and delicas in that for around $50-60. But that Byrd might be a good first purchase just to see what you like/dislike about knives, and if you wanted to get something different you could use that purchase to come to a decision. Might also want to look at some kershaw (leek or scallion), or Al Mar knives.

Cold Steel Two Handed Great Sword

fuck cold steel.

Where can I get a keychain of similar style & a compact/keychain flashlight that has an ok light?

look at fenix, 4sevens, or nitecore, or on the first page for links.

doctor_doom - biggest things you want to look at are battery type, maximum lumens, modes, and how it is turned on/off. Do yo want one battery or two? Click or twist to turn on? how big/small do you want it. Again, look at fenix, 4sevens, or nitecore, or on the first page for links.

Hey guys, I am looking for an entry level flashlight around 60 bucks for night walking and such so what would you guys recommend? I have been looking around and doing a bit of research but can't really seem to tell what's good and what's not. Thanks

http://www.zebralight.com/SC50w-Flashlight-Neutral-White_p_27.html

walking outside at night = needs moderate throw to see ahead, good spill to see what's coming around you, neutral tint for better color rendition. side click for more natural hold at waist level instead of icepick or cigar grip at your shoulderline

zebralight's optics will give u a good spill coupled w/ an xp-e emitter would give u a tighter beam, balancing flood and throw for your purposes

able to hit 200lm off an eneloop nimh AA, i have no idea how they do it but kudos to them. if u can learn how to use the electronic switch, i'd go with this one.

if ur willing to go "weirdo battery" mode w/ cr123s, then look into other options. currently this would be my go-to AA light if i used AAs.

Hey guys, I am looking for an entry level flashlight around 60 bucks for night walking and such so what would you guys recommend? I have been looking around and doing a bit of research but can't really seem to tell what's good and what's not. Thanks

http://www.zebralight.com/SC50w-Flashlight-Neutral-White_p_27.html

walking outside at night = needs moderate throw to see ahead, good spill to see what's coming around you, neutral tint for better color rendition. side click for more natural hold at waist level instead of icepick or cigar grip at your shoulderline

zebralight's optics will give u a good spill coupled w/ an xp-e emitter would give u a tighter beam, balancing flood and throw for your purposes

able to hit 200lm off an eneloop nimh AA, i have no idea how they do it but kudos to them. if u can learn how to use the electronic switch, i'd go with this one.

if ur willing to go "weirdo battery" mode w/ cr123s, then look into other options. currently this would be my go-to AA light if i used AAs.

how long does ink cartridiges last on sharbos? my black ink tank doesnt seem to be working nemore, ive only used it maybe for 4 days of classes. surely something is wrong.

From what I have read the sharbo gel ink is pretty average. That's why I went down the ball point refill route.

how long does ink cartridiges last on sharbos? my black ink tank doesnt seem to be working nemore, ive only used it maybe for 4 days of classes. surely something is wrong.

From what I have read the sharbo gel ink is pretty average. That's why I went down the ball point refill route.

I have and love my Aegis. I think it's a bit expensive for what it is/the materials it uses. The spring assist means having to practice to get it to one-hand close efficiently.

The Tenacious and Rat 1 are definitely better value-wise. The Rat 1 is still (imo) the best overall value blade for what you get. If you want something a bit more durable and better built, in comes the Tenacious.

They're all great blades tho, it's just a matter of personal preference and what you wanna do with your money.

I have and love my Aegis. I think it's a bit expensive for what it is/the materials it uses. The spring assist means having to practice to get it to one-hand close efficiently.

The Tenacious and Rat 1 are definitely better value-wise. The Rat 1 is still (imo) the best overall value blade for what you get. If you want something a bit more durable and better built, in comes the Tenacious.

They're all great blades tho, it's just a matter of personal preference and what you wanna do with your money.