edc [everyday carry] shaved my wife

branespload

Talked to my sister and she's getting my my birthday present early. Spyderco sharpmaker and a Kershaw Chive. Just under 3" closed, blade is 2", 1.9 ounces. titanium nitride coating, 420hc steel, US made and $40. Has spring assist opening for easy one handed deployment, should be the perfect keychain knife.

kershaw20tini20chive201.jpg

Like this a lot - I've been thinking about a keychain knife, but didn't know where to start..

Did you come across other likely candidates, 35percent?

There are a lot of good options out there, but I have an arbitrary rule that I need it to be made in the USA, so that cuts down a lot of my options. SOG and Spyderco probably have the best options for smaller knives, but this Kershaw has everything I'm looking for. I've had a CRKT peck for about 5 years, and want to switch it up, only concern is that it might be a tad big for a keychain, buy oh well.

Benchmite is cool, but very hard to open one handed and not made in US. SAK would be good, but I really want one-handed opening capabilities. I might just have to find something a bit bigger.

if you can track down the first benchmites, the 310 or the auto 3100, those are made in the US.

Hey ken, OR ANYONE, didnt you have a strider of some sort? EDC that B?

And weren't you going to sell some things?

TALK TO ME!

i have a gen 5 strider sng and a dgg sng. only selling the dgg strider.

haven't got around to making a list, but i will make one soon enough.

Talked to my sister and she's getting my my birthday present early. Spyderco sharpmaker and a Kershaw Chive. Just under 3" closed, blade is 2", 1.9 ounces. titanium nitride coating, 420hc steel, US made and $40. Has spring assist opening for easy one handed deployment, should be the perfect keychain knife.

kershaw20tini20chive201.jpg

good choice on the Chive, I have a Scallion myself.. just a bit bigger.. find the chive a bit small for myself.. the spring deployment is beautiful though

branespload/35percent: i can't really carry around anything with a blade, australia has some of the strictest knife laws in the world. that multikey thing just seemed really useful to have without all the bulk and stuff of a blade/SAK configuration. thanks anyway though.

my lil bro cant carry a blade at his school either so he bought a leatherman micra, opened it, took the knife out and used a small split ring as a spacer. he has scissors but not the knife so i guess that works out.

its worth a shot

good choice on the Chive, I have a Scallion myself.. just a bit bigger.. find the chive a bit small for myself.. the spring deployment is beautiful though

It will be a dedicated keychain knife, if it was going to be my main knife it'd be a bit too small for me, but it'll be perfect for my keys.

i carry mine now and then. it's not a problem at all in the back pocket, but that's how i carry my knives nowadays.

Yeah me too. I was looking at getting a PT because I was worried about the size. Is there any way I could get some pictures of it in you back pocket?

Also, is the GG rough on the Ti side? Meaning would it tear my pocket up?

boom finally acquired this today: flew from freeport, grand bahamas to miami, fl to pick it up, chilled with my friend and flew back

beautiful blade...so beautiful and razor sharp...still going to send it in to EKI when i get a chance to get it double sharp and checked out

love the dark green/brown micarta...this one has a threaded bolster so its super old school

img3337t.jpg

img3338q.jpg

img3339zq.jpg

img3340p.jpg

It's pretty fucking ridiculous that they are spending that much time on knives. SMH.
He noted that about a third of homicides in Manhattan in 2009, and so far this year, involved knives.

right, what a total waste of time...:rolleyes:

its pretty fucking ridiculous that anybody, from your average joe to crazy schizo-paranoid drug addict, can walk into a home depot or paragon and buy a 6inch blade without any kind of background check. at least with guns you apply for a permit, and there are special places to buy them, etc. it even said at the end of the video that one store stopped selling knives because kids would buy them and supposedly (?) hurt themselves/each other.

it's pretty fucking ridiculous that most kids can walk into his/her kitchen and get an assortment of knives. and that people can just get gasoline they can use for arson and murder by just going to a gas station. right?

"He noted that about a third of homicides in Manhattan in 2009, and so far this year, involved knives."

not necessarily the illegal knives. could have mostly been been kitchen knives; daily news is ambiguous (maybe purposefully) about that. and whos to say those homicides would have been avoided if those knives weren't obtained. could just use a crowbar. or a broken beer bottle. maybe they should stop selling those too.

it's pretty fucking ridiculous that any hypebeast camping out in front of supreme can cop a kermit deck without any kind of background check and use it to bash someone's skull in

Must spread rep before giving it to TIK

right, what a total waste of time...:rolleyes:

its pretty fucking ridiculous that anybody, from your average joe to crazy schizo-paranoid drug addict, can walk into a home depot or paragon and buy a 6inch blade without any kind of background check. at least with guns you apply for a permit, and there are special places to buy them, etc. it even said at the end of the video that one store stopped selling knives because kids would buy them and supposedly (?) hurt themselves/each other.

Criminals will ALWAYS have illegal weapons, drugs, do illegal things, etc. The only thing that these laws do is hurt law-abiding citizens. I believe it was in Japan or China that banned guns, then there was a slew of murders with knives. then they banned hunting knives, and people used kitchen knives. The world is a dangerous place, and if people want to hurt you, they'll find a way.

Which one is illegal to buy in NYC at a hardware store, and which one looks more dangerous?

An inch of cutting edge, folding utility knife. - $6

(I've used these and they are hard to open, can't do it easily with one hand)

99721.jpg

OR

2 7/8" blade, high carbon tempered steel, ergo handle, $5

eda862df8c7245f085c621e.jpg

I'm really glad Home Depot is cooperating from not selling dangerous things...