edc [everyday carry] shaved my wife

branespload

that's king of the hill right? kenthenoob was telling me there was like a monster truck rally or whatever and some guy crashes and needs to get rescued by a multitool idk

run on sentences

they're just compensating (7)

nah but it seems like this topic has been discussed to death, but the general consensus is that "it's useful in certain situations". what those situations are, i'm still not quite sure, but then again i don't carry a knife either so I wouldn't know. seems to me carrying around a big ol' knife can put you into far more potentially dangerous situations (ex. that guy that fended off those cholos with a wrench a few pages back... if he pulled a knife it could've gotten ugly) than helpful ones but again.. that's just me.

i think it has to do more with a kind of enthusiast/hobby mindset, some people are just knifeheads or flashlightheads as opposed to shoeheads or carheads. if you like spending money on something, might as well show it off right?

nah but it seems like this topic has been discussed to death, but the general consensus is that "it's useful in certain situations". what those situations are, i'm still not quite sure, but then again i don't carry a knife either so I wouldn't know.

that's basically it. the people who ask are the people who have never given it a chance.

and not every knife carrier is going to jump at the chance to use it in a self defense situation. normally the person who carries the knife knows the blade's uses and limitations, as well as their comfort level w/ handling the knife. trained fighters who feel comfortable would use it, but a general edcer is smart enough to know not to pull a blade on someone (hopefully)

lastly no, i don't think you should show off your carry (in practice, anyway). i used to do that where i'd have all my shiet hanging off me and everything was clipped and visible, now i steered away from all shiny SS / polished titanium and everything is murdered out

catches less attention and it makes you seem less threatening

good thing i look like an azn babby nerd tho

that's basically it. the people who ask are the people who have never given it a chance.

and not every knife carrier is going to jump at the chance to use it in a self defense situation. normally the person who carries the knife knows the blade's uses and limitations, as well as their comfort level w/ handling the knife. trained fighters who feel comfortable would use it, but a general edcer is smart enough to know not to pull a blade on someone (hopefully)

lastly no, i don't think you should show off your carry (in practice, anyway). i used to do that where i'd have all my shiet hanging off me and everything was clipped and visible, now i steered away from all shiny SS / polished titanium and everything is murdered out

catches less attention and it makes you seem less threatening

good thing i look like an azn babby nerd tho

true, and i'm sure most edcers are responsible enough to use their knife wisely but you can't deny the fact that carrying something potentially dangerous doesn't sometimes lead to someone getting hurt, intentional or not. there was that guy a few pages back that almost had the tip of his thumb cut off by his friend who didn't know how to handle a blade. obviously his friend wasn't the one who owned the knife, and didn't know/take the safety precautions but by carrying a knife you drastically increase your chance of getting hurt as opposed to not carrying one.

not saying people shouldn't carry knives. i guess it's just a personal decision. some people feel comfortable carrying around a knife and find it useful enough to warrant carrying it around every day. others don't. it's your call. i agree with you brane about trying it before you knock it, but that would make me a hypocrite so... time to shut up now :X

or they are the people who have, and they realized they never pulled it out of their pocket. i only pulled mine out to use the screwdriver part of my knife. something that a multitool would have been better suited for.

and its really hard to assume things when ur not in a self defense situation. when u have all that adrenaline, anger, and all those fun emotions/hormones that occur during a fight, its not uncommon to act totally out of character or a lil insane.

i think it has to do more with a kind of enthusiast/hobby mindset, some people are just knifeheads or flashlightheads as opposed to shoeheads or carheads. if you like spending money on something, might as well show it off right?

I carry a pocket knife because I live in rural Texas and use it regularly in my farming and ranching work. I have put no consideration of self-defense into my edc personally, as that's not something I worry about. I don't usually carry a knife when I go into town.

I carry a flashlight because I walk around at night and need to see where I'm going and to watch out for rattlesnakes.

I even carry a pocket monocular for checking out cattle/wildlife/crops/employees/equipment etc. across fields.

I agree there's lots of enthusiast/hobby people around here flashing some pricey edc bling, and I have no problem with that. You should also please recognize that some of us actually use these things. Hard.

edc to stab israeli commandos

Cropped%20Image-Reuters%201_doomsday_604x341.JPG

i'm going to attempt to not get any more political than this already is. Sooo, i constructed this:

"fuck yeah! well, not really. but then again, FUCK YEAH! (1.67)"

smh. really bothers me how smart some of yous guys is, and yet you still stray away from your emotional/political edc. (if the rules have changed and we can get political now then someone let me know)

Being involved/educated > Voting > EDC > epic fades > +rep.

you can send all your gear to me and i'll take a pic for you B)

in other news i fckin copped that al mar hawk for 60 shipped lol. not the best price but it's BNIB so w/e. YAAAAAA

Lynn Thompson is a fucktard.

Agreed...

I almost want to throw my Cold Steel knife in the garbage. It would be so fitting for a bear to tear him apart.

I hope other knife companies make knives for some other utilitarian purpose other than KILLING and being a WARRIOR.

R