edc [everyday carry] shaved my wife

branespload

Thanks for the responses.

I am stuck between the Quark AA R5, the Quark AA R5 Tactical and a version of the Nitecore D10 with the D2 bulb but not the three mode brightness. I was getting confused with the differences. So I have the following questions.

With regards to the Quarks...

1) Can the Tactical still be placed on its end to act as a candle.

2) Is the only difference the programability?

With regards to the Quarks vs. D10

1) What are the main reasons for and against either?

I think I am leaning towards the Quarks because of the moonlight and also I assume that because it is simply a click switch it will not draw power (I realise it is still minimal) continuously like the D10.

In general I am also curious about the momentary features of the lights. To switch settings one uses the click button to cycle but is this not the same way of using the momentary option as well?

I can get the regular Quark locally but would have to get either the tactical or the D10 off of the internet.

Ryan

1. No the tactical can't tailstand. The protruding button is just for easier access.

2. Yes only programability

Momentary: one cycles(d10) and one is set (quark).

The d10 has a low which seems pretty close to moonlight.

It all depends on your uses, since you can get the quark localy, try the store and see how you like it.

quick dump. crappy photography due to noob photographer with a newly acquired camera.

IMG_0091.jpg

Foray Pencil

Casio Hipster Watch

Nitecore EZ CR2

Bechmade 943bk

S-Biner/ Quick Release thing / Keys

AA Wallet

In the 10 dollar hip pack (is this against the rules?) from target:

Hohner Special 20 Harp in C

Canon S90

Phone

Just recieved by Emerson a100 BTS in the mail. It's a fantastic knife, and beautiful as well, but I think I should have gone with the mini. Even though the dimensions of the emerson aren't really substantially larger than my opinel it feels a little too big to have on me at all times.

The store I ordered from has the mini's so I'm going to try to send this one back and do a switcheroo... unless someone here wants to take it off my hands- black combo blade, etc etc. Let me know. It's a great knife, part of me wants to keep it and get the mini as well ... :rolleyes:

quick dump. crappy photography due to noob photographer with a newly acquired camera.

IMG_0091.jpg

Foray Pencil

Casio Hipster Watch

Nitecore EZ CR2

Bechmade 943bk

S-Biner/ Quick Release thing / Keys

AA Wallet

In the 10 dollar hip pack (is this against the rules?) from target:

Hohner Special 20 Harp in C

Canon S90

Phone

take better pics noob! u have cool stuff :(

also man I need to find my old harmonica lolol.

not necessarily, i like to arrange things so that they make a nice frame around a central piece, or are more or less fitted nicely together.

then lighting is key... since pocket dumps are mostly taken from a bird's eye perspective i try to avoid harsh lighting. here's one:

img0655pj.jpg

:o

still don't know how to deal w/ reflections tho. :(

not necessarily, i like to arrange things so that they make a nice frame around a central piece, or are more or less fitted nicely together.

then lighting is key... since pocket dumps are mostly taken from a bird's eye perspective i try to avoid harsh lighting. here's one:

img0655pj.jpg

only way to get rid of the reflection is to shoot at a bit of an angle since you are using the SD780. You could buy a polarizer filter and just hold it infront of the point and shoot, twist it disappears

Purchase some white ripstop nylon. It's used for diffusion panels and softens the light but also can provide a more diffused reflection on reflective surfaces. Probably good to have in general if you're practicing shooting anyway.

^ how would I use it? that was just indirect lighting from my window (hence the blinds on the iphone screen).

for my lightbox I use this material from my hamper:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/miwo76/255976037/

this summer i'll build another one, a better one tho.

thanks for the input~

It's literally used like a screen. You put it between the subject and the light source and it diffuses the light evenly. Any reflections will catch the white material instead of your surroundings so it's a bit cleaner.

img0655pj.jpg

Just curious, I'm assuming the black leather thing on the right is a wallet, (unless it's just a card case...) but why do you need to carry around a wallet if you have a money clip or vice versa? Is it more convenient to have easy access to cash with a money clip? But can't you just put cards on your money clip too?

I've been considering getting a new wallet, but I'm not sure whether I want an actual wallet (so many types, from fat to skinny, coin pouch or no, etc) or a money clip, or just a card case. Since I'm more of a minimalist I was thinking of a card case and putting my cash in one side and all cards on the other.. just curious as to your thoughts on the matter.

Just curious, I'm assuming the black leather thing on the right is a wallet, (unless it's just a card case...) but why do you need to carry around a wallet if you have a money clip or vice versa? Is it more convenient to have easy access to cash with a money clip? But can't you just put cards on your money clip too?

I've been considering getting a new wallet, but I'm not sure whether I want an actual wallet (so many types, from fat to skinny, coin pouch or no, etc) or a money clip, or just a card case. Since I'm more of a minimalist I was thinking of a card case and putting my cash in one side and all cards on the other.. just curious as to your thoughts on the matter.

you bring up a good point -- either the money clip or the cardholder bifold would be redundant and unnecessary if viewed from a strong minimalist approach

I DID carry my cards with my cash in the clip:http://www.flickr.com/photos/49184759@N04/4606588203/

but my asscheeks begged for symmetry, so now I carry the cardholder so my right cheek gets some love too. plus it feels better when i sit. it's basically not there and it's more convenient anyway.

i've spoken with chris about a cardholder/clip combo collabo but we'll see… i have a lot of other stuff planned for the site and the thread etc

edc for one particular soldier

"By full sunrise everyone was geared up. I treated myself to a fresh pair of socks. My flak jacket was weighted down with a holstered and loaded 9-millimeter Beretta on a lanyard, three extra pistol magazines with 15 rounds a piece, six M-16 magazines of 30 rounds each, a medical kit, an extra pouch stuffed with food, a tri-pocket grenadier pouch carrying a camera, audio recorder and a multi-tool Leatherman, and lastly, a half-full Camelback water-bladder. Over that I hoisted an improvised shoulder bag, which carried my art supplies, a poncho liner and a couple canteens. The final touches to all this troubadouric splendor were a rifle on a three point sling across my chest, a Kevlar helmet and a black and white shemagh tied around my throat in a knot Mick Jagger would have approved of. Paul Cezanne, with a big straw hat and a pochade box on his back, I was not."

from op-ed piece in NY Times

still looking for sharbo testers in central/south and east coast. i think i have the west coast pretty heavily represented at this point~

i've only gotten one PM so far. i havent seen much response, which i can understand but i'd like some help/input about how to organize the whole thing if anyone has suggestions. thanx

luv,

branespload

lost my muji multipen. fuck you pen thieving nurses.

4682478961_5a402e2584.jpg

sup ryan, saw pocketwrench at ace for $5, had to cop #sogood sup evilcrayon sup

edit: brane, saw that keytool jawn you posted and decided to review it.

verdict: thing fucking sucks. there's a reason why it was nearly free.