edc [everyday carry] shaved my wife

branespload

ya i am mad because its fucking idiotic

i understand why YOU did it, because that shit comes stock and yours is still translucent

but man this is like buying 500 dollar tan samurai jeans and then dyeing them black or blue its just fucking retarded

what is that hook thing on the keychain called?

Fishhook motorcycle key ring - $17 on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Multiple-FISHHOOK-Type-Motorcycle-Key-Ring-1950-/320528387368?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4aa0fb0d28

And I agree with TK, maybe that's what you wanted, but that's kind of like being "yo dawg look at this huge exhaust and wing on my civic" Could have gotten a much better more badass knife for the money.

i wouldn't say TIK is a sufu trend hopper at all, in fact he knows his shit and has been on the game since before this thread existed

but anyway

this topic is played, i'd rather talk about using supreme kermit decks as self defense edc (5).

MOVING ON…

As you guys may have noticed I recently won a green Sharbo X from Jetpens:

Y01U_X9HOpY

I've always said if I ever got any gear for free, I would want to share it with you guys. I'm hoping to start the first sufu EDC passaround/US tour. There will be another one after this, hopefully a flashlight (with cooperation from XXXL, details are in progress).

The premise of this one is simple: I send out the Sharbo X, some refills and a pocket-sized moleskine (volant mini or the next biggest one) and send it from the west coast to the east coast and back, covering trustworthy EDC regulars in between. People carry the combo for about a week and try their best to jot down cool messages, notes, pictures etc that reflect their lifestyle. I'll want maybe 5-7 people in on this, preferably geographically spread apart. who participates can be nominated (self nominated or otherwise) but i have the final say, so if we're homies then you have a better chance, lah.

the goal of this project is to stimulate the thread and allow more discussion and content on an otherwise hard to access/afford piece of gear. it should also be fun and interesting… at the end of the project I will document wear on the book and on the pen, then show the contents of the notebook.

the pen is literally like plusrep green so i thought it'd be a cool way to rep sufu edc.

thoughts?

edit: @pomp: it got scratched from my jawn rivets. its in backpack carry now. i figured the first scratches will be the wabi sabi baptism anyway, it's up to the rest of you guys to put it to work.

i have that model and the regular black one with the tooth pick and tweezers. the OD scales are real nice. only problem i have with it is the liner lock, which seems to be for lefties.

and, victorinox hole punch/awl works great. added a hole in my IH belt with ease.

the goal of this project is to stimulate the thread and allow more discussion and content on an otherwise hard to access/afford piece of gear. it should also be fun and interesting… at the end of the project I will document wear on the book and on the pen, then show the contents of the notebook.

EDC tour?! This sounds awesome. :cool:

Hello,

Does anyone have any experience with the Nitecore D10 SP? Is this a good buy? I like it because of the 'button' on the back, making it more preferable than some of the others. However, when I spent some time going through the pages I didn't see a lot of them. Is there a reason for this?

Thanks,

Ryan

The D10 is a really good light -- it's a favorite amongst CPFers as far as singel cell AA goes. It's pretty much infinitely customizable yet at the same time looks very simple (the actual construction with the piston drive and the UI in it are very powerful tho).

I say go for it -- but you may or may not like the piston drive because it doesn't have any audible feedback.

Be sure to check out the TRIBUTE edition, it has a milled out piston for you to insert a tritium vial and comes with a pocket clip:

http://www.batteryjunction.com/nitecore-tribute-d10.html

the only issue that comes to mind is reliability, I believe 4sevens stopped carrying nitecore because of alleged failures… but from what i read, the happy customers outweigh the angry ones, and the angry ones are just the most vocal about it.

Not sure if you're looking for us to chime in about the sharbo tour here or not but, I'm down for it

i was kinda thinking of keeping it to the US only, but that's just a precaution because i'm noob at how shipping stuff internationally works. and now that summer is approaching i don't mind if it doesn't come back my way for a while, but if that's the case i might need to source a bigger notebook for this, unless anyone wants to contribute that portion of the tour.

it really depends on what you're used to and how big your hands are. i believe the LT3 is the "lite" or "lady" version of the pen or something. it's way slimmer.

for some more perspective,

kenthenoob has pretty big hands and he originally showed me the LT3 that he got. he said he didnt carry it because it was 'too nice' but also too small for him. with that in mind i got the st3... but now that I have the LT3 i like it more, and after seeing my ST3 kenthenoob just ordered one for himself.

if you have small hands or want something more minimal looking, get the LT3. if you won't clip carry, the LT3's finish is much nicer than the ST3 but will only hold up better deep in your pocket or in a bag.

the ST3 has more heft to if if you like that, but not by much, i feel it's just more nose-heavy.

ok im gonna take a break from these rapid fire replies

i was kinda thinking of keeping it to the US only, but that's just a precaution because i'm noob at how shipping stuff internationally works. and now that summer is approaching i don't mind if it doesn't come back my way for a while, but if that's the case i might need to source a bigger notebook for this, unless anyone wants to contribute that portion of the tour.

I have an extra standard size (? at least the one everyone posts with their edc) moleskine I was going to give to a friend but dont see him anymore so would be glad to contribute it to the tour, just need to move a couple things in my room around to find it.

Hello,

Does anyone have any experience with the Nitecore D10 SP? Is this a good buy? I like it because of the 'button' on the back, making it more preferable than some of the others. However, when I spent some time going through the pages I didn't see a lot of them. Is there a reason for this?

Thanks,

Ryan

i owned the ex10 which is basically the cr123 version of the d10. i was not a fan of the piston drive and sold it to a friend.