edc [everyday carry] shaved my wife

branespload

Came home to my quark mini, and to be honest I think I still prefer my Surefire backup. The overall construction on the SF seems a lot more solid and just fits into my hand a lot better. I also prefer the button to twist, it just seems like it takes too long to get to the highest lumen. Im also not feelin the weight, I imagined it to be a lot heavier. Although the Quark does fit into my coin pocket with room to spare. I'm hoping that it will grow on me and learn to love it. Until then the next time I get some cash I'll try something a little bigger with button activation.

4277744377_1fa9dc8c8d_o.jpg

4277744251_30b179a580_o.jpg

My Country Comm embassy pen also came in today. So dope! Solid Heavy American construction! Now only if they made a retractable!

4278491360_84c3722fc8.jpg

hahaha. so that's the knife you were telling me about, sonny? i think i'll need to pick one up.

*edit* aw, the tanilla isn't auto both ways :(

and yes, ryan, here's my microtech:

qLG0mraZ40A

i have the utx70 too, but i like the tantilla better right now. stronger lock up and feels more substantial in the hand.

here are a few lights that some have been edc-ing for about 5-10 years

4280548314_d6d25c2c2e_b.jpg

surefire l2 digital lumamax

inova aa, can't remember the model #

arc aaa, i love this little guy and was sad to see arc go down

arc 4+, for those of you that remember this light, it was a game changer. small bright programmable, tactical lights were never the same

nitecore ex10 r2, just got this from ken and am really loving it so far.

that arc 4+ looks way dope, sonny.

i'm glad you're enjoying the ex10r2

Damn, that onslaught blows the dejavoo out of the water

Is that a new design? or an old collectible? Cause I doubt Bob Lum is still able to design anything for benchmade... being dead and all..

it seems they're new since they're only available for pre-order right now. maybe bob lum gave benchmade rights to use his designs? i don't know... but my jaw dropped when i saw it. sooo sweet. it's on my list for sure. but the blade is like 4.16" which is way big for my edc.

omg must learn how to write like your sister..

You guys go to UCI by any chance?

Also btw I've been on a winter retreat up in the mountains with a club I'm in. Quark moonmode to navigate through rooms of ppl sleeping on the floor is really useful. 0.3 lumens is enough to navigate and look thru a bag but not bright enough to wake anyone.

Outside, medium mode is all you really need to navigate a path in pitch black. Turbo is fun though.. Exhaling and then illuminating the breath haha

I just got a couple deliveries this week, a replacement skeletool for the one whose pocket/belt clip broke, causing it to drop off, and a small flashlight!

DSC_0431.JPG

I was torn between a Nitecore EZ AA and a Quark MiNi AA. In the end, I decided to get the Quark and I really like it (and it's really small!), although now I'm starting to think that it might be too small and I might want a clicker instead any recs? Since I keep my keys on the skeletool on the right side, now I use the key ring hook I made, for the flashlight on the left side back pocket

It's either #5 or 6 annealed copper bonsai wire that I had in my shed from when I more into bonsai, now I use it to make keyhooks and little trinkets.

If anyone is interested hit me up and I'll make you one for small fee ;)