edc [everyday carry] shaved my wife

branespload

Recently picked up a spyderco ladybug.

4269863563_385f7da45f.jpg

4270609410_bb9aba7bb4.jpg

Thoughts:

Alot of people comment on how small it is, in fact TOO small. but for my purposes its a good size. FWIW, it fits comfortably in the coin pocket of jeans, or in my case, the coin pocket on UVCs. (I have more than a couple of pairs that I wear frequently for work) I guess some people actually put it on their key chain, I'm not sure I would want to do that myself

I found the blade to adequately sharp for what I've used it for already ie, letter, package opening removing tags, etc. Thumbhole is nice, but I think I mightve preferred a stud, but the way the blade is shaped around the hole helps facilitate a good grip, if that makes sense.

Overall pretty satisfied with it.

agree, this thread should be renamed "Buy Stupid Shit Just Incase You Need It"!!!

this threak is just feeding into my already growing, the world is going to end and i need a flint and a peanut lighter to make fire and a knife to hunt and eat squirrels and rats....and better have my bug out bag ready........grrrrrrrr!

seriously... I had these issues with being prepared (for most likely nothing at all) before, but now I check this shit like I'm missing something. Or need a different size knife or spare butane or something...

I carry a book of matches for that (and two zippos)

Although you could use one of those "water-tight" capsules and fill that up with some zippo fluid or buy a peanut lighter that you use only as a spare when your zippo is out

Recently picked up a spyderco ladybug.

Thoughts:

Alot of people comment on how small it is, in fact TOO small. but for my purposes its a good size. FWIW, it fits comfortably in the coin pocket of jeans, or in my case, the coin pocket on UVCs. (I have more than a couple of pairs that I wear frequently for work) I guess some people actually put it on their key chain, I'm not sure I would want to do that myself

I found the blade to adequately sharp for what I've used it for already ie, letter, package opening removing tags, etc. Thumbhole is nice, but I think I mightve preferred a stud, but the way the blade is shaped around the hole helps facilitate a good grip, if that makes sense.

Overall pretty satisfied with it.

i had a ladybug once. it was too small for me because i have size L-XL hands. it does make a good keychain knife.... i don't think a thumb stud would be as good as the spydie hole though...

IMG_6282.JPG

SYK: i'd probably carry a water-tight peanut lighter as a backup. my split pea dried out on me only after at least a month or maybe two, and that's with me playing with it a lot (i don't smoke). i'm sure that'll last a lot longer than a zippo under daily use.

as far as thumbstud vs spyderhole, if you're having trouble deploying.. try using your thumb nail to deploy and have the hole kinda cut into your nail as opposed to using the pad of your thumb to push it out. i get better deployment that way

is the ladybug too small to deploy with a spideydrop?

i find that is the easiest way to deploy the dragonfly since its small size makes one handed deployment using the thumb and spideyhole something of a matter of concentration and focus.

still tempted by a ladybug salt (serrated maybe)

but i ought not

is the ladybug too small to deploy with a spideydrop?

i find that is the easiest way to deploy the dragonfly since its small size makes one handed deployment using the thumb and spideyhole something of a matter of concentration and focus.

still tempted by a ladybug salt (serrated maybe)

but i ought not

Whoa! I can't believe it's taken me this long to find this thread. I also can't believe I just spent three hours reading through it! Amazing stuff & info on here, guys!

Here's my small EDC contribution...

On my person, I usually have one of the three knives below, plus the rest:

pocketcarry.jpg

I'll always have these in my bag, plus a mini NY lock & repair kit if I'm on the bike:

leatherman1.jpg

Subscribed! :)

Whoa! I can't believe it's taken me this long to find this thread. I also can't believe I just spent three hours reading through it! Amazing stuff & info on here, guys!

Here's my small EDC contribution...

On my person, I usually have one of the three knives below, plus the rest:

pocketcarry.jpg

I'll always have these in my bag, plus a mini NY lock & repair kit if I'm on the bike:

leatherman1.jpg

Subscribed! :)

ahh yes wild swans, i knew the shape looked familiar

if u get a chance to take a pic of the inside it would be appreicated, if not no worries

+rep

nvm i'm guessing its the same as this one?

http://store.shopping.yahoo.co.jp/hinoya-ameyoko/br01723.html

ahh yes wild swans, i knew the shape looked familiar

if u get a chance to take a pic of the inside it would be appreicated, if not no worries

+rep

nvm i'm guessing its the same as this one?

http://store.shopping.yahoo.co.jp/hinoya-ameyoko/br01723.html

Thanks man. It has three slots total: two slim ones that can hold 2-3 cards each, and a wide one that easily holds 6-7 cards. Very happy with it...

wildswans1.jpg

wildswans2.jpg

I bought it at Hinoya. They will ship internationally - check out through the Rakuten system, and they will send you an email requesting a Paypal payment.

Cheers!

Edit: beat me to it!

Thanks man. It has three slots total: two slim ones that can hold 2-3 cards each, and a wide one that easily holds 6-7 cards. Very happy with it...

wildswans1.jpg

wildswans2.jpg

I bought it at Hinoya. They will ship internationally - check out through the Rakuten system, and they will send you an email requesting a Paypal payment.

Cheers!

Edit: beat me to it!