edc [everyday carry] shaved my wife

branespload

a buddy of mine just showed me his surefire E1e executive elite flashlight. he found it on a bike trail a year ago. it's pretty sweet, but the light is really weak. the battery is a SF123A 3 volt. what battery should i recommend for him?

SF123a 3volt is just a Surefire rebrand of a Panasonic CR123a. Any CR123a will work if it's 3.0V, but Surefire batteries are considered to be some of the best primaries anyway. Maybe just find him some new ones?

and sonny, nice to see you back in here. The P1 with an impact bezel is rly cute... The P1 is so small though, an impact bezel on a light that size seems kinda.. eh?

and the dodo is a cool looking knife~

OMFG..

4sevens Quark Mini123 in neutral white TITANIUM $69

http://chows.smugmug.com/photos/753884945_78ned-L.jpg

EDIT:

what the fck 20 minutes later I'm $70 poorer

omg i just pulled a lightbeast

now i know how you atwood freaks feel

:[

instacopped that myself, can't wait for it to arrive...

byebye maglite solitaire :D

where do you all keep your iphone anyway? it wont fit in any of my pockets except my back pocket (where i usually keep my phones) but i dont want to sit on it every day..

i sit on mine, and it's been fine. had it since like two weeks after the 3g first came out... so like a year and a half now?

how thick is your iphone case that an iphone won't fit into your front pocket?

front left for me

sometimes pants are too tight... or pockets aren't cut generously enough. At least that's the case for me. I don't have an iphone, but I do have a qwerty phone that I carry around in my hoodie pocket (I'm almost always wearing a hoodie, except for summer :o)

edit: pictorial review of 4Sevens Quark 123 forthcoming...

^^ my guess is as good as yours... however that one dude's comment about residue from the inside of the container rubbing off on his pills is kinda unnerving. I wish it weren't so difficult to find stuff made in the USA of non-toxic materials... :(

on an unrelated note, I *really* want one of these. Maxpedition's Fat Boy bag.

0403k2035detail.jpg

Although I doubt I'd use it too often, and my friends would make fun of me. I already catch enough shit about spending my money on Japanese pens and carrying around a flashlight. I presume you guys have had similar experiences? In any case, it would be useful as a bug-out bag, walking around on vacation (ideally summertime Tokyo,) or just for hiking in the woods, and at $70 it's within my range of consideration...

Any recommendations for a pill fob?

Or are these bitches from Amazon decent enough?

http://www.amazon.com/6pc-Small-Size-MEDICAL-ALERT/dp/B001167V9U/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1262505028&sr=1-2-spell

Been tryin different foods/places with my lady, and I dont feel like haveing allergies.

Be aware Stunt, I have those and they are small as shit! I'm talking like two baby Tylenol and tha'ts it, they're pretty much useless except for maybe a rolled up bill. try and find ones a little bigger or roll down to your local pharmacy and see what they have in stock, you might be surprised like I was.:D

Be aware Stunt, I have those and they are small as shit! I'm talking like two baby Tylenol and tha'ts it, they're pretty much useless except for maybe a rolled up bill. try and find ones a little bigger or roll down to your local pharmacy and see what they have in stock, you might be surprised like I was.:D

Well, I'd only use em for benadryl, which are small as shit. Would only need like the few emergency pills.

Any worry about the inside coating rubbing onto the pills?

But I will double check some pharmacys.

on an unrelated note, I *really* want one of these. Maxpedition's Fat Boy bag.

i have had one of these for a few years. it makes a really good camera bag for a small dlsr. i can fit my d40 and either extra lenses or my cullmann 50011 tripod in the main pocket.

the ballistic nylon belt clip on the rear can make a mess of clothing, and is only there to make a decent platform for drawing a concealed weapon.

Any recommendations for a pill fob?

Or are these bitches from Amazon decent enough?

http://www.amazon.com/6pc-Small-Size-MEDICAL-ALERT/dp/B001167V9U/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1262505028&sr=1-2-spell

Been tryin different foods/places with my lady, and I dont feel like haveing allergies.

try looking around http://goinggear.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=2

Does anyone know if a bag dump post exists? I searched and can't seem to find one.

I think I might start a new post for bag dumps as the EDC is more of whats on your person.

See first post threads of interest...

I should also clarify that bag dumps are totally welcome here. EDC in this context is not meant to be taken literally -- but rather a philosophy of preparedness. In this way, bag dumps / bug out bags etc are also welcome, not only what is carried in your pockets. :)

I've modified the OP to accomodate demand for discussing bag carry or bag preparedness such as BOBs (sorry vamp). and Citizen, check out the first link under threads of interest. Thanks

Every Day Carry, or EDC, generally refers to small items or gadgets worn, carried, or made available in pockets, holsters, or bags*on a daily basis to manage common tasks or for use in unexpected situations or emergencies.

EDIT [01.03.10]: Revised introduction to allow the discussion and inclusion of equipment carried outside of the pockets such as bags, as well as bags used only in emergencies such as bail out/bug out bags, etc.

superfuture® Threads of Interest

What do you pack on a daily basis? in your bag, pockets, etc.

For shoulder bags, you could also check out 5.11 Tactical. Their Push Pack looks similar, and is only $50

KR-5-56037-3.jpg

I got a 5.11 Tactical "Rush 24" backpack this spring and the thing is insanely durable. It's really heavy, but it carries everything and has plenty of pockets for edc stuff. Plus, I haven't had the need to Scotchgaurd it yet because it's very water resistant. 5.11 makes great packs--good construction, good components (heavy duty ykk zippers, etc.)

not my pic

spd_2009061675735_b.jpg

IMG_1318-1.jpg?t=1262559884Excuse the grainy picture. This is what I carry in my "murse." I am trying to learn to meditate and yes I am a Dummie so....

Iphone 3GS

60G Ipod for the long trips so I don't kill my Iphone battery

Charger and camera cord

Burton Leather gloves for the crazy Chicago winters

Keys

Shure Headphones

Uniqlo Headtech shirt (just in case)

Polo Scarf

Random Black Beanie

Stussy Pen and another random pen

Sketch book and either Meditation book, Count of Monte Cristo, Freekanomics or Catcher in the Rye(reading some classics)

1G Thumbdrive

Supreme Mountain Bag or Wtaps X Porter DELTA bag

NO VIS-Tanner Goods Card holder and Canon SD990IS

MIght post up my backpack for when I go to school....alot more goodies in there

I could really use a good knife and flashlight when i trudge through this awesome winter at 11pm coming home from school...

^ i don't think the mods will do any thread merging. i intended for this thread to stand apart from the other threads of interest because they are mainly "Show and Tell" threads, whereas this is more of a discussion/exchange of ideas. For that reason I left those older "show and tell threads" as just examples compiled in the introduction of this thread to give people an idea. This thread aims to go beyond that.

With that said, please, share your bag dump :)