edc [everyday carry] shaved my wife

branespload

Just got the Benchmade Mini Griptilian BM556SBKOD for $83 shipped.

Black coated blade and olive drab handle. Psyched on it.

Nice buy, I just got my Mini Grip today and am about to do a pocket dump in a few minutes =X. I really wanted the black coated blade and OD handle, but the only one's I could find that are available all have partially serrated blades. I wanted fully plain edge one in that colorway.

After lurking these forums for about a month, I finally get pulled into this EDC thread and am instantly hooked. I started out with just my carabiner, cellphone, chapstick, wallet, and sometimes a pen... but now I'm here with a few more stuff.

I'll start with a fit pic and maybe include some things I use these items for.

edcfront.jpg

edcback.jpg

edcleftpockets.jpg

Front left pocket has:

-Sanford uni-ball micro pen

-Lamy Safari fountain pentm

-Benchmade Mini Griptilian

Back left pocket has:

-Surefire E2D LED Defender

edcrightpockets.jpg

Front right pocket has:

-HTC Fuze

-Carmex chapstick

Right side belt loop:

-House of Commons Carabiner with my house key, dorm key, car key, bike lock key, and student ID

Rear right pocket:

-Tanner Goods wallet

After about almost 2 weeks of having the SF flashlight, I've used it quite a lot from helping a friend's dad see the back of a TV to rewire some stuff to lighting up a bathroom cause the light wouldn't turn on and I had to piss real bad (just happened today).

Main reason I got the Benchmade was after having my carabiner for about 9 months, the blade has gone to shit and would start tearing instead of making nice cuts (it is a cheap blade, so was expected sooner or later) and after seeing all these sexy knives here, I finally decided to get a good affordable knife and just got this in the mail today.

The carabiner's screwdriver sucks cause of how it's too thick for most screws, but the flathead is fine except it's sort of hard to tighten/loosen things cause of the awkward carabiner shape/angle it's in. The knife was pretty sharp for the first few months, but it like exponentially got worse.

Oooh... and after getting paracord with a few friends a day ago and not having my knife yet to make a lanyard for it, my girlfriend and I decided to make bracelets lol. It's about 8-9 feet of paracord, so we thought it's pretty cool. I don't think I'd be wearing it much, but it is cool to know I made it myself haha. If I don't use it, I just hang it on my carabiner.

Here's a how to we used:

http://www.raems.com/550_cord_bracelet.pdf

And here's a how to video for the monkeyfist and noose lanyard for the knife (I didn't use a ball bearing inside mine though):

http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-tie-a-monkey_s-fist/step1/The-device/

I thought the Lamy would've been a replacement for the Sanford pen, but after realizing that the ink washes off paper (but still readable, ink goes from black to blue and is faded a bit) I decided that I'd just use the Lamy for notes in class and the Sanford for signing more important things. And ugh... today I couldn't write on a USPS envelope with the Lamy caue it would just smudge off, so the Sanford came to the rescue.

Hopefully I'll continue to contribute to this thread and hopefully other threads too. Fuck that was a long post. Almost New Years now...

Here's what I had in my pockets as the ball dropped, entering 2010:

17044_398263235113_785270113_10321561_6795512_n.jpg

Flashlight (4sevens Quark Ti 123) for a brighter 2010

Phone (iPhone 3GS) for new friends in 2010

$$$, for a prosperous 2010

Pen, for a productive 2010.

/superstitiousazn

Happy New Year, EDC threak!

First like to say thanks for the pos reps! Haha, nice welcome here.

And damn, yeah I really figured that $80+ was a bit too much. But whatever now. Yeah back on topic...

The Surefire is doing me real good right now. It just has a high and low, 200 & 10 lumens. But I'm using 3.7V rechargeable, so I'm getting a bit more kick out of it and kept the stock batteries as back up in my car's console. Yeah it only has two settings, but the setting I mainly use is just high so the two settings are fine for me.

And as far as brand, first I was about to go with 4sevens cause Justin showed me the site and those prices were really nice to look at. But then when I ran it through my friend's boy friend who's a LEO, he kept telling me how he would back Surefire with his life sort of thing. So that pushed me closer towards that side of the fence. Another was how the quality in SF is. I've read stories from someone forgetting it in his pocket when he let it go through washing + dryer machines it was still working like they first got it to stories where they get blown up from IEDs and still work with just scratches on the body. Yeah the IED could be extreme, but damn it could take a serious beating. And that's what a lot of my things go through. My phone has been dropped many many many times along with my camera, so knowing my light won't die on me if I drop it is a nice thing. And for $132 shipped (eBay), I didn't think it was a deal I could've passed at the time since SF was taxing me and charging S&H with their $150 MSRP.

Another sell for me is how it's not tiny cause I easily lose small things. And only other thing I can think of to explain this weird OCD I have is how I'd rather have my wallet be full when it's in my pocket than empty (not money wise, but just knowing it's there sort of thing--idk how to explain it really), but it goes the same with the light.

I was about to go with the full sized Griptilian, but the only thing that was holding me back was knife laws. I'd rather just play it safe incase I would ever have to use it, or end up talking to a LEO that it's nothing out of the ordinary sort of thing.

Oh... and being in Stockton for school isn't a nice thing either haha. There was a mugging at a local Taco Bell last year. Another mugging down a few blocks from campus. (that was the Spring '09 semester).

The Fall '09 semester was a little worse iirc. There were about 3 or 4 muggings and some dude ran into our campus cause he was trying to ditch the cops.

Wtf...this is at UOP, but yeah. I also bike a lot around the area so if I'm ever out anywhere, it's nice to know I'd have something incase I'd have to use it. Even though I know the best thing to do if I were to be approached with a gun would just to give everything, but if someone is coming at me from far away or something or trying to get my attention to come over there, I'd probably instantly get my hands on the light first to stun them if needed lol. Using the knife as last resort since it's only a 3" blade and I have no knife combat experience lol.

Damn.. I get lengthy in my posts. Weird habit I have in forums in general. But hopefully this helps others too.

@dijonnaise good shit, man. love that zippo. is that the dragonfly?
Thanks dude. The knife is the ss ladybug, much smaller than the dragonfly i believe. Bought it to put on my keychain, but ended up a lil too big for my tastes so I just put it in my pocket with a lanyard on it to make sure it doesn't slip out.

Sweet knife still, good for when you want to make sure you won't get any trouble for carrying a blade.

http://www.thebladeshop.com/Benchmade_Mini_Griptilian_BM556SBKOD_p/bm556sbkod.htm

it was $77 before the $6 shipping

handled one in the Victorinox store in some random mall and needed to buy it immediately haha, shit was $105 in the store, so either way I saved myself $21.

from here?

http://www.knifeworks.com/benchmademinigriptilianmdpodhandlecomboedgebk1bladecoating.aspx

they have a 25% off coupon so itll be 70 before shipping.

dont know how much shipping is..

OMFG..

4sevens Quark Mini123 in neutral white TITANIUM $69

753884945_78ned-L.jpg

EDIT:

what the fck 20 minutes later I'm $70 poorer

omg i just pulled a lightbeast

now i know how you atwood freaks feel

:[

Here's what I had in my pockets as the ball dropped, entering 2010:

17044_398263235113_785270113_10321561_6795512_n.jpg

Flashlight (4sevens Quark Ti 123) for a brighter 2010

Happy New Year, EDC threak!

How'd you get that light so fast????

the one pictured in my pocket dump is a regular quark, the limited edition titanium one that came out this summer

the one i just ordered is a quark mini, kind of like its little brother.. its a twisty light with a neutral white emitter for better tint, etc.

My pops is interested in a benchmade infidel. I see some for relatively decent prices at knife stores on the web (sub 300), but I thought you had to be military/police to buy. The ones at knife stores online legit?

Still hunting for a fucking wallet too. I feel like a bum stuffing all my shit in a passport, but it does make for good conversation when you have to whip it out for every transaction in a day. I'm really looking for something close to the APC x Porter wallets that came out a few years ago. Relatively slim, no velcro, snaps, coin purse, rein loop. Hobo ones on oki-ni were close, but sold out now and ridiculously high priced. Any suggestions?

My pops is interested in a benchmade infidel. I see some for relatively decent prices at knife stores on the web (sub 300), but I thought you had to be military/police to buy. The ones at knife stores online legit?

Still hunting for a fucking wallet too. I feel like a bum stuffing all my shit in a passport, but it does make for good conversation when you have to whip it out for every transaction in a day. I'm really looking for something close to the APC x Porter wallets that came out a few years ago. Relatively slim, no velcro, snaps, coin purse, rein loop. Hobo ones on oki-ni were close, but sold out now and ridiculously high priced. Any suggestions?

Yeah, I'm still trying to figure out a new wallet. I don't know whether to get an Urban Wallet only have the guy sew on an extra D-ring to clip a lanyard/paracord strap so no one steals it, or just spend too much money on a Porter wallet like this one

image.php?id=40

Yeah, online knife stores are typically legit. Just run it through here if you're second guessing yourself. Some/maybe most automatic knives can only be sent to law enforcement officers. The sites usually tell you though with the description of the knife.

IMG_0522.JPG

Letherman Wave

Maglite

Puffer

Ipod Classic 80gig (full)

Royal Navy Jackknife (my granfathers knife from World War 2 circa 1939 and my most prized possession)

Hill-Side Bandanna/Handkerchief

Billykirk Wallet

Photo of one of my grandfather on his boat WW2

Iphone 3gs

Keys w/ bottle opener skeleton key

Etymotic Ear Plugs

Nixon Watch

Blistex

Etymotic Ear Buds (not pictured)

Canon G10 (Had to take the picture with something)

Add to this my vespa keys, helmet, spidi gloves and a few other things during the warmer months.

IMG_0524.JPG

IMG_0525.JPG

http://www.riteintherain.com/ItemForm.aspx?item=98&Category=a2abe046-e9e6-43b6-98e1-a70ba46a49b4

is pretty cool for a tactical pen, like the ring built into the cap.

Thanks for input on the knife, my dads an ex-cop anyway so I don't think it would even be an issue all things considered.

I need a decent tactical pen too for that matter. Any recommendations?

I have the S&W one and it's well worth the 20-30 bucks you'll spend on it. Benchmade makes an awesome one but it costs a ton.

-2644.jpg

welcome to the thread kiya. details on the knife? wallet?

Wallet is an old Dior Homme one from about 5 years ago, i'm holding out for the new WC wallet which i've been waiting for over a year now for..

Knife is a Warren Thomas Titanium, Sonny gave it to me as a xmas gift.

Specs on the knife: http://www.tadgear.com/shop.php?id=473