Food You Didn't Like As a Kid But Now You Like

DüM

After seeing a lamb get killed in my aunt garage when I was like 9-- was off of them until like 2004? Now I love lamb.

Used to hate all food when I was younger, fam used to beg me to eat! Lol

now I only hate raw onions, liver, rly rly hot peppers, corn beef, roast beef, certain beans, corn sometimes, watermelon, olives, eggplant, peas sometimes, mussels....I guess I have lots of hates =/

foul.jpg

Wara%20Enab.jpg

LentilSoup.jpg

now i love all 3

other then that, my tastes have become more tolerable of foods.....example - when i was a kid, if i wanted peppers in my food (in a salad, pasta sauce, etc), i would have to dice them really small. now i can bite into any bell pepper like an apple. Same with olives.

After seeing a lamb get killed in my aunt garage when I was like 9-- was off of them until like 2004? Now I love lamb.

Used to hate all food when I was younger, fam used to beg me to eat! Lol

now I only hate raw onions, liver, rly rly hot peppers, corn beef, roast beef, certain beans, corn sometimes, watermelon, olives, eggplant, peas sometimes, mussels....I guess I have lots of hates =/

Sorry Julz, but we could never date.

How can you hate baba ganoush, greek salad (w/ olives), pico de gallo (with raw onions), and watermelon?! :(

think when you experience living on your own for the 1st time (aka no money --> starve), you gain a greater appreciation of all things edible.

for me, brussels sprouts & avocado

i'm an old(er) fucker, so now I'm finding myself turning away from anything too sweet or greasy. cookies & fried chicken are falling out of scope.

Sorry Julz, but we could never date.

How can you hate baba ganoush, greek salad (w/ olives), pico de gallo (with raw onions), and watermelon?! :(

I do hate baba ganoush! Greek salad I get without the olives cause I love feta cheese! I've had pico de gallo and if the onions are mixed with something else I can deal with it, raw onion slices just won't be on my burgers. And yes, I rly don't like watermelon--and bananas! I hate bananas more than watermelons...

But, I will try anything once. I've eaten ox tail, lamb tongue and brain and I love to suck the marrow out of beef/lamb bones! :)

and brain and I love to suck the marrow out of beef/lamb bones! :)

fei fo fum fiend...... u sound like some Fairy-tale monster. lol

i'm one stupid freakin picky eater, i like everything plain and no body

wants to give it to me that way. i observe the basic foodgroups alright:

Apple, other fruits, water, meat, pizza/Pussy, and Chips.

I was obsessed with liking whatever the grown ups ate when I was little. Hence I tried and liked everything.

I was eating caviar, headcheese, escargot, various offal etc. at age 3-4. The only thing I remember not liking was olives, which I now love.

My sister ate nothing except carbs and "pink fish" (salmon).

She now eats nothing but carbs.

Go figure.

• 1 year later...
Tomatos already been mentioned.

As a kid I HATED guacamole. Now I would put it on anything, and/or eat it by itself.

I have a hispanic friend who's just like you. He once put guacamole on cookies and ice cream to prove that point.

yeah

used to HATE avocado/guac

fuckin awesome with everything now

rice crackers

salads

pasta

I was a crazy picky kid.

Steak-- As a child my mom insisted all steak served to me be cooked 'VERY WELL DONE' which to most people means slightly charred, with a grey center. NO NO NO, she sent that shit back if it wasn't BURNT, i mean BURNT. Of course, once I reached the age where I could eat Medium, Medium Rare loved steak.

Avocado- I to this day am very much a texture person. I have a pretty difficult time with avocado that is too ripe. And if I eat guacamole it has to be very cold. Won't eat it on Mexican food if it is mixed in.

Spinach- I eat a bowl of raw spinach with a little oil and vinegar all the time now, but as a kid I was forced to eat creamed spinach at my Grandma's house. That shit is nasty, refuse to even try cooked spinach.

Lasagna - Ricotta looks like an STD to me, I eat it now if I am served it. I enjoy it, but try not to think about the ricotta.

ChickPeas/Hummus[/b ] - Someone served me unshelled chickpeas once, almost died I choked so bad. I eat the hell out of some hummus and pita though.

Any Cheese that wasn't yellow

Macaroni that didn't come from a box

Oatmeal

Eggs

Waffles/Pancakes

Cake with Frosting

Raisins -- they looked like scabs. My mom packed them in my lunch till 3rd grade when she saw me throw them away. I'd been throwing them away since kindergarten.

Doritos

foods i liked then, but hate now

bologna

peanut butter and jelly sandwiches

fig newtons

ramen noodles

sour candy

raw tomatos

onions (looove now)

lettuce

peas (still kinda love-hate)

raisins (still dont like them by themselves)

cilantro (working on this one)

mushrooms.. still don't really care for them. fine if they're mixed in with something else or on pizza. but texture by themselves...eventually...

I still am a kid, and have always hated tomatoes, all my life... It is like so fucking nasty, the taste, texture. I will have them if they are in burritos though, only exception.

Few more things is plain (meaning like nothing in it), I used to hate guacamole up until recently. I have a lot more but those are/were my biggest hates.