iPhone case thread

imightbechad

I don't understand the whole "lets pair a high tech advice with low tech accessories" thing.. I don't case my iPhone, I keep it in my pocket or headporter fannypack.. i welcome any scratches or dings.. wabi sabi!

edit: in hindsight, this was a dumb post. sorry.

co-sign on the incase ones, plus they make that armor shield stuff. The video is pretty cool where they put the blackberry in the blender with it on and it barely gets affected.

Picking one of these up Friday (!) and I want to get a nice case for it.

However, I'm averse to all the tech-y stuff stocked in the apple stores...I'd prefer nice leather or something more unique.

These are what I've found so far...any ideas otherwise?

ipod1.jpg

I have this case. Got it from Jake. I don't make a lot of calls with mine (mostly just text & Internet access) so it's pretty practical. I like it a lot.

I just made this post from my iPhone while it's in that case.

I don't understand the whole "lets pair a high tech advice with low tech accessories" thing.. I don't case my iPhone, I keep it in my pocket or headporter fannypack.. i welcome any scratches or dings.. wabi sabi!

edit: in hindsight, this was a dumb post. sorry.

No I'm the same. I figure at the end of the day it's just a phone. With my luck when I'm trying to keep something in good condition it usually gets fucked up. My 8G has "aged" nicely with scratches and a few dings.

Make sure you get the clear plastic screen protector. It WORKS. Have dropped mine from crazzy heights no damage to screen. Friends without it have dropped from pocket level, and have shattered their screens.

But back on topic, the leather case is nice if your not constantly going to be taking it in and out, otherwise buy a cheap incase they protect pretty well.

do you think that all these cases will work just the same? or are they going to have to change them for the new model? kinda new model, um... you know. its demensions are different. so, does it make sense that it would be different, no?

I use http://www.goincase.com/products/detail/protective-cover-cl56138/1 for my iTouch. Its simple and keeps the back protected, and also since it wraps around the front, it keeps the front protected as well (like if you want to put it face down on something, the screen wont touch it). I also have an Invisible Shield on my screen, its crazy strong and the touch stuff still works perfectly.

• 2 months later...
i dont have an iphone, but i like invisible shield for my phone. it prevents scratches effectively and adds no bulk to the phone

http://www.zagg.com/invisibleshield/apple-iphone-3g-cases-screen-protectors-covers-skins-shields.php

http://www.zagg.com/

i use the invisible shield for my ipod, phone, and macbook. Very happy with it.

how well does this stick? i wonder how long it would take for it to peel off on its own...

Damn man, that wood case looks nice. I can't find any reviews as far as how it actually fits though. Seems kind of ridiculous to spend more than half of what the phone costs on a case for it but what's a c-note these days anyway? It's like bar tab or 1.5 tanks of gas. Yeah, I'm rationalizing 'cause I want this joint.

how well does this stick? i wonder how long it would take for it to peel off on its own...

I use invisible shield for my iphone as well. It should last longer than the phone if you apply it correctly.

The corners of the phone are quite a bitch to apply though. I spent an hour doing all 4 corners.

i just got the zagg invisible shield installed on my phone. it gives the phone better grip so hopefully i won't be dropping it. i fully recommend that you get it installed at the shop instead of trying to do it yourself. they did a perfect job, and from what i've read, doing it by yourself is nearly impossible on these things.

where is said shop?

do apple stores sell these?