Hickory Stripes AKA Enginner/Railroad Denim

wing_nutone

I have seen a lot of hickory stripe workwear, mostly be Lee and Can't Bust Em, but can recall very few if any pants - it's mostly bib overalls and Koveralls. Lee/Edwin have done some hickory stripe reissues, but no pants to my knowledge. Otherwise it's whether you're lucky enough to find a vintage item.

On the bright side, hickory stripe vintage often seems cheaper than denim....

• 6 years later...

could be a nice thread! I think workers have done hickory pants in the past, in fact there's a stripey pair on their site now

anyone know the definition of wabash, as opposed to hickory? am I right in thinking it's printed rather than woven?

finally (ahem) bias cut English mattress ticking trews have a similar sort of dna....

Edited by rodeo bill

RRL and Polo Ralph Lauren have some great pants in this style. There's a painters striped pant this season that was sold briefly at Bloomingdale's for $ 225. RL does a lot of clothes using this material.

Oh, and don't forget Stronghold in LA. Great hickory striped jeans and chore coats..

Edited by srgprod

could be a nice thread! I think workers have done hickory pants in the past, in fact there's a stripey pair on their site now

anyone know the definition of wabash, as opposed to hickory? am I right in thinking it's printed rather than woven?

finally (ahem) bias cut English mattress ticking trews have a similar sort of dna....

As far as I know wabash is a discharge print.