10 cities with the most stylish people.

tomintoronto

hello everyone!

Writing a article about different cities and their approach to style. Would like to ask the wonderful and well travelled members here what their top 10 cities with the most stylish citizens are?

mine would be the following (no particular order so far):

New York

Miami

Rio de Janeiro (even though most are in swimsuits)

Sao Paulo

Buenos Aires

Paris

Budapest (the most beautiful women I think)

Ljubljana

Milan

Rome

cheers to all!

Tom in Toronto

hello everyone! love this site, lots of useful information and fun to read. Now live in Toronto but have also lived in Montreal, Prague, Cape Town and Miami.

All top 10 lists are subjective - thats the interesting part no? To hear everyones opinions and thoughts.

I have been to both London and Tokyo several times and yes they rank up there but that not in my top 10 (in my humble opinion) in that vital combination of style, able to carry it off and looks.

cheers to all!

Tom

hello everyone! love this site, lots of useful information and fun to read. Now live in Toronto but have also lived in Montreal, Prague, Cape Town and Miami.

Quote:

All top 10 lists are subjective - thats the interesting part no? To hear everyones opinions and thoughts.

I have been to both London and Tokyo several times and yes they rank up there but that not in my top 10 (in my humble opinion) in that vital combination of style, able to carry it off and looks.

cheers to all!

Tom

--- Original message by tomintoronto on Nov 26, 2004 07:03 AM

Fair enough tom.

You're well travelled....just didn't know if you'd been to Tokyo or London.

How's Toronto and Montreal these days?

I went to Canada about 5 years ago. It's on the cards in the future. But for now, I'm heading back to Tokyo....it's #1 in my opinion.

don't think looks should be considered...it's not something you can control...apart from all the disgusting make up and stuff you can put on...it's in your genes. Even if you took good care of yourself and had a great expensive haircut but you're born with a less than desirable face you still won't look pretty.

I hate everything and everyone.

Toronto and Montreal are doing well Mickey..thanks for asking.

Economy is booming right now, lots of exciting things are happening..lots of new interesting hotels in Toronto (finally) excellent restaurant and nightlife scene happening right now.

Dickhead - yeah looks can not be controlled but as a man I always like looking at fine women, and some cities have better looking people than others..just a fun fact. God bless Montreal women!

cheers to all!

Tom

My list would be:

London (a lot of designers come here for inspiration and ideas. Londoners do the dressed-down, vintage look sans pareil)

Milano (impeccably dressed population)

Paris (for their panache)

Sydney (as much as I hate the city, Sydneysiders do the off-duty surfer thing well)

Tokyo (for their quirky style)

Rio/Floriannapolis (the coolest beach wear and bodies to go with it)

Stockholm (I'm yet to meet a scruffy Swede)

Apologies for the missing three. I could think of any more serious contenders

• 1 month later...

Paris being the capital of style is a dead myth! (most people see Paris during the fashion shows)

I guess NYC and Milano.

But I've never been to Tokyo... and I heard that Buenos Aires is the #1 stylish place.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...