most over-rated jeans

cant_sleep

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

does anyone feel that a brand like denime is underrated? i just pulled out a pair of XX model that i got at the yoox sale and as far as japanese brands go, i think this is up there with SDA and imo better than samurai, just curious why this brand really gets no love here on this board

What about Acne Jeans? I've heard a lot of people complain about the price to quality ratio. I think they're great but I want to hear what you guys think.

No doubt - pure garbage, along with Nudie - I've heard plenty of complaints.

Like many others said, all jeans are over-rated and do not demand such premium (you can thank Seven for that one - they started the whole "designer denim" boom), but that's not really the point, because all designer clothes is overpriced. The key is what you said, price to quality ratio, and I think these two Swedish brands take the cake, right after Rogan and ICR v. Deth Killers (now there is a brand I will NEVER understand).

What I don't get is people paying full price for jeans like PDC and Earnest Sewn that end up in discount stores or on Ebay at ridiculously low prices. I can better understand someone shelling out money for 45RPM, because there is an element of artisanship that goes with it.

does anyone feel that a brand like denime is underrated? i just pulled out a pair of XX model that i got at the yoox sale and as far as japanese brands go, i think this is up there with SDA and imo better than samurai, just curious why this brand really gets no love here on this board

i don't own one, so i can't give you a reliable opinion. but just wanted to note that i've read on one serious japanese denim-head's site that the only problem he encountered with denimes is that, especially in the case of the XXs, the color fade is slower and more stubborn than others. yet, their denim wears out and comes apart faster than other repros he owns (like eternal and warehouse). he wore one pair of XXs for about two years and a half, and it's full of repairs everywhere.

his opinion is that the 66s have really great cost-performance (at around half the price of their XXs) but the XXs are just slightly questionable because of that durability issue.

my guess is that stubborn jeans don't do too well even around here. it does get pretty frustrating when you chat on this kind of forum every day but yet your jeans are making no sign of wear for months.

I think CMF hommes are way over rated. They look like someone took apart a pair of RRL jeans and attempted to slim them up a bit. Ha ..... ha......hah.

Stop by Minneapolis. I'll buy you a beer at the Triple Rock.

For the record, I've yet to meet a single other person in the U.S. who gives two rat's asses about the jeans I'm wearing, and none of them certainly know about Nudies. They're a tough brand to be considered "overrated" over here.

im going to have to disagree

here in sf/bay area, ca i know about 15+ kids that own nudies

it probably depends on what crowd you run with

i like nudies, but i'm certainly not as into them as i was a year+ ago

I think CMF hommes are way over rated. They look like someone took apart a pair of RRL jeans and attempted to slim them up a bit. Ha ..... ha......hah.

especially because they go for more than $1,000 a pair from what i've heard. that's why only cheapmutha owns them...

i wonder too. this is Naoto the Zombie @ mynudies' Denime Kyoto Edition. they look pretty f-ing nice if you ask me. but i've seen denimes turning out pretty "bad" too...

okzg5.th.png

i wonder too. this is Naoto the Zombie @ mynudies' Denime Kyoto Edition. they look pretty f-ing nice if you ask me. but i've seen denimes turning out pretty "bad" too...

okzg5.th.png

those look awesome, denime fades very evenly in my experience, need to get them hemmed for my xx type, but my 66's look decent but i havent worn those in months

DSC03072-794024.JPG

• 3 weeks later...
those look awesome, denime fades very evenly in my experience, need to get them hemmed for my xx type, but my 66's look decent but i havent worn those in months

Hello and how do you do? Thanks for your comments on my Denime jeans.:)

It is being told (in Japan) that most Denime jeans are dyed stronger than other Japanese brands' jeans so that you might need patience to get a good result - no washing at least for 6 months or so. I know many people fail on Denime jeans because they wash too soon! But I must tell you - from my point of view, of course, the quality of the Denime's denim is second to none - probably one of the best Japanese denims available today.

I am very lucky because I can wear jeans while I am working so I could get the result quickly. Othewise, all I can say is; "be patient!"

Good luck!:)