Where to chainstitch in Europe?

pomata

Gentlemen, thank you all for your kind words. Don't worry I'm not really losing heart. I love the machine. I'd of bought it even if it was just for my own amusement and use. The fact that you all get to benefit too is just cool with me... spread the love and all that.

So, whot we got? Paul T. Almostnice. Pomata. Paulo. Skeese. Patchmb. Maynard Friedman. Aso2004. RedX. Slowdownarthur. LFV4ever.

That's eleven. Assuming RedX wants hemming as well as tapering. (By the way RedX I don't actually have a 5 thread industrial overlocker so I'm not best placed to narrow your jeans. But, it is the sort of thing lots of good tailors can do for you).

So if RedX is in, then what the hell, I'll do eleven. Free hemming offer is now closed.

I know some of you have mailed me already about where to send the jeans. I've spent all day today moving house lugging boxes around so right now I'm off to the pub, Will email you all tomorrow. Sleep tight kids.

That's eleven. Assuming RedX wants hemming as well as tapering. (By the way RedX I don't actually have a 5 thread industrial overlocker so I'm not best placed to narrow your jeans. But, it is the sort of thing lots of good tailors can do for you).

look i'm really clueless about this sewing stuff. i don't need additional hemming on my jawnz so i was assuming you need to chainstitch your hem if you have your jeans tapered.

i thought you would have to open up the inseam, cut out the desired fabric and then sew it together again. but then you would have to chainstich the hem again.

RedX: The machine I have is a 43200G which is designed solely for hemming. In order to do inseams with a chainstitch you need a flat bed machine. Check out the chainstitching machines and where to get them thread.

Fre$co: I should have some pure cotton coming soon. I'll keep you posted.

Damn, for some reason I've not had updates from this thread (or any other) for a week or so. I'm after some chainstiching plus i'm London based. Too late for the list??

I work there part time on an ad-hoc basis. At the time of writing my last post his machines weren't up and running. Unfortunately i've not yet managed to negotiate myself a discount yet.

• 2 weeks later...

the SDAs are fantastic

I am happy to recommend The Clerk for chainstitching. I've had my jeans chainstitched by BiG and Hinoya, The Clerk's work was as good if not better, more true to the original look than my last job, at Blue in Green (which in itself was great); the stitching was the same style as the original, perhaps a very slightly tighter fold, and it's got that slight 'pull' characteristic of the 43200G which shou;d give good roping. I will definitely send my future pairs his way.

Chainstitched.jpg

LFC4ever, that's quite a compliment - many thanks.

I'm now getting quite a lot of messages about chainstitching people's jeans, which is great. I'm really getting in to it and I'm also getting a real kick that people are happy with the work.

So, thought I should say how I'm going to work the service. The basic cost for hemming is going to be £18 sterling plus postage. The best thing to do is to send me a message via [email protected] and I can then get back to you with where to send the jeans plus payment details and so on. I will soon have an actual web site for this up and running. More on that soon(ish)

I should also say thanks for all the great comments and plus rep I've been getting. It seems I've developed some rep power myself. Not really sure how to use it mind...