Where to chainstitch in Europe?

pomata

finally I have found a tailor in Italy that can provide chainstich hemming services

here they are

http://www.imjit35020.com/

they use a Singer chainstitch machine though, no Union Special.

they just quoted me 9 euros for a chainstitch hem on a standard pair of jeans.

I am going to try them with a cheap pair of Bob Dong's and see how it works.

Next week we at Vater&Sohn will provide everybody who is interested with a chain stitch service!

We already own the Union Special and are just waiting for the new sewing table....

Sascha & TO both learned the magic from Giles @Iron Heart and with practice and time I will learn from them to do a badass chain stitch!!!!

Yeah!

excellent stuff, if I only was a bit closer... everytime with chainstitch i end up spending more for shipping than for the service itself. last time in Holland it costed about 50 euros.

with the service in Italy I should finally be able to do it for way less, 22 euros, not bad.

Edited by volvo240thebest

Not bad at all! And I here ya :-)

We are ver y happy now - and I am lucky as fuck - that we can bring this service to our customers or fellow denim heads.

excellent stuff, if I only was a bit closer... everytime with chainstitch i end up spending more for shipping than for the service itself. last time in Holland it costed about 50 euros.

with the service in Italy I should finally be able to do it for way less, 22 euros, not bad.

Where did you do the chainstitching in Holland?

I heard TdN stopped doing chainstitching for people that didn't bought their jeans there. Denham only hems and repairs denham jeans so there isn't a lot of choice left. Because of that I brought my jeans to a local tailor but I'm not really happy with the results

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Finally, I made it to Munich today for the hemming of my Samurai S510XX.

Josh at "Statement" did an excellent job and shortened my Jeans within one hour.

So if someone in Germany is looking for a professional chainstitch hemming-service, this is definitely your place to go.

• 10 months later...
  • 2 years later...

What is the seam width and is it a  full double fold?

I would recommend a proper hem in any case - seam width, stitch count, thread color and thread size (thickness) look off!

Edited by Foxy2

On 9/29/2018 at 9:34 PM, egyptian said:

It is double fold, ~15mm.

Yeah absolutely I must have them hemmed...

if the seam allowances at the inseams and outseams are not cut back it shouldn't be a problem to re-hem your pair and actually gain 0.5-1.0cm if the current seam allowance measures 1.5cm and is a full double fold.
most folders should produce hems in the region of around 1.0cm...

as to the possible question of where to hem - you can let us know where you're located and I'm sure somebody will have a suggestion.

Edited by Foxy2

Second sunrise in Stockholm, Göteborg manufaktur in...Gothenburg and Manér in Malmö (not entirely sure of this one). The first two does a good job on the union special they have but Second sunrise has a tighter stitch if that’s something you fetish over.

13 hours ago, Foxy2 said:

if the seam allowances at the inseams and outseams are not cut back it shouldn't be a problem to re-hem your pair and actually gain 0.5-1.0cm if the current seam allowance measures 1.5cm and is a full double fold.
most folders should produce hems in the region of around 1.0cm...

as to the possible question of where to hem - you can let us know where you're located and I'm sure somebody will have a suggestion.

Thanks!

I'm in EU but I'm going to Bangkok in a couple of weeks so I'm gonna have them hemmed there.

• 3 weeks later...
On 08/04/2015 at 8:22 AM, volvo240thebest said:

finally I have found a tailor in Italy that can provide chainstich hemming services

here they are

http://www.imjit35020.com/

they use a Singer chainstitch machine though, no Union Special.

they just quoted me 9 euros for a chainstitch hem on a standard pair of jeans.

I am going to try them with a cheap pair of Bob Dong's and see how it works.

@volvo240thebest did you ever use this service and if so, how were the results?

I haven't used it yet, at the end the last time I caved and sent jeans to My Handy Denim repair in the Nederlands because he has the Union Special and I knew he makes a good job.

I may try the next time I have a pair of jeans coming.