Minimal, Tech Haus, Techno & Variants

jcotteri

That Oliver Klein + Martin Eyerer track is a bit of a banger also Ame is an alltime classic. Great tunes, hadn't heard that dominik eulberg track yet. Going to check out that whole traum release. Welcome to the threak, feel free to post as much music as you want. Good to see some more fans come out of the wodwork, i'm sure there are plenty more

Guest doubletap
the-field-from-here-we-go-sublime.jpg

you guys should all listen to this, it got me into minimal tech. its mind blowing.

yea he's awesome, i seen him once in Canada... he was supposed to come to DC, but he had visa issues.

does anybody have any sets by franco bianco?

Guest larry

Went to the watergate a couple of weekends back, biggest tune of the night was Transformation - Transform neumann and styles.

Goes on for 11 minutes or something. Special part is that the kick goes out for 2 breaks, one small one and then a long one for about 5 minutes. When it came back in the place went mad.

this is the only sample which gives an idea of the break I could find online:

http://www.trackitdown.net/genre/house/track/652160.html

yeh man just sets.. unless it's your own stuff or free to download off their website like this:

Scott Monteith aka Deadbeat and me aka Monolake were both booked for a festival in spain. Due to some communication glitches, the organizers assumed we both will perform together. We told them this would not be the case. However, when we arrived at the festival, all flyers and posters and line-up sheets still stated that we are going to play a set together and there was not the slightest hint that this could not be the case. So, after some discussions, we decided to give the audience what the audience would expect...

In my article about Live performance, I wrote that I prefer to play in the middle of the audience because there I have full control over the sound and I can be as close as possible to the audience. The PA at that festival sounded quite weird, and therefor Scott and me tried to convince the organizer that we'd like to play in the middle of the audience. However, the organizer quite brutally ignored our wish. So, we ended up on stage. Which was good for us, because the monitors sounded far better then the main PA.

The recording of the set, made by the incompetent PA guys for a soft drink manufacturer, which was a sponsor of the event, is mono. Deadbeat versus Monolake in mono?!? Nice deep reverbs and dubby echoes, all that lovely spaces - gone. I assume the PA itself was mono too, and only our monitoring was in stereo.... The file I got from the festival also has been limited and loudness maximized, all perfect things to apply to a recording if you want to ruin it sonically.

But, we had quite some fun playing this set, despite the absurdities we had to deal with.

Technically, the Monolake versus Deadbeat performance was just Scott running Ableton Live on his computer, and me running Live on mine. We both mixed parts of our individual sets to create something new. Both computers were not synced via MIDI, we just typed in the same tempo and occasionally restarted one of the sets to re-sync.

This set is one hour long, and it is the free track of the month for August and September.

clicky clicky

I was listening to the brodinski nllr mixtape the other day expecting electro and I was very happily suprised with what i later found out is more towards tech/minimal? I'm not very familiar with this genre but i really liked what i heard in this mixtape. I'll post a tracklist but would this be considered minimal/tech?

NLLR Mixtape 035 by BRODINSKI

http://www.zshare.net/audio/93148034dfa1cd/

TRACKLISTING

01. Andomat 3000 - "Delirium Tremens"

02. Djuma Soundsystem - "Les djinns (Swen Weber Remix)"

03. Juliet Sikora - "Turkish Delight (Swen Weber Remix)"

04. Popof - "Unknown Track"

05. Masi & Mello - "The Afterworld 2008 Retake"

06. Delon & Delcan - "Woh (Popof Remix)"

07. Sandy Riviera - "Freak (Gregor Salto & Madskillz Remix)"

08. Sia - "The Girl You Lost To Cocaine (Sander Van Doorn Remix)"

09. Laidback Luke & Steve Angello - "Be (Masi & Mello Remix)"

10. MOS - "Emotional Distortion (Popof Remix)"

11. D.I.M. - "Is You (Brodinski Remix)"

12. Tube & Berger - "Funky Shit (Swen Weber Remix)"

I was listening to the brodinski nllr mixtape the other day expecting electro and I was very happily suprised with what i later found out is more towards tech/minimal? I'm not very familiar with this genre but i really liked what i heard in this mixtape. I'll post a tracklist but would this be considered minimal/tech?

yes some of it perhaps, tech house and techy electro mostly by the look of it

listening now..

will give feedback soon

lets talk about podcasts. i like...

madou broadcast

TRIBECAST

cocoon records

[LesIzmo:r]

Ghostly Cast

minus

anymore?

fuck yeh,

for me bunker, RA (sometimes), cocoon as well... minus maybe one or two..

hmm i really mostly download sets off artists webbys, forums and livesets.. some essential mixes are awesome too

will have to check out some of these.. recommendations?

usually the ones i like, i cant remember the name of, ie some euro net radio shows.. usually not in english

http://www.therebelagency.com/newsletter/archive/01/

you guys might want to check this out... nice long vids + podcasts

higher quality: http://rebelrave.blip.tv

More episodes to come over the next few weeks, including interview and party with Seth Troxler at Batofar, Paris... a Dinky feature together with Pier Bucci and Damian Lazarus at Liquid, Barcelona... Jamie Jones at Bestival... many more

AsciiDisko, have a very euro electro sound which is very popular in france and spain.

Personnelly, it leaves me abit cold, but in the right setting with a good crowd its good.

Not too up on the genre's, when I say euro electro, I mean in the strict sense european electronic stuff. You wouldn't hear that cold vacant sound coming from anywhere other than europe.

Do you do that track keegan? Very good and pretty accomplished :)