supertalk6
jcotteri

Minimal, Tech Haus, Techno & Variants

Just had a most enjoyable weekend at berghain/pannarama bar. Marcell, Black madonna, DJ sprinkles, francois X, norman nodge, discodromo, len faki...

Functions closing set upstairs was truly the most interesting and engaging mix I've witnessed. Im searching for a track ID on something he repeatedly played throughout the set. Vocal sample was a static telephone operator repeating a sequence of numbers - ZERO ZERO ONE ZERO FOUR ZERO ZERO ect...

Would anyone have the slightest clue? edit- just chatted with function, he explained it was a found sample " secret weapon " 

Also, does anyone know if US distro will be getting the ostgut ton - zehn boxset release? Shipping from EU is about 50$, hoping for a way around. 

Edited by EG562

i think i might be able to help you with that track id. will report back with answer.

^ what a track, such a nice slow, spaced out ascension. Not the track he played, the voice was a female telephone operator. 

Function explained it to me as :

"But what they are are a series of short wave radio transmissions I play over the top of tracks. There were several in different languages that I played. "

Some random recents

Edited by EG562

^ what a track, such a nice slow, spaced out ascension. Not the track he played, the voice was a female telephone operator. 

Function explained it to me as :

"But what they are are a series of short wave radio transmissions I play over the top of tracks. There were several in different languages that I played. "

would have guessed The Conet Project from your initial description.. - http://www.irdial.com/conet.htm

^ Nailed it.

Amazing, thank you !

- counting 'control' [e14] was the sample.

wild- i just went to a function show when he was in town and that sample stood out for me as well. good/interesting find yall.

i was worried he'd be a gimmick, but i saw anklepants last night (in a lifeguard outfit as opposed to his standard 'cosmic jester') and it was actually incredible.

https://player.vimeo.com/video/115429974 (one of his best sets, can't get it to embed).

infamous boiler room:

Edited by conqueror

duncan is the man

yessir! had him and the friend come play ny last year, been boys since. hes got a bright future ahead.