Minimal, Tech Haus, Techno & Variants

jcotteri

though i don't get your whole intraweb Demeanor, that track isn't half bad.

nice one

also i was wondering who else rags on him as you were referring to the people who pay him out as raggers, therefore plural right?? so who else mang?

I really can't believe what i'm reading.. to call Deadmau5 a shit producer when he just won: Best Electro House Producer, Best Progressive House Producer, Best Song of the Year and Most Influential Person - at the Beatport Awards, is utterly retarded.

He also hasn't been saturating the market with too many releases at all, He's getting all the cred he deserves because he turns out banger after banger and is getting props from all the big name DJ/Producer's right now, and he's only been around for a little over a year! He also seems to excel at every genre he does, if you've ever heard him live you'd see that most of his shit is minimal, with most of his banger's being progressive/electro/tech haus.

Why do you think everyone is jumping on the mau5? He's murdering it!

I think we've only heard the beginning of his talents, much more to come...

haha beatport "awards" are a joke. People just jump on his back because its the cool thing to do- they don't really know what they're talking about.

He doesn't play minimal anything. I thought he did live pa's? I don't think he plays sets.

though i don't get your whole intraweb Demeanor, that track isn't half bad.

nice one

also i was wondering who else rags on him as you were referring to the people who pay him out as raggers, therefore plural right?? so who else mang?

http://www.mnml.nl/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=226812#226812

Comeon man you know what you're doing. You're not the only one rejecting the beatport top 10

He doesn't spin minimal?? Maybe you should see him live before saying what he does or does not do. About 75% of his sets are minimal.

And i guess i should only speak for myself when i say why i feel his shit.. There are always gonna be dick riders in any genre, and ya there are probably are a lot of people saying they're hyped on mau5 cause he's a big name right now.

I really can't believe what i'm reading.. to call Deadmau5 a shit producer when he just won: Best Electro House Producer, Best Progressive House Producer, Best Song of the Year and Most Influential Person - at the Beatport Awards, is utterly retarded.

Believe it ;)

Haha beatport awards are a joke. Thats like saying dj mag top 100 is accurate...lol

Why do you think everyone is jumping on the mau5? He's murdering it!

hahaha nah because they think that he is cool, basically because the G.P. does

He also hasn't been saturating the market with too many releases at all, He's getting all the cred he deserves because he turns out banger after banger and is getting props from all the big name DJ/Producer's right now, and he's only been around for a little over a year! He also seems to excel at every genre he does, if you've ever heard him live you'd see that most of his shit is minimal, with most of his banger's being progressive/electro/tech haus.

dud with all due respect he releases a new track/remix every week.

therefore new release every weak = shit release 99% of the time.

http://www.mnml.nl/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=226812#226812

Comeon man you know what you're doing. You're not the only one rejecting the beatport top 10

haha of course, i tend to do all of my discussing on inthemix.com.au but yeh i rejected that shit long before the beatport awards, it didn't take me that long to realise :D

Ahhh yeh and deadmau5 does not play minimal... what have you been smoking? stop that shit

i heard gui boratto playing a few months ago, twas the fucking shit. don't get much minimal stuff over here (singapore), so it's hard for me to understand the "minimal is dead/overplayed" sentiment that seems to be so popular now..

any record labels to check out besides the ones keagan alrdy mentioned? i like some of the tracks that noir music have been putting out lately

I just don't know how you can say he doesn't play minimal, when he does..

ask anyone who's gone to see him live and they will cosign... or just youtube it.

w/e it's all about the deep house anyways.. nothing like cafe del mar in the summer.

hah ok mang..

so i take your advice and youtubed him.. Yeh as i suspected i watched several vids and not once did i hear any minimal, there was perhaps some generic electro that was pushing the boundary into techno, But no minimal. What exactly do you think constitutes a track being minimal. Can you please show me some examples because i am really curious..

So has anyone heard daniel bells the bunker podcast? Any thought or sentiments?

how about some favourite sets that you have heard of late?

jesus christ. Get off deadmau5. He is obviously confused with the beatport psudo "minimal" bullshit. Why is everyone talking about deephouse on here?

Deephouse is miguel migs and new masters at work. 99% of the time deephouse has diva vocals. I can tell you, awake, sir, you have no idea what deephouse is. You'd probably assume villalobos is deep house if noone told you better...

But yeah I heard dans thing quite a while ago. Bunker sets usually suck. I heard that akfuen podcast a few months ago, which was only okay for akfuen.

I've been bumping-

http://www.bodytonicmusic.com/audio/mixes/btp007_roberthood.mp3 hood@fuse belgium

sounds like it's from 96', in fact it was done a couple of months ago. wow!

http://www.keagan.org/music/051108.mp3 - yeah, I listen to my own sets, problem?

http://www.littlewhiteearbuds.com/tracks/TerrenceDixonLWE.mp3 - Terrence Dixon Live @ Metroplex - Detroit - March 2008

I was actually there, great night

http://uploaded.to/?id=2zi1zo Anja Schneider @ Plattenleger

really fucking good

hahahaha.. keagan is funny.. i saw petalpushers w/ miguel migs, tim fuller and lisa shaw live last sunday.... jack ass...

I forgot.. how was it that i don't know what deep house is?

you think cafe del mar is? I bet you didn't!

I will periodically post up my favourite mixes here. At the moment i haven't found anything too exciting of late. That being said that Schneider mix was alright, the music was great but the mixing was pretty rough at times.. Good though.. Will give that hood mix a listen tonight :D

Also i can't watch that youtube vid right now, but will a bit later.. I'll get back to you about it.

yeh great as a double EP not as an album but the tracks singularly are amazing. Yeh that album prolly just tips over the scales as being minimalesq.. But yeh not purely minimal, more minimal techno..

Fuck i loved that picture disc he released in 05 for the original bionik 12"

R-740154-1156509230.jpg

Ya i was debating whether to post some richie or dominik haha.. richie will be here on wednesday actually. I don't really go to mnml shows tho, find it hard to get into.. i definitely like it.. but can't dance to it haha.

Guest larry

NqEUANEnEWY&hl

Mouth Music Iz and Diz, suppose you could call it minimal ;)

wIsOYgfHEHA

Pepe Braddock - Burning Deep house at its finest.