Minimal, Tech Haus, Techno & Variants

jcotteri

Ok i have been thinking about this for a while..

Now i know there are several posters who already listen to these genres so lets stop getting annoyed when we glance at various other music threaks (i.e. Indie-Dance/Electro/Neu-Rave/Disco/House Music: We Are Your Friends) and have our own.

So here is a threak where all of the Minimal and Tech/Techno + or - variants and subgenres shall be discussed and/or posted (i.e. youtube videos, sets etc.), of course dj's and producers can of course be talked about in depth or what ever and lastly events or really what ever you want to discuss.

Lets get too it then..

To start off with i will post one of my all time fav artists who i have watched slowly gain popularity and respect since the start of last year. I'm a big fan of live minimal, especially with DIY instruments, live instruments, so Frivolous aka Vancouverite Daniel Gardner just hits the spot with his funky filters, DIY instruments and self sampling.

http://www.discogs.com/artist/Frivolous

In this video he is using:

M-Audio Evolution UC33e MIDI controller/interface

The Frivolous Patented Electromagnetic Knife

Line 6 DL4 Delay Modeller (stomp Box)

I would assume Ableton 6

8lglpD5lRig

you hitting up ellen allien dude...?

she's in perth in a couple weeks, with modeselektor and lindstrom.

don't think i'm gonna be able to make it unfortunately.....girlfriend's birthday is on the same night (she wouldn't be into it...), as is alix perez, lynx and kemo.

sure it'd be a killer gig though.

nah i'm currently located in Northern NSW, closer to brissie more than anything. Sometimes i'm lucky and hit up Brisbane. Usually im not and can't do anything. It's difficult to justify going down or up for just a weekend. Last year i missed frivolous and Jeff Milligan and i was just so disapointed, i would have travelled down for that.

9I8VXgiGqF4

check this vid...

heaps of good shit happens in toronto, you get regular visits from big names. Guess you just gotta be in the know how. Either that or you could travel over to Montreal.. I know i would..or down into the states.. detroit for DEMF..

far out i would loveto go to that...

also polishmike..

sascha funke would have been amazing... Mango absolutely melted me

one of my favourite releases this year.

Wont catch bodzin, unfortunately but did get to see Pig and Dan & Supermayer in brissie a couple of weeks ago.

supermayer was amazing but i had ot leave half way through because i was so tired..

just noticed that stephan bodzin is playing with dubfire at arq in sydney....friday june 6. (click click).

i definitely rate bodzin....big shame he isnt coming to perth on the we love sounds tour.

cheers I might check that out!

heaps of good shit happens in toronto, you get regular visits from big names. Guess you just gotta be in the know how. Either that or you could travel over to Montreal.. I know i would..or down into the states.. detroit for DEMF..

far out i would loveto go to that...

also polishmike..

sascha funke would have been amazing... Mango absolutely melted me

one of my favourite releases this year.

Wont catch bodzin, unfortunately but did get to see Pig and Dan & Supermayer in brissie a couple of weeks ago.

supermayer was amazing but i had ot leave half way through because i was so tired..

More staying in the know than being in it.

Sool is no good, maybe I need better headphones ahah.

yeh dude mentalic is a sick producer.. I caught on to him when he released sweet little sixteen, but prague original mix is amazing.

check out sweet little sixteen mang...

Does anyone listen to Jichael mackson? Holger Brauns? Jay Haze? Ricardo Villalobos?

for my 23rd i checked out Deadmau5... fav producer right now... dude is killing it. James Zabiela is tomorrow night, can't go though.. The promoters here really know whats up.

nah man he is a shit producer in my book, needs to work on what he releases more, he just churns out so much rubbish. admittingly his sucess has inspired alot of artists to copy his so called sound. That is probably the only influence he has had. Good on him for riding along on his recent fame but no offense there are so many peole like you that just suck up every release of his.

I was disgusted by his so called remix of finished symphony by hybrid..

sorry i had to say it ....

prettty nice, although ever-so-slightly cheesy.

it sorta teases a little bit with the buildups, and doesnt deliver anything 'more' (although thats not necessarily a bad thing.....big drops arent always necessary).

pretty good nonetheless.

your link doesn't work

deadmau5 is progressive house noise, obviously doesn't belong here. However he is a very talented guy I don't know why he gets ragged on so much- A lot the raggers don't know there butthole from their elbow in the prairie of production- I don't enjoy his output at all but...

Digging the new lick my deck, curlee- aki latvamaki, donor/truss - perception ep is dope. Feeling the new cassy, although she is getting a lot of shit. New playhouse, I just picked up is nice

your link doesn't work

deadmau5 is progressive house noise, obviously doesn't belong here. However he is a very talented guy I don't know why he gets ragged on so much- A lot the raggers don't know there butthole from their elbow in the prairie of production- I don't enjoy his output at all but...

Digging the new lick my deck, curlee- aki latvamaki, donor/truss - perception ep is dope. Feeling the new cassy, although she is getting a lot of shit. New playhouse, I just picked up is nice

Deadmau5 also releases tech electro so i think can be rightfully discussed. I have never seen or heard anyone rag on him. Please tell me where they do so i can join them. Also i have seen countless youtube vids of him whilst he is producing, i have seen the equipment he uses, fuck he has some nice gearz! But i feel 95% of his tracks that he seems to release weekly are fucking garbage, lacking substance, just lacking it really. I can't really explain what "it" is but trust me he lacks it. Fauxing berlin was good, and understandably there have been several tracks released prior mimicking this sound (Delerium feat. Sarah Mclahlan - Silence (Niels Van Gogh & Thomas Gold Remix)). There has only been one other track that has some substance to it (Not Alone). Even this was just ok..

So in my honest opinion he is a shit producer..

He looks like a fun dude. I think he just needs to work on his tracks more and stop trying to throw out as many as he can so he gets more $$$$$