Patrik Ervell S/S 10 New York

Advantage

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pretty much between chai and ervell. but ervell is going to win out over chai. all is still good though because chai is doing much better with womens than his men lines.

• 2 weeks later...

that's kind of awesome. I wish more stores would hold designers feet to the fire about their production. How and why rag and bone went from being made "proudly" in New York, to being made somewhere in "America", to being made in Peru, to being made in China is totally beyond me.

It's funny that in this day and age we as sufu users give so much adoration to ToJ, which is made in Korea, and yet are suspicious about Ervell's garments being made there. Lord knows I've had shitty products with "made in italy" or "made in America" tags on them.

ToJ is small and upstart, and well priced. Patrik Ervell/Rag and Bone/APC are not small or upstart, and they're expensive as fuck. Charge designer prices, get your shit made somewhere with a minimum wage.

I'm just saying, "made In Korea" doesn't necessarily correlate with bad quality these days, nor does "made in Italy" or "made in America" mean a fine product either.

My very limited experience of both Rag and Bone and Ervell has shown inconsistent quality from product to product. I doubt this will change not that Ervell gets his stuff made in Korea. Some stuff will be fine, some will be "ugh".

I wish more stores would hold designers feet to the fire about their production.

I never got the impression that Ervell boasted about being "Made in USA," nor did it ever really become the central talking point for the brand compared to Rag & Bone or Engineered Garments. To me, Ervell was more about design and fabrication so location of manufacturing is irrelevant- especially if the quality is better (suiting is much nicer too).

has anyone ever owned one of the older collegiate jackets from ervell? the ss08 fw08 ones look stunning, but it seems i won't really be getting an opportunity to stumble upon one.

Someone sold an a/w 2008 Collegiate jacket on Supermarket a few months ago. Size medium, dark navy with tan sleeves. Really nice jacket.

Someone sold an a/w 2008 Collegiate jacket on Supermarket a few months ago. Size medium, dark navy with tan sleeves. Really nice jacket.

man, i woulda snatched on that had i seen it. current dream catch:

tumblr_l0uyzujdwy1qbvsuto1_400.jpg

amazing stuff, really. i have to admit i do like his older pieces than his newer ones, FW10 looks strong though.

on a sidenote: anyone else tempted by the $150 tee shirt lol

it looked a little like fondant (lol) in the pictures so i thought maybe it was some great thick fabric, like a sweatshirt. i felt it at nom de guerre, just feels like a regular tshirt with a smoother texture. fit is boxy, sorta like a slightly oversized sweatshirt without the ribbing and shorter sleeves.