american football (nfl)

yanni

so.. the draft's coming up in a few days (saturday if you're not in the know). who're you hoping that your team takes? i know there's gotta be a few nfl dudes here on sufu.

i'm a pats man, so i'm looking for a linebacker cause honestly bruschi has lost some steps. i would be overjoyed beyond everything if posluz fell to us. other possibilities:db

i can see the pats doing well this year.

Lets just hope the Lions draft someone with functional limbs.

matt millen is salivating over the concept of another WR after watching CJ clips on youtube I'll bet

Raiders: All signs point to Jamarcus Russell. Although I can't be mad at them if they take Calvin Johnson. Russell has all the physical tools to dominate in the NFL but I think he is also more likely to be a bust than Calvin Johnson, who looks like a sure thing. The Raiders would be better off taking Russell with the first pick and Dwayne Jarrett in the second round than taking Calvin Johnson with the first pick and the Stanford QB Trent Edwards in the second round. The dropoff in talent between Russell and Edwards is greater and their position is more important. The Raiders have such a glaring hole at QB it's not even funny anymore. I've been waiting for 2007 draft since the week 1 Monday Night debacle against San Diego.

they NEED a new QB. well, they need a new everything really.

I'm a Ravens fan, hoping we take Sidney Rice (also a Carolina fan). If we can get some O-line help and some backups for an aging defense, i'll be satisfied.

As for the raiders - if Quinn isn't the greatest thing since sliced bread and Russell has such an enormous bust potential, why not build up an actual team and get a quarterback later? Maybe in next years draft, where in all probability, you'll be picking first again...

niners:

i would sacrifice my first born for calvin johnson. we need a WR. maybe in the second round.

but more realistically, jamaal anderson.

in other news, whos ready for superfuture fantasy football 07?

I'm well rested and ready for SuFu FF 07...And I promise to actually play this year. :)

I think the Niners are due for a breakout year. They've got all the parts, and your QB really looked good towards the end of last season--small hands and all.

Does anyone have the clip of Aaron Brooks literally throwing the ball backwards? that was hilarious.

Jets fan - if they can keep up the trend of boring, but correct picks, i'd be satisfied. I guess CB will be the most likely pick at 1st. Now, if they can unearth a real 3-4 DT in the mid to late rounds, I'd wet my pants.

Leonard coming to the Jets will be great (just not with the 1st round pick), he's gonna catch so many 3 yard passes from Pennington.

Anyone have predictions regarding the big busts of this draft?

Mine:

Russell - had a better team around him than anyone in the country.

Ginn Jr - fast and....?

Peterson - Runs too upright for an injury prone guy....(this one might bite me in the ass)

I guess there are just some positions that are prone to busts - ie qbs and wrs, while guys like linebackers don't really have that much of a bust potential.

Kolb isn't that bad, just a really systematic guy...he could be productive one day.

As for the Raiders, when they pick first again next year, they'll have a chance to pick up real parts of a team, not just a giant with a cannon laser rocket arm.

Ravens - could have moved up to get Quinn, could have gotten Trent Edwards, when will the front office guys realize that McNair is a temporary solution.