Robert Geller SS10

achK

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it reminds me of Lanvin for some reason.I do like the colours...I think I might be on my own but I really enjoy his summer collections , possibly more than his winter ones.

I think it's the schoolboy-type hat, cardigans, and color. I got a bit of the same impression upon viewing the shots online but at the show I didn't feel that it was Lanvin-ish at all. Totally Geller. Perhaps the difference is viewing from the side vs. the front?

There were so many amazing yet wearable pieces that I feel like this is one of those collections that makes a small impact on the runway but a huge statement once it hits stores.

Not sure if there are any detail shots of one of back of the petroleum leather jacket shown late in the show, but it was fucking rad.

there is nothing damir doma-ish in this collection. no need to even discuss that.

there are obvious nods to lanvin in the use of jewel tones and in the lighter fabrics; and one specific accessory. i'll leave that up to people who actually know their shit to assess.

there is a strong sense of romanticism here, and that may be what is causing people to think of ann d, but you're hilariously short-sighted if your only frame of reference is ann d here. geller's collection is spades more masculine than lanvin and ann d both, and that is where this shines.

that being said, the jewel-toned clothes are the knockouts here, the perfect baby step forward for geller after the huge leap his 2nd collection represented. what we have here is a refinement of his aesthetic, something that we've seen since the beginning and i'm sure we'll continue to see.

there is nothing tacky about the blues in person, bear flash photography in mind.

Very refreshing colors, really dig it.

Certainly feels Geller, though I too thought Lanvin right away, then AnnD, then, not even sure why, Branquinho,.

It's interesting to look a these and then go back and look at old Cloak shows, you can tell Geller's influence vs Plokhov's.

Cloak vs Geller vs the past couple of season of Versace is all interesting to see.

I remember when I read 1 half of cloak was leaving to form his own line and then looking it up and only being a woman's line and being disappointed, I think it only lasted a season or 2, it was pretty hot though. Wish I could buy that shit still for my girlfriend.

i'm glad he did those pants again^^

if there's any other colours than b/w i may cop

I believe the pants were made in a black/petroleum or a grey/petroleum. Will have to look at the runway shots again as I'm going off memory atm.

ediT: beaten by mouko :( Damn you iphone slow loading!!