Cultizm LVC Contest

joe@cultizm.com

does levis care? we don't know. we know they follow the lvc thread around here but do they react to it?!

i remember the evisu world tour, where evisu was involved. the final jeans should also be an inspiration for a pre-wash but never made it over the prototype-phase.

of course it would be nice and it is a great idea. but keep it as what it is right now: an idea not a certain thing you can guarantee.

Because a couple of people who weren't part of the original contest expressed interest? That seems a little melodramatic. I personally was just interested in being a part of a contest, which is why I politely asked if the contest was open to new participants. I don't give a damn about free jeans. After reading through some of the contest threads on here they appear to be a lot of fun and I thought that this could be a chance to be a part of one. I know I'm a new member but we all have to start somewhere don't we?

I agree - sorry not on the superfuture band wagon when the last contest started, but I'm now a regular poster on the board and have shopped at cultizm since 2006. These contest threads are the ones I always watch with interest and envy that I'm not participating, would be a shame to make this contest for the "elite" only.

I'd prefer a '44 contest if I'm aloud to join :P

Cultizm have promised nothing at this stage. There has been some speculation and interpretation on this thread as to what the outcome of this contest will produce.

Best to wait until we hear further from the organizers rather than create the rules and outcomes ourselves I think!

Buyback sounds good. Or a type of escrow fund. illumin8em does make a good point about lackluster buybacks. That factor would just have to be a commitment/decision to be made by cultizm and then simply accepted when the time comes.

House, I like the idea of a commemorative wash. "1944 jyoni" is especially music to my ears :D

does levis care? we don't know. we know they follow the lvc thread around here but do they react to it?!

i remember the evisu world tour, where evisu was involved. the final jeans should also be an inspiration for a pre-wash but never made it over the prototype-phase.

of course it would be nice and it is a great idea. but keep it as what it is right now: an idea not a certain thing you can guarantee.

Either way, it's way more satisfying looking at Contest picture book than reading a never ending drama @LVC thread

Either way, it's way more satisfying looking at Contest picture book than reading a never ending drama @LVC thread

I hope you join this contest. Would be nice to see something from you other than smart remarks. have you ever even posted any photos of your own jeans?

stefan: yes, like I said it is a nice idea to make this pre-wash and i would be happy if the winner's model will be a pre-wash design. yet we don't know if lvc is willing to do so. of course they could use this contest for marketing reasons and might profit from it...but will they do it? keep in mind: lvc is "poetry" :P

and remember the mynudies/cultizm x nudie collab? everyone over mynudies said that wouldn't be too hard..and what happened? nothing.

the bigger the company, the less they care about a small group of people.

actually i think the commonfolk who buy LVC get the washed out/distressed pairs. i feel like the rigid versions account for only a small percentage. here where im from (asia), i have noticed the levi's stores that stock LVC only have the distressed versions and growing up, i notice people around me going for those instead of the raw pairs. those who fanatically obsess over the details tend to be only a handful as most do not know what they are buying except that they are LVC's.

keep your optimistic view :)

has anyone besides medine contacted Dejan with the ideas and what would be possible?

...no answer so far.

actually i think the commonfolk who buy LVC get the washed out/distressed pairs. i feel like the rigid versions account for only a small percentage. here where im from (asia), i have noticed the levi's stores that stock LVC only have the distressed versions and growing up, i notice people around me going for those instead of the raw pairs. those who fanatically obsess over the details tend to be only a handful as most do not know what they are buying except that they are LVC's.

That's the way it goes. Prewashes make the dollar.

Posted · Hidden by jyoni, March 3, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by jyoni, March 3, 2012 - No reason given

It's not too different here. Several people I know like the stuff, but they know it as "redline" or "big e" and have prewashes that make them feel happy as larks.

A collab for the core buyers of rigid would be awesome. I know it would deviate from history,,,but Levi's was the genesis, others bought the looms and pushed em to the limits, and now Levi's could jump into that flow. It could have its roots in history, like a heavy ounce using the same cotton crop or something.

Posted · Hidden by jyoni, March 3, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by jyoni, March 3, 2012 - No reason given

It's not too different here. Several people I know like the stuff, but they know it as "redline" or "big e" and have prewashes that make them feel happy as larks.

A collab for the core buyers of rigid would be awesome. I know it would deviate from history,,,but Levi's was the genesis, others bought the looms and pushed em to the limits, and now Levi's could jump into that flow. It could have its roots in history, like a heavy ounce using the same cotton crop and full cotton thread or something. Would something like that really be too much of a deviation for LVC anyway? It's been verified that they use polycore. How could that be considered accurate?

A collab for the core buyers of rigid would be awesome. I know it would deviate from history,,,but Levi's was the genesis, others bought the looms and pushed em to the limits, and now Levi's could jump into that flow. It could have its roots in history, like a heavy ounce using the same traditional cotton crops and full cotton thread or something. Would something like that really be too much of a deviation for LVC anyway? It's been verified that they use polycore. How could that be considered accurate? Isn't that actually more of an abomination?

A collab for the core buyers of rigid would be awesome. I know it would deviate from history,,,but Levi's was the genesis, others bought the looms and pushed em to the limits, and now Levi's could jump into that flow. It could have its roots in history, like a heavy ounce using the same traditional cotton crops and full cotton thread or something. Would something like that really be too much of a deviation for LVC anyway? It's been verified that they use polycore. How could that be considered accurate? Isn't that actually more of an abomination?

Yes, I almost fainted when looking at the horror! A pair of jeans worn for 10 years and the stitching were intact! Only thing keeping me sane are the rants on LVC thread...

Here's a nice post on denimhunter-- a pair of 47s with about 10 years of wear in. Here's some pics of the first:

P1040367-628x837.jpg

P1040381-628x837.jpg

Haha, you crack me up sometimes, man. lol.

I personally don't mind it. Got my fades, got my nice glossy stitches! But it is enough of a liberty taken that I don't see too much of a stretch in a collab. Even something just simple like that....a straight-up standard 47 or 55 with full cotton stitch, lvcxcultizm, dope goods for those who think about it.

Edited by jyoni

It's definitely modernizing, and polycore is pretty damn durable! For customer satisfaction purposes, I totally understand the decision. Cotton wouldn't fly in the larger market.

I don't know anything about the thread manufacturing gig, but there must be different grades. My skulls were popping threads after three days, but after four months my ooe-yofukuten haven't had a lick of thread damage and I've been crawling around for three weeks in one of the craziest roof framing jobs I've ever seen.

Edited by jyoni

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Michael, just a Short follow up on your idea.

I will meet LVC on this Thursday and we will discuss this.

Let you know asap, when we could go ahead.

Cheers

Dejan