Cultizm LVC Contest

joe@cultizm.com

Got more info:

Cool, thank your for answer.

We are thinking like that.

On One side we need very sohpisticated people like you, which have a Lot of expierence

in breaking in a jeans. On the other side we Need to combine our customers in that too.

We want to achieve with that the best Finishing results for further presentations.

We would like to offer the Jeans for free but therefore we would like them back After the contest.

The contestant will get a New pair for his work for that.

And the winners should get some specials on top, like visiting the brands or anything else, what will be defined from the Labels itsself.

Pls Tell my your ideas. Your idea with the forum guys is awesome too.

Cheers

Dejan

Any thing you guys would look for on a pair of jeans that would get you excited??

Special Cone Fabric?

Natural Indigo?

Slim fit(66 or 54)?

Zipper or Button fly?

Any type of things you look for in the actual workings of the contest?

when did LVC start doing collaborations or custom jeans?! the contest would be wear a standard model of LVC for X number of months, and then return the jeans to cultizm. they get free advertising, you get a free pair of jeans. good luck to them getting the jeans back at the end of the contest. in the first contest 30 people got the free shipping and then split. how many people would get a free pair of jeans and disappear? "we will define the rules" yeah, 'cuz they stuck to them so closely in the first contest.... :rolleyes:

C'mon guys, it's a great idea. It would be a great honour if they would run a contest like this:

• One standard rigid model, maybe 44, 47, 55 or 66 (I'm sure one of those classics would please anyone);
  • Wear it as hard as you can for one year (I guess a 2 year contest will be too long in a case like this);
  • The worn in pair must be sent back to Dejan. The best one will be an archieve original for a new prewashed model by LVC (e.g. 1944 "jyoni");
  • The contestants get a new rigid for their work.

Cool or cool?

This new contest wouldn't be restricted to those who participated in the last one, would it? Because I would totally be up for being part of it.

more discount on a free pair?

Free shipping and a $50 store credit!

I can see them giving out 60 pairs of free jeans, and never hearing from 40 to 45 of the people ever again..... ha! People that have never posted on sufu will come out of the woodwork when they see the word "free". xstan is a perfect example, been a member here close to four months, had all of 15 posts, and wants to get in on this thing....

Edited by setterman

That's why they won't sent them to anybody, of course. Any opinions for:

• One standard rigid model, maybe 44, 47, 55 or 66 (I'm sure one of those classics would please anyone);
  • Wear it as hard as you can for one year (I guess a 2 year contest will be too long in a case like this);
  • The worn in pair must be sent back to Dejan. The best one will be an archieve original for a new prewashed model by LVC (e.g. 1944 "jyoni");
  • The contestants get a new rigid for their work.

Edited by dr.house

If they really want to give a free pair to each contestant they should refund the money AFTER the contestant actually participates and post regularly. It might motivate the participants to actually participate. If you look at almost every contest this happens where six months in, at least half of the original particpants are incognito.

I guess this won't work. The plan was a contest for decent denimlovers, not for newbies (sorry to say). People who are well known at Sufu or Cultizm, maybe the rest of the contestants from the old contest e.g. And hey, what should happen? If one of the contestants won't send his pair back, he also won't get the chance of any honour (there are at least some guys who are honoured to be part of this game) and of course they won't get a new pair. And yeah, sorry for repeating myself- I like the idea of creating an original that will be reproduced as a predistressed jean by LVC.

Edited by dr.house

I guess this won't work.

Because a couple of people who weren't part of the original contest expressed interest? That seems a little melodramatic. I personally was just interested in being a part of a contest, which is why I politely asked if the contest was open to new participants. I don't give a damn about free jeans. After reading through some of the contest threads on here they appear to be a lot of fun and I thought that this could be a chance to be a part of one. I know I'm a new member but we all have to start somewhere don't we?

I don't want to harm anyone...but what's the difference of paying/ refund or getting a new pair/ not?

I'm sure cultizm will work out a way, but I'm also sure they want moar results than before. anyway, this contest will be hot 4sure.

@rayw44: why shouldn't they?

Edited by dr.house

I just mean can they get Levis to make a specific wash? I just don't know how close they are with levis, how the washed models are chosen, etc, but I think it would be awesome for them to pursue it.

What reward for a contest could be better than that?

And I think your buyback plan is the perect compromise. The jeans are still "free," but you have to participate and send them back for it to be free.

The "buy back" would be perfect in theory, but who would make the decision as to whether a contestants participation was worthy of a refund/buy back?

Also, the 44 would be great to see worn by many different people, but it seems to be a difficult cut to size properly.

It wouldn't make any difference if you get a new pair after returning the old ones or get money back and a new pair, but it means more organisation @ cultizm imo.

The prewashed LVC models are made after originals from the archives as far as I know. So my idea is: 'create a new archive original!'