Cultizm LVC Contest

joe@cultizm.com

^lol those are actually post soak fits....but I'm giving them another one now as it seems there is still a bit shrink left...I'll post more later if there's any huge change!

EDIT: Did a blazing hot soak for an hour and then another hour on medium while dunking it them up and down a few times...It would seem I actually started to lose indigo as the water was blue...But looks like they shrunk down even more so I'm glad I did!

EDITEDIT: They do seem a bit slimmer after the 2nd soak...here are the measurements if anyone is interested, LVC 1937 32/32

(original, first, second all in inches)

Waist 32 31 31

Front 13 12 12

Back 16.25 15.25 14.75

Thigh 13 12.5 12.25-5

Knee 9.75 9.75 9.5

Inseam 32 30 29.6

Leg Op. 9.25 9 9

LOL well at this rate I hope I don't end up being an annoyance, posting all these pictures...

As mentioned above, I did a second soak today (measurements up top)

IMG_0285.jpg

After the 4th water switch the water was actually pretty blue so I decided I'd stop before I did any damage indigo wise...

IMG_0286.jpg

A view from the side so you can get an idea on how loose they are....

IMG_0295.jpg

And from the front (yes I put on my usual scrub wear...FH shirt and tshirt)

IMG_0319.jpg

After the jeans dried I shoveled snow (no pics though ooops) then stir fried up some shrimp

IMG_0313.jpg

Lets see some more documentation everyone!

^Yeah...I honestly don't have too much experience with LVC's (only had two other pairs before...both 47's) so I wasn't sure if these 37's kept their indigo that well or not...

As far as the denim, they certainly aren't "impressive" in comparison with most others (esp. since I'm alternating between PBJ's and WH's), but I'm nonetheless enjoying them...It must be because they feel like pajamas on me ;)

aho, i think the denim starts to feel more impressive after some wear. and remember that they probly dont weigh as much as your other pairs.. your 37's look good, but maybe you could still pull them up a little..

I'll have some progress pics up tomorrow.....

^medine, they look a bit lower in that FH houndstooth shirt pic but they're actually really high up if you were to see my full profile lol....I'll continue posting fit pics regularly so you'll see what I mean. And despite what I wrote earlier, I actually really do like the denim on these!

medine good stuff...btw, any really good tailors in Chicago that you can recommend?

As blasphemous as this may sound, I'm thinking of taking my 37's legs in a little bit...After all the stretching even after two soaks, it's obvious that I should've gotten that size 30 instead of a 32 (went with my beer belly size rather than actual fitting leg size lol) even though they look fine in the pictures I posted. No worries, I won't take them in too much, I still want that loose vintage fit...

aho, im not sure of any tailors in chicago but i know there are a few good ones i cant think of off the top of my head..

ADDIC, the stronghold has nice vintage-like suspenders but you would have to call the store

medine good stuff...btw, any really good tailors in Chicago that you can recommend?

As blasphemous as this may sound, I'm thinking of taking my 37's legs in a little bit...After all the stretching even after two soaks, it's obvious that I should've gotten that size 30 instead of a 32 (went with my beer belly size rather than actual fitting leg size lol) even though they look fine in the pictures I posted. No worries, I won't take them in too much, I still want that loose vintage fit...

:( don't do it, aho! honestly, your fit is one of my favourites--i'm looking forward to seeing the fades produced by the loose fits.

Not sure if I'll alter the fit or not, but I figure I'll ride it out for a while...

In other news, I just looked down at my knees and DAMN these things are looking to fade fast! It may just be my lifestyle (too much time kneeling) but I'll try to get pics up at the end of this week as I don't have access to a computer with an SD card slot right now...

EDIT: And let me add how wonderous this thing we call denim is....How regardless of initial fit, within a few days of wear it really does mold to your body shape and settles down...lol but I guess thats just stating the obvious ;)

Here are some pics of my contest 37's.

37s1.jpg

37s2.jpg

I was actually hoping for a more vintage fit like Aho's but I really can't complain....I'm pretty happy with these.

Maybe if they stretch just a bit more in the waist I'll be able to use the cinch!

IMO much better fit than Aho's. Never thought I would like the fit of the pre-war models, but this is making me reconsider. How did you size? True to size?