Superswap v3

DüM

the simple solution is to have those that have successfully participated in swaps to have a free pass. it's not that complicated really.

to simplify

successfully participant in previous swap - $0

new participant <1000 rep - $40

new participant 1000-2000 rep - $20

new participant >2000 - $0

done d. people with unsuccessful swaps in any other swap are banned.

oh, and i wouldn't be against organizing the next one as long as everything ships by mid-july. i used to proxy hundreds of transactions so i'm reputable (or so i like to think).

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

stuck on stupid proved that quite awhile ago. goldengloves as well.

jane gave up on superfuture entirely. she has shoes to blog about. I just could not afford to post a package anywhere nor fill it up during the swap. I prob shouldn't have set it up. I'm glad it worked out for most people.

I'm honestly not sure how accurate the front page is anymore, but as far as I know I've messaged everyone back with who there partner was. If I haven't then hit me up again.

If it's any consellation I never received a package in this swap either.

I sent but never received, and my swap partner never posted pics.

:(

+1000

There needs to be minimum post count and/or 500+ (or something) rep for the next one.

Well many of us were vets anyway, but even vets can be bastards

^ i was gonna say it's not that great, but i actually really enjoy doing the swaps. waiting for your gift is like christmas morning and trying to figure something your partner will like is kinda fun and challenging. even though i got hella swindled this year, i ended up getting sweet stuff from TG.

Until Santa fails to show up on Christmas day :(

I asked, never received. I will go to my grave not knowing who the bastard was that fucked me in the ass on this, may many locusts swarm you
yeah man what a joke. super swap never again. at least not between fuckers i don't know.
There needs to be minimum post count and/or 500+ (or something) rep for the next one.
If you guys are actually serious about doing it again, which seems like a bad idea given the amount of disappointment, there should be a system of endorsement, wherein, everyone who joins has to have another member endorse them, and thus in the cause of bitch-assness on the part of the sender, his or her (though the sufu ladies are never the problem) endorser will step in. Something like that would work, or some pressure, like everyone sends the organizer $40 through paypal, which gets returned to them once their package is received.

I realize these are not flawless ideas, but they would work better than some kind of rep/post requirement, because I bet some well known members have been the ones to not send in the past.

endorsement sounds sketchy only because the person endorsing someone could also flake. there's no real deterrent to flaking. also, someone could just make another account and endorse themselves with it. entirely too much shit to keep track of, while a deposit can be seen as some sort of contractual agreement.

All of this stuff seems kind of dumb to me. You go into this thing knowing not getting something is a risk you are taking, but that's what makes it fun when you do get something – you know your partner had no reason to HAVE to send you something, but they did anyways. I think that making people pay a deposit or making it all exclusive would kind of ruin it.

I don't have a lot of rep or post that much, but I've successfully sent in 2 swaps (albeit gifts on the smaller end of the spectrum...I'm a broke ass college student, ha) and I never would have participated in the first place if I had to send some random person 40 bucks to do so.

While the whole cliche "it's better to give than receive" should apply here, it's also more about just keeping the whole thing as simple as possible. You participate, you risk not getting anything, even if you send an awesome package.

Just thought I'd give my opinion on the situation.

All of this stuff seems kind of dumb to me. You go into this thing knowing not getting something is a risk you are taking, but that's what makes it fun when you do get something – you know your partner had no reason to HAVE to send you something, but they did anyways. I think that making people pay a deposit or making it all exclusive would kind of ruin it.

I don't have a lot of rep or post that much, but I've successfully sent in 2 swaps (albeit gifts on the smaller end of the spectrum...I'm a broke ass college student, ha) and I never would have participated in the first place if I had to send some random person 40 bucks to do so.

While the whole cliche "it's better to give than receive" should apply here, it's also more about just keeping the whole thing as simple as possible. You participate, you risk not getting anything, even if you send an awesome package.

Just thought I'd give my opinion on the situation.

isnt this superswap? not supergive

I'm also a gave but non-receiver, but honestly I don't really care that much

making my package was fun enough to me

and my partner has been kind enough to update me with status but you can't let it overtake financial/time issues, so it's understandable

but if you are persistent let me know when you will send and i'll let you know the address i'm at : )

making my package was fun enough to me

^agree with this. And seeing my partner receiving and enjoying his package was the most satisfying part.

Honestly I'd be more pissed if my partner received my package and never posted pics of them, than if I hadn't received a package (an awesome one from edmund, might i add).

• 1 month later...

I want to participate in this swap too. How does it really work, does someone start a new thread? Who picks the swap partners?

the starter of the thread is typically the organizer. people volunteer to participate, and the organizer cuts it off at a certain number of people. all addresses are sent to the organizer and the organizer must randomly match each swapper and redistribute addresses.

i love doing the swap, but you can count me out. i ALWAYS end up spending way too much, which i don't mind at all as long as i know my partner would like it. but i'm unemployed so i can't be spending all crazy.

you guys gotta remember that shipping might end up being a bitch. superswappers live miles and miles away. sent a package to TG cost me $60 to ship. i'm not bitching about paying the shipping cost, i'm just warning you guys.

I send good packs. But i am busy and late. Kaws will get his pack, just late,and i will be one of the last posts and hence more interesting.

Its just timing.

Excuse for being so late concept.