chips of life, Let's Talk About Potato Chips/Crisps

sistersuzie

Chips, like earthlings present themselves in a wide variety. Different in their shapes, flavors, colors, cooking methods; not a single detail is neglected for us to enjoy this tasty snack! further than those simple elements that we can qualify with our bare senses, we should not forget to considerate a very important factor: the life of chips. In fact, not only their life, but also its duration. Of course, before even being able to look into those scholarities, one has to know himself as a chips-eater. Why? Simply to be able to chose the Holy Grail: the perfect bag of chips!

Are you a social smoker, occasional drinker, reasonnable consumer? Then you will probably be able to keep a bag of chips for over a week. If it's the case, you will have to turn yourself towards the aging of the product. As a fine taster, you don't want to pour yourself a tempting mountain of chips after a long day of labor, pick the most attractive piece of all, smell the delicious aroma as you bring it to your mouth, drop it on your tongue, letting the spices tickle your taste buds for a few seconds... and just as you are clapping your fangs on the said-catch, expecting an explosion of taste, surpassing any mix of flavors known to men or not, burning in the most enjoyable ways all of your tongue, turning it numb, transparent fumes climbing to your nostrils from your throat... Well, the chip turns out to be tame, soft, melts on your mouth without even cracking! Disappointment! Where there is no crisp, there is no life!

To avoid this terrible situation, some would suggest to go for a dense, thick enough chip, kettle cooked, although some sorts of thinner and fried potatoes also age really well.

On another hand, if you are an extremist, passionate or abusive person, an edonist; gates are wide open for you! You can allow yourself to go for almost any kind, since the first ± 4 days of the chips' life* are their best! The day after, they are still enjoyable, but generally they have already started degradating. Either they are starting to get too oily or wet looking, or they are losing their crisp, intensity or taste. That should ring a bell for you: this is only a prelude to how they're going to turn, getting a little bit worse everyday! It's tiem for you to eat all you can, and/ or say farewell to the left-overs.

what's your favorite kind? or mix?

to come: Before birth or how you have to handle a new bag of chips

* we calculate the chips' life begining when their placenta (the bag) is perforated and the contente enters in contact with air.

my favorite kind of chips are Lightly Salted Kettle chips. I make sure that i open the bag, without ripping it. if i cant finish it, i use my Chip Clip, to save its flavor for another time.

oh yeah, i like Hot Cheetos too

this post is inspiring.

to instill the passion and vigor within to pursue the fulfillment of the crisp ...

what is a chip clip?

img0249thumbf.jpg

noooo, my chip clip is now becoming obsolete??

its ok, ill still use you to to protect my chips

yeah, those 'dirty' chips are good. cant eat them at home those cuz my bro's allergic to the peanut oils in dem.. :(

Guest Phrost

my niggerishness does not allow me to choose otherwise

99 cents at the bodega. cop some newports n oe while you're there

Utz-SP.jpg

DSCF4134.JPG

all they sell is ripple cut n that shit cuts my mouth up like a motherfucker. don't stop me

Utz-PC-R-SCO.jpg

honorable mention - salt n vinegar. fuck that all of em are pretty bangin

Guest Phrost

tostitos with homemade salsa

tostitos original (not those bite sized or hint of lime shit) got that crisp texture n right amount of saltiness i like. perfect with salsa n definitely not oily or stale like santitas

salsa recipe

fresh home grown tomatoes

some diced white onion (optional)

fresh home grown cilantro

freshly squeezed lime juice

salt n peppa to taste

2ujowo0.jpg

I'm very particular about my chips.

Of course its all very much dependent on my mood....But I'm not a very consistent person. I'm always changing my mind.

But one bag of chips I'll never let go of are these amazing sea salt and crakced pepper kettle cooked chips.

I have never tasted a better chip. Perfection in a 4 oz bag,

n77016572933_1883583_6605125.jpg