black denim?

sneakeraddict

which store did you order from, or was it through 2000db? i was actually considering these the sdas as my black pair but i decided on imperials instead, still waiting on my order. nice job, on the d'artisans though.

bidding on some black jeans now... i hope i win.

all i can say is black, selvage, and white weft.

that's a great combo, cmf.

leicalad says that the 5000BK is coming out again. IMHO, the 5000BK is like the king of black denim. great fit, and very black. it's like the malcom x of black jeans.

my pbj xx-005BKs have a nice fit, but it's not as black. they are the bryant gumbel of the denim world. or wayne brady.

leicalad says that the 5000BK is coming out again. IMHO, the 5000BK is like the king of black denim. great fit, and very black. it's like the malcom x of black jeans.

my pbj xx-005BKs have a nice fit, but it's not as black. they are the bryant gumbel of the denim world. or wayne brady.

there really couldn't be anything more true.....this had me laughing...

Miz, you callin Bryant Gumbal high-yellow, huh, huh?... An oreo, huh, huh?...Uncle tom, maybe, huh, huh?...Are you, are you??

"The Malcom X of black jeans". Samurai should use that quote in their ads.

Seriously, though, I would buy a second pair of 5000BK just to have them on standby. If there is better looking black denim, I want to see it. Dior? Yeah, I've seen them. Not my thing...

i think the buzz gibsons are a '47 cut, right?

Sometime, way back in his blog, Wm Gibson referred to his favorite jeans from Buzz Rickson being a '42 dungaree. Given the lack of rivets, and other touches, I'm guessing that they went with that vintage. All the "war" talk in Googleese would support my guess. Left-hand, tho.

They're just so overpriced, although I admit I say this without ever handling them. I've lusted after these for a while, but, for the money, the decision went with the black Sammies.

My other "black lust" is for the Iron Heart Black Armor 9641s. Now THAT is black!

Whatyousaid.

Jinx, I was reading your blog and I must say I don't follow your criticism of the BK post-soak.

I've been neglecting my slim cut Denime (thanks, Jinx, for tipping me to them) black since hooking up with Sammy. Its a nice pair of jeans, but it can't compete with Samurai's dye-job and detailing.

I don't even remember what I said about them.. but I'd like them to shrink a little bit more.

It would be really cool if you made a side by side comparison between the 5000bks and your black denimes, I want to know how good the black denim of other japanese brands is. I met a Japanese guy who said he had been wearing black Denimes a lot, but I never got to see them so I dont know if they fade nicely.

Are the Denimes ring dyed?

LeicaLad, got a link?

With apologies, no. Gibson gave up his blog quite a while ago. You can just google Wm Gibson blog and find his archives, but this particular reference was pulled from way back in the memory files.

His early blog entries led me to the real Buzz Rickson people, then Sugar Cane and later, through an odd link karma, to Miz's blog entry on horse butt shoes that led me into SuFu.

Go figure that I just remember his mentioning the 42 model pants. Dunno why. Memory is odd like that. I was a very very early Gibson fan.

I think I see what you mean, Jinx. I got a 36" inseam and I wouldn't mind if they lost a half inch or more. I'll do a second hot water soak soon but I'm not expecting to lose much from what I've picked up.

There's more of the white core visable in the Denime than in the Sam's and in my Sorihako. No visable fibers, and such. But they are very well made. I like them, it's just that those Sam's are another game, entirely.

Thanks for turning me on to the SDA DP-292s, fallen angel! Mine just arrived from C-Point (they're soaking as I type) and they look awesome. They're also a great deal (about $50 less than a pair of SD-103s and the only difference I can see is no hidden rivets).

CPoint is also very easy to deal with via Rakuten. The staff there replied in English quickly with a few questions and had the jeans sent out the next day. They also chainstiched the jeans to a length I requested (and even sent me the excess denim) and charged a very reasonable rate for EMS postage (2400 yen). The jeans also arrived with the arcuate, pocket tab and leather patch for anyone that's wondering.