DMX appreciation thread GRRRR

Guest Phrost

Guest Phrost

Rapper DMX has accused the mother of his lovechild of raping him while he was asleep. MONIQUE WAYNE forced the rap star, real name EARL SIMMONS, to take a paternity test in her bid to prove he fathered her son in 2004 and DMX has since acknowledged he is the kid's dad. But, in a new interview with urban magazine Sister 2 Sister, DMX insists Wayne took advantage of him while he was sleeping after a long video shoot and he has no recollection of having sex with her. He says, "She raped me... That might sound like some bulls**t... (but) is that the only thing in the world that's not possible? Because when I sleep, my man (penis) be out. "I was out. I was up the day before. I had drunk, did a whole video shoot... I'd go back to the room, they had some broads... (I was like), 'Just put her on the couch. I don't give a f**k... I'm going to sleep, with my clothes on.' "DNA says it is (my child). I don't know... If I did (have sex with her) I would remember. It ain't like she's a pretty girl. "It's crazy because, you know, a girl just throwing some p**sy at the average guy, it's like, 'Oh s**t...' Who wouldn't want it? But... you don't want to f**k everybody." DMX's wife TASHERA stood by her man throughout the paternity tests and trial because she knew he had been taken advantage of. She adds, "I know him and I seen how it all went down... You can tell he didn't know who she was (when he met her in court)... I felt like it (trial) did bring us closer."

Guest Phrost

XXL Interview

Are you following the presidential race?

Not at all.

You’re not? You know there’s a Black guy running, Barack Obama and then there’s Hillary Clinton.

His name is Barack?!

Barack Obama, yeah.

Barack?!

Barack.

What the fuck is a Barack?! Barack Obama. Where he from, Africa?

Yeah, his dad is from Kenya.

Barack Obama?

Yeah.

What the fuck?! That ain’t no fuckin’ name, yo. That ain’t that nigga’s name. You can’t be serious. Barack Obama. Get the fuck outta here.

You’re telling me you haven’t heard about him before.

I ain’t really paying much attention.

I mean, it’s pretty big if a Black…

Wow, Barack! The nigga’s name is Barack. Barack? Nigga named Barack Obama. What the fuck, man?! Is he serious? That ain’t his fuckin’ name. Ima tell this nigga when I see him, “Stop that bullshit. Stop that bullshit” [laughs] “That ain’t your fuckin’ name.” Your momma ain’t name you no damn Barack.

So you’re not following the race. You can’t vote right?

Nope.

Is that why you’re not following it?

No, because it’s just—it doesn’t matter. They’re gonna do what they’re gonna do. It doesn’t really make a difference. These are the last years.

But it would be pretty big if we had a first Black president. That would be huge.

I mean, I guess…. What, they gon’ give a dog a bone? There you go. Ooh, we have a Black president now. They should’ve done that shit a long time ago, we wouldn’t be in the fuckin’ position we in now. With world war coming up right now. They done fucked this shit up then give it to the Black people, “Here you take it. Take my mess.”

Right, exactly.

It’s all a fuckin’ setup. It’s all a setup. All fuckin’ bullshit. All bullshit. I don’t give a fuck about none of that.

We could have a female president also, Hillary Clinton.

I mean, either way it doesn’t matter. I don’t care. No one person is directly affected by which president, you know, so what does it matter.

Yeah, but the country is.

I guess. The president is a puppet anyway. The president don’t make no damn decisions.

The president…they don’t have that much authority basically?

Nah, never.

But Bush pretty much…

You think Bush is making fuckin’ decisions?

He did, yeah, he fucked up the country.

He act like he making decisions. He could barely speak! He could barely fuckin’ speak!

Can’t be serious. He ain’t making no damn decisions.

Well Barack has a good chance of winning so that might be something.

Good for him, good for him.

Guest Phrost

Complex Interview

Complex: [Laughs.] One of the best. What's your favorite body part on a woman?

DMX: Well, it would have to be the coochie.

Complex: Over titties and ass?

DMX: Yeah, I like ass. But you don't fuck ass though. It's the pussy. Therefore, it gotta be the pussy, know what I mean?

Complex: Touche. What are your top three songs to have sex to?

DMX: I don't even listen to music when I'm fuckin'. I don't have sex. I fuck. You know, when you fuck, there's nothing to focus in on but just fuckin'. There's no song to get you in the mood, there's no rhythm you have to listen to. It's just straight fuckin'. You know what I'm saying? Toss, catch, fuck. Roll over, catch, fuck, you know what I'm saying?

Complex: Well, that's not too embarrassing. Were there any dreams you had as a kid that you wished you pursued?

DMX: There really wasn't any'I wasn't like a kid without a purpose or a plan or anything, but I wanted to do it all. I wanted to be a fireman. I wanted to be a lawyer. I wanted to be a race car driver. I wanted to be a fucking criminal.

Complex: You wanted to be a criminal?

DMX: I wanted to be the best criminal in the world. At 14, I was drawing up plans just to rob the local grocery store. Serious bank shit. Like, “All right, you go around this way. The exit's here. We're gonna come around here. Two people.”

Complex: You stay in the news for your on-road antics. What's the fastest you've ever driven?

DMX: 150. It was in L.A.

Complex: What kind of car were you driving?

DMX: Ferrari. I got chased by the police and didn't even know it. My friends told me when they caught up, when we got to the hotel. They were like, “You didn't see the police come behind you?” I'm like, “Nope.”

Complex: Why were you driving so fast?

DMX: Well, they had pulled me over the night before with the Benz. You know, they got like a 20 mph speed limit, and you can't go 20 mph with a fuckin Benz. It was 4 o'clock in the morning, there was no cars out. They did some sneaky shit. They went on the opposite side of the road, like down 4 blocks, and came up behind me and pulled me over. I seen them pull that move this time, so I sped up. I was only doing like 80. But 80 is slow in a fucking Ferrari, you know what I'm saying?

Complex: Hell yeah.

DMX: I seen the car on the corner, he had somebody else pulled over. I'm like, “Oh, he's about to turn around and chase me, too.” I just floored it and didn't look back.

Complex: I'm guessing you got away that time?

DMX: Yeah, I got away. You ain't see me on the news, right? You got to get away before the bird get there. Once the helicopter gets there, you're fucked. Valet was standing there, I was like, “Nah, I got it.” Drove it right into the parking lot, underground parking lot. Get that shit off the street.

Guest Phrost

Complex: Have you ever been with a groupie?

DMX: Is that a serious question? With as many baby mothers as I got, what do you think? What is a groupie? What do you call a groupie?

Complex: The girls that hang around after a big show or concert.

DMX: Yeah, that's everywhere though. It's notorious, if I go to the mall, you know, it's like'outside, you know? Anywhere.

Complex: Well, where there any memorable ones?

DMX: Yeah, there was one that took a shit and didn't wipe her fucking ass, man. I remember that bitch. She had a big ass, too.

Complex: Wait, she took a shit before or after?

DMX: Yo, peep it. I was tired on tour, so I chose my girls, like, “All right, come with me.” She got in the bed. So, like I'm walking up, I'm just smelling shit! Straight shit! Know what I'm saying? I guess she heard me moving around or something, so she just jumped in the bed. So, I'm there just waiting, just sleeping. I wake up, I'm like, “Yo, the shit smell up the whole fucking room!” I go in the bathroom to take a piss, and see big ass logs of shit. Like four of them big logs of shit. But I noticed there was no toilet tissue in there.

Complex: Interesting. Maybe she…

DMX: Nah, there was shit. Paper's supposed to be the last thing in toilet. Paper goes on top of the shit. So I saw shit and no paper.

Complex: So what'd you do?

DMX: I went back to sleep, I was tired. In the morning, I was like, “So what you gonna do?” See, that's the famous line. “What are you getting ready to do?” Because whatever you're doing, I'm doing something else.

Guest Phrost

one of my favorite songs from him

lol how fly would it have been if they put the beginning skit in the video

how's it goin down

schoolin nigs since 5th grade

love my nigs but where's my bitches x3

it's all good

wZaZMwFfsJo&start=10

dmx still dope around early 2000s romeo must die/exit wounds

aaliyah & dmx <3

fnjs3FjsemQ&start=3

Guest Phrost

Ay yo, who would ever think that the two would go good

Midtown honey, nigga from the hood

But knock on wood, I got this bitch (what?) excuse me

She don't like to be called a bitch, try not to lose me

The rules we go by, where I'm from, she don't know

When I say I'm goin around the way, she won't go

(Hell no) C'mon baby, you aight with me

Tryin to get you to spend the whole night with me

(But I'm a good girl) Uhh, that's why I like her

Couldn't treat her like a hoodrat, didn't bite her

Turn a church girl to a straight Ruff Ryder

Take her to the Ramada make it an all nighter

(Oh no, I only go to the Swiss hotel)

Fuckin with me? I have you in the back of the Chevelle

Like what (what) hittin it raw dogg in the butt

You was good this mornin, but tonight you a slut

7V1kt803W5w

make sure he gets the commission

keep the change

atGibiLhAE4

Guest Phrost

have to be honest dmx's verse isn't my favorite on 4 3 2 1. have to give it to red or meth

ll actually pulled out a dope verse. probably one of his last too. think i shot ya remix was my favorite verse featuring him

canibus came through. won't post his original extended verse for fairness

don't mind ice cream man

meth, red, canibus, dmx, master p, ll cool j - 4 3 2 1 (censored)

8vgdSlfr5r0

meth, red, dmx, ll cool j - 4 3 2 1 (explicit)

dRAdSDTVxWg&start=11

Guest Phrost

Complex: Well, that's not too embarrassing. Were there any dreams you had as a kid that you wished you pursued?

DMX: I wanted to be a race car driver. I wanted to be a fucking criminal.

Complex: You wanted to be a criminal?

DMX: I wanted to be the best criminal in the world. At 14, I was drawing up plans just to rob the local grocery store. Serious bank shit. Like, “All right, you go around this way. The exit's here. We're gonna come around here. Two people.”

perfect song to get a party poppin

w9FHbP2-of8&iv_load_policy=3

"party up" has to be one of the banginest bangers ever made, period

i remember going nuts to that shit in middle school, and guess what? i still do

the fucking whistle just does it for me

My friend Sam has several of the best stories I’ve ever heard, garnered over the years by virtue of his outgoing nature and an uncanny right-place-at-the-right-timiness. The following interview faithfully documents events that really did transpire on an August night the summer before Sam started high school (known to 13 year-olds everywhere as “the last good summerâ€).

VICE: Anything you want to do to say to set the stage?

Sam: This story takes place in those early days of marijuana when, because of age and inexperience, it could still become a frightening psychedelic.

And just to verify, you were how old?

Ninth grade. The summer going into ninth grade. I was about to go into boarding school. It wasn’t a bad kids boarding school. A lot of kids had emotional problems. But they’d also have really good grades. A brainiac fast track to the ivy leagues schools. I had been living in London and came back into America for the summer and was hanging out with my childhood best friends—Greg, Jeff, and Rob—romping around and smoking with in suburban West Chester.

And what was your level of pot-smoking experience at the time?

I’d already been smoking weed in London. I tried to start smoking weed in the 7th grade. I thought I was smoking pot but some kid was selling me oregano for a year. Yeah, but then by the eight grade someone started selling me real weed. “Oh, this is what it means to get high.â€

Where were you?

In the woods, we were smoking Northern Lights. I don’t know if it was my weed or my friends. You know what it was, my friend's older brother had come back from college with bags and bags of the nuggiest weed with like red hairs growing on them. So, we went to the woods with the bong that we made, called Bumblefuck. That was like an office cooler Poland spring bottle with a CPR resuscitation mask as a mouthpiece. We’d only been smoking for a year, so, basically we just ended up freaking out. It was a totally dark night; you know we’re getting spooked out and were trying to freak each other out in the little area of woods just between people’s houses. It’s not really that far in the woods, but far enough to be far in.

So you were all paranoid to begin with?

Yeah. My terror fantasy would always be serial killer and all these other kids were afraid of police and parents finding out and getting caught.

So you’re a bunch of youngsters sitting around in the woods of Upstate New York, getting uncomfortably high, and what happens?

We see a few lights distant in the woods and hear the running of engines and all of a sudden these four ATVs just zoom over out of nowhere. We were all sitting there hitting the bong, and these ATVs just encircled us and we’re just shitting ourselves. And these two people in helmets are just looking at us. One of them– a tiny man – starts to take off his helmet.

He was like, “Yo, whats up?â€

We were like, “Hi.â€

He was like, “What ya’ll doing?â€

We were like, “Smoking weed.â€

He was like, “That’s cool. Ya’ll like riding ATVs?†(obviously an invitation to hop on the back of the ATV with him) and my friend Jeff screams “NO!†because he’s such a pussy. The guy just goes, “Alright, that’s cool. I'll see ya’ll later.†Just gets back on his ATV and keeps on riding with his crew.

And who was this guy?

DMX! [Ed—yes, the rapper] So, we were invited, essentially, to ride or die. And I guess my friend Jeff chose death for us.

Amazing. Nothing will ever beat that.

When we all came to our senses, we were like, “Jeff! What the fuck dude!â€

I must have been terrified too. They were wearing helmets.

What do you think brought him to Westchester?

I guess DMX lived in a house around town.

Amazing.

Maybe he wasn’t even inviting us to ride; maybe he was just trying to make conversation.