What is your "Holy Grail" item of clothing?

• 2 weeks later...

Got the UC rider in black, willing to sell. Just buying the raf still sweater this week =)

I don't know why i like the raf sweater though..

i liked it before i knew it was rare, i never understand what makes me like one graphic sweater/t shirt over another

You could have PM'd him at least, don't promote sales, even tentative ones, outside of supermarket

ri4yfl.jpg

Haven't seen one for sale in time. Ever. Slowly going insane here, even the ordinary plain black one would suit me super well.

29qe35i.jpg

Just, holy shit nice. Pricey. I had the money and I bought an Elektron Analog Four instead, so I guess I can't complain too much. I can dream though.

m9brcm.jpg

Buzz Rickson x William Gibson M-65

Edited by Igneousity

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Random question for y'all. For the longest time (I'd say 3+ years) my grails were the Converse x N(N) odessas in gray. Looked forever, saw one maybe every other month on auction sites, never in my size. Eventually caved and bought the one star version as a compromise but that eventually failed to satiate the hunger. After about half a year I finally found a pair, half a size too small, for more than retail and I instakopped. Wore it happily despite Chinese footbinding pain. Was happy.

Then fucking end clothing drops a metric fuck ton of them on sale for like 40% retail. Full size run. Rebought a pair in my size for a pittance. I won... after all these years I finally won.

But is it weird that I feel less satisfied now? Like it was somehow cheapened? I don't mind seeing them pop up in WAYWT much more frequently now, I'm not really someone to care about exclusivity or whatever, and they're cool shoes to see anyways. But it feels like my hunt was ultimately invalidated somehow, as if the years of fruitless searching and the ultimate payoff was more responsible for the 'grail' status than the grail itself. I just wear fucking new balances all day now. The once-grails are in my closet. Soulless. Empty.

^owning grails kinda just sux because 

1. u hype it up way too much (expectation vs. reality)

2. your style changes and instead of going with that you buy something you're potentially not going to be happy with anymore just because you recalled that it was a "grail" and attached that status to it.

In the end it's just a toss-up

My favorite pieces are 50-50 shit I just bought impulsively & stuff I'd been searching for for ages.

pretty happy to tick off two big items this year for me, n(n)ine preacher & ann d creepers.

my view on grails changed as my wardrobe got bigger with less and less meaningful stuff, best thing about these two is they're easy to wear and going to give me years of enjoyment  :)

don't give up friends