What is your "Holy Grail" item of clothing?

I swear the elbow strap was on here a while back, in a small. why no cop scotty?

I've wanted those damned silver moon boots for so long, but can never, ever find them in my size. or when I do, I have bad timing and miss out. Don't even know how well they'd go with my shit, but want them so very badly.

RoGel souvenir jacket, and Cloak aviator pants. Yeah, nothing huge, but just really, really like them both.

this picture - 99 first edition margiela riders jacket (am i a 44 or a 46? not balla status to kop without saving up) damn you small distractions of minuscule purchases...

323348468.jpg

got the jeans already so left with painted footwear.

080109.jpg

helmut lang pony/horse hair hoodie. i once saw them on a japanese rakuten but i didnt know hide-san then. DAMNNNN.

all_i_see_is_shadows-img600x450-124.jpg

all_i_see_is_shadows-img600x450--2.jpg

all_i_see_is_shadows-img600x450--1.jpg

this picture - 99 first edition margiela riders jacket (am i a 44 or a 46? not balla status to kop without saving up) damn you small distractions of minuscule purchases...

323348468.jpg

got the jeans already so left with painted footwear.

Definitely a grail... but why not just go for a pre-'05 or 06 model in black smooth calf? They're all essentially the same. I think the '04s might have had a two-way MRS zipper on the main zip and the '06's might've used Riri's I believe. I think Japan may be the only place to find a black 44 conveniently, as well. I really need a 44 myself but don't want to be bothered to buy a $2000 jacket I already have but in the wrong size, and plus mine is worn in so nicely I can't part with it now.

I want the same jacket in the taupe suede, light gold MRS zippers, that would be one of my grails.

I also want some baggy Raf trousers from 05 but the ones on Y! are always torn up and $500 or more....

cloak elbow strap blazer in any colorway any material in size small or extra small, and cloak painters jacket in size small or extra small, and this pair of mad old helmut lang jeans, that is all.

scott i luv u but i will knife u for elbow strap blazer........ dun make me go 2 jail

Guest Phrost

i want those raf fw 06 sweaters. bauhaus sweater n a nice helmut leather. got a feeling sweaters are itchy as fuck though. raf stay using those itchy itch wools

dismal what's your jil key hole sweater made out of

30vlz0j.jpg

Definitely a grail... but why not just go for a pre-'05 or 06 model in black smooth calf? They're all essentially the same. I think the '04s might have had a two-way MRS zipper on the main zip and the '06's might've used Riri's I believe. I think Japan may be the only place to find a black 44 conveniently, as well. I really need a 44 myself but don't want to be bothered to buy a $2000 jacket I already have but in the wrong size, and plus mine is worn in so nicely I can't part with it now.

I want the same jacket in the taupe suede, light gold MRS zippers, that would be one of my grails.

I also want some baggy Raf trousers from 05 but the ones on Y! are always torn up and $500 or more....

img1292439336725940.jpg

ah dismal. looks like i need it in a size 44 or even the women's 42. (have yet to see a picture of a girl in that rider jacket though!)

i see that they shifted the rider jacket from line 10 to line 14 after spring 2005. i presume that yours is a line 14. so envious of yours! i see the cotton version floating around the auctions sometimes and although its a more feasible material for singapore's weather but it just doesnt cut it! leather is the only way to go...

from this blog in japan you can see the various permutations of the riders.

99aw 牛革(黒)

00ss 牛革(茶)

00aw 牛革(赤)

01ss 牛革(黒、茶、ベージュ)

01aw 牛革(黒、茶)

02ss スウェード(ベージュ)

オイルドコットン(茶)

中田選手が通称成田コレクションでライダース(赤)を着用し話題に。

02aw アンティーク加工(黒、茶)

03ss コットン(黒、茶)

03aw 

04ss 

04aw ウォッシュドレザー(茶)

05ss 牛革(黒、ファーストモデルの復刻)

牛革(白)

ここから14ラインへ移行

05aw スウェード(ベージュ、黒)

06ss 牛革(黒、茶)

ここからジップが小さめに

06aw 牛革(黒、茶)

ディアスキン(黒、茶)

07ss 牛革(黒、白)

コットン(黒)

07aw ラム(黒)

シープ(紺)

08ss 牛革(黒、ベージュ、コニャック、白)

コットン(黒)

このシーズンの物のみ襟部分のスナップボタンが外側まで貫通している

08aw 牛革(黒、白、キャメルブラウン)

ワックスド&ベイクド(黒、茶、ベージュ、10ラインからのリリース)

09ss 牛革(黒、白、キャメルブラウン)

コットン(紺、オフホワイト)

牛革(ムラ染めグレー、10ラインからのリリース)

09aw 牛革(黒、ベージュ、ボルドー)

以前のエイズTの色展開一覧に比べると若干自信がないのですが

最近のシーズンのものであっても

どんなタイプがリリースされていたか

時間の経過とともにどんどん忘れていってしまうので

メモ的な意味合いも含めてアップさせていただきました。

修正・補足していただけると大変嬉しいです。

また、

・脇下のベンチレーションがなくなったのいつ頃か

・カレンダータグのビニールカバーが付いていたのはいつからいつまでか

をご記憶の方がおられましたら

お教えいただければ幸いです。

宜しくお願いいたします。

i remember the taupe suede one you mentioned. it looks very delicious. like crème brûlée.

i would trade all of my lame basics for the riders! arghh.

Mine is a line 10 model, it's very old. Unless they did the black smooth in 03 (very plausible as I'm not sure what zippers the very original 99 models had), it appears mine is from a very old season, either FW99 or SS01 or FW01 according to the Japanese, though I have the feeling they've left a few out as I've seen FW04 washed leather (the shrunken version with puckering around the zips) in black as well.

I wonder if I could glean anything from the reference number?

oh wow. ULTRAHYPER holy grail if that is the first model of riders. fascinated! who produces the jackets? ms deanna? i don't think the tag's reference number (is there any?) is of any use... they seem very generic. not as easily deciphered like dior homme's.

madness at the toj. truly mindblowing. a first edition of the riders jacket. W O W.

I swear the elbow strap was on here a while back, in a small. why no cop scotty?
scott i luv u but i will knife u for elbow strap blazer........ dun make me go 2 jail

small is too large on me judging by measurements, 19 p2p wouldn't work for me in the blazer, i'll have to give up on that grail pretty much because it's absolutely impossible to find in XS. :(

Haha, it's old, but I don't think it's 99 or even 01 personally... re: this part:

また、

・脇下のベンチレーションがなくなったのいつ頃か

・カレンダータグのビニールカバーが付いていたのはいつからいつまでか

をご記憶の方がおられましたら

お教えいただければ幸いです。

mine has the pit vents (first bulleted point) and then the second bulleted point talks about the clear plastic tag they put over the 'MMM Calendar', which mine does not have (whether it came it with it new though, not sure.

Some other variations I've seen too - inside left pocket is buttoned with a button loop, mine doesn't have that. Fake versions of this jacket have 2 inner pockets on the left, there's a white one always on ebay that is so fake it hurts.

2-way MRS for all 3 front zippers, like I said, maybe 04 or 05.

Riris in 06 and then YKK's from there onward (bad move, plus they moved the zipper gauge down by like 3 sizes and it lost so much of it's impact that way, I think the original MRS zippers are 10 gauge and the YKK's they use now are like 7 gauge)

woah. thanks man the zipper information is really helpful. i seriously do not like YKK zippers but sometimes he uses them for the artisanal stuff but i hope they're recycled from other items...

regardless of season, yours is quite the ideal one in my opinion. i didnt like the ones with the label exposed and with awful monogrammed lining. yucks. and thank god for pit vents.

i feel one step closer to the holy grail...

popah81p07.jpg

the riders jacket as a skirt in my opinion. especially in supple black leatherrrrrr.

edit: dis, were you referring to this cream jacket on the bay as the suspected fake?

the margiela / \ riders jacket is also my holy grail.

i tried on the cracked leather / suede (?) version at MMM NYC

and the smooth white leather one @ MMM gyre.

The sizing is pretty fucking weird

I usually rock 48 in margiela tops but id definitely size up if i were to grab one. It was way too tight...

how much is the retail? is it still 1350 in the US? it was like 285000 yen in the japland

the margiela / \ riders jacket is also my holy grail.

i tried on the cracked leather / suede (?) version at MMM NYC

and the smooth white leather one @ MMM gyre.

The sizing is pretty fucking weird

I usually rock 48 in margiela tops but id definitely size up if i were to grab one. It was way too tight...

how much is the retail? is it still 1350 in the US? it was like 285000 yen in the japland

I think you can wear the / | \ TTS or sized up one and it will fit as long as you aren't the hulk, but it's supposed to fit like a classic moto jacket so the arms are kinda wide and the body really short, compared to how people want leather jackets to fit in 2009.

I think retail shot up to like $2500 recently, that is how much they wanted on elux and AR for the light grey jawn I think. JP retail is like 37 man now and they only make the wack colors with thelittle YKK bar-slider zips....

• 1 year later...