Hardware anyone? (Buttons, rivets, and zippers oh my.)

rnrswitch

Come on Roy. You can't just post some pics without saying where they are from. Damn rookie.

Tried to rep ya, but "must spread." I can't imagine having rep'd you before. What with all your worthless posts over there in the ROY denim thread.

I wonder if that 1905 Sunset coat is what I saw at Nordstroms Rack. It seemed like it couldn't decide if it was a shirt or a chore coat, and the proportions were kind of funny and shapeless. It didn't really capture that old time zeitgeist. Other than that (and that it was a small) I might have picked it up. I almost did anyhow just for the buttons and the label. But then I came to my senses.

Dude, those are nuts. Which button on the jacket is the super rusted one? Is there a good explanation as to why that one is rusted to all hell and some of the others are just slightly rusted?

Rnr- the rustier button is second up from the bottom on the placket. All of the buttons have some rust & patina, but this one is a lot more gone, for some reason.

The jacket had some bleach work done on it at some point- I wonder if that could have accelerated the process? The rest of the jacket is in really solid shape.

I wish I could pos rep like 6 times for that post. Shit is beautiful. are some of those buttons predistressed or is that all your handywork?

I wish I could pos rep like 6 times for that post. Shit is beautiful. are some of those buttons predistressed or is that all your handywork?

Thanks mrswitch, The ones on the 201s were all natural. The 209s and the 333s were pre-distressed and came like that, Both the 209 coveralls and the 333s were only available in pre distressed at the time I bought them but I think they were done really well. I usually prefer to break in my own.

The 1911 333s

IMG_3351.jpg

IMG_3350.jpg

IMG_3349.jpg

The 1905 209s

IMG_8709.jpg

IMG_8708.jpg

More 201 hardware

IMG_6012.jpg

IMG_6009.jpg

4661036534_b8768b255e_b.jpg

1915 501xx LVC - this is what the top button and suspender buttons look like.

4661014580_2273082c20.jpg

button fly buttons - my favorite

4661027754_2a8fa11d0c.jpg

back pocket rivet - hammered myself cause LVC didn't take the time to do it. still look great though.

4661022610_4311534380.jpg

river junction replacement buckle - the LVC buckle wasn't properly made.

while I was at it I figured I'd get the samurai s5000vx buttons too.

4661017790_af49708eb8.jpg

top button

4660396011_4b3c25fdbc.jpg

button fly button

4660397437_34dbb756b6.jpg

back of top button - completely rusted.

• 2 weeks later...