Hardware anyone? (Buttons, rivets, and zippers oh my.)

rnrswitch

I don't remember there ever being a dedicated thread to hardware on denim. I don't know about y'all but I am a sucker for nice hardware. These are little things that I can sit and stare at for some time. When I am taking a shit at work and feel like making it extra long I will look at the rivets, buttons, etc on my jeans. I have a "few" pics of hardware of my jeans.

Use this thread to show off those nice UFO rivets, donut hole buttons, gold/silver/platinum plated buttons, oh yeah and show us that rusted hardware that is still holdng your jeans intact.

First off. Not my favorite, but up there for its simplicity and subtle nature. Samurai S0505.

Top button

img2661o.jpg

Rivets. I love how they are just so subtle. It almost says, "I am a fucking rivet. What do you want from me? I am just holding your jeans together." Samurai has gotten a bit over the top lately with their designs, which I like as well and will be shown later, but these rivets are from a time when Samurai made jeans that were somewhat void of gimmicks.

img2663l.jpg

And the back side of the rivet:

img2664bug.jpg

The Universal zipper (front). Check the greenish/blue corrosion:

img2667n.jpg

Universal zipper (rear). Kentucky baby.

img2668g.jpg

i like the idea behind this thread. someone should've thought of this a while ago. can anyone give me the story behind ''universal brand'' hardware? my FC have universal rivets, and i figure there is some significance...

Next up is the hardware on my Left Field Tweed denim. Also not my favorite, but way up there. I like the buttons and rivets, but I think the inside of the rivets could be a little bit more.... uhhh, don't know what, but the inside leaves a bit more to be desired.

First up: Top buton.

img2631y.jpg

fly button. Antique copper, you can see the unoxidized copper peeking through around the edges.

img2632f.jpg

Now the inside of the buttons. Proudly displaying scovill of USA:

img2636y.jpg

Antique copper rivets. "What's antique copper?" you ask. I have no idea, but I hope it means old stock copper, rather than antiqued copper. Anyways they look nice.

img2635frl.jpg

Inside rivets. You see what I mean with leaving a bit more to be desired?

img2637c.jpg

Now my warehouse 660s. I love these babies and the hardware is a bit easy going as well. What can you say? These are just jeans. Nothing flashy.

Button fly:

img2644chb.jpg

Rivets. I love the dark copper color. Atleast I assume it is copper:

img2645p.jpg

Inside of rivets:

img2646y.jpg

Hidden rivets.

img2647rnp.jpg

6d9a04bf.png

I love how the anodized black buttons on my SExSC06's are starting to peek copper.

I just saw that post a few minutes ago in the other thread. I thought it would look good in here.

Samurai 21 oz S0510s.

The hardware starts to progress from the earlier examples shown on the s0505s. Maybe Samurai started building up a little clout and needed to flaunt their newfound worldwide fame.

Top button and fly buttons are the same except for size. The rising sun buttons:

img2640d.jpg

Rivets. Look nice, but a step "up" from the plain ones on the s0505.

img2641h.jpg

Back of the rivets. They got some writing on there. Maybe somebody could shed some light on what they say. I think BIG had some translations at one time. If i wasn't so lazy I would check the BIG site.

img2642lgu.jpg

Hidden rivet. Once again. Some writing... Anybody with a translation. I hope it doesn't say America is God on them.

img2643r.jpg

Some Warehouse from miz's pair...hope you don't mind miz! They oxidize nicely...

DSC_0283.jpg

EDIT: ooops didn't see the WH660's up there but good stuff

No big deal. It would also be interesting to see how different people's hardware ages as well.

Sugar 47s. Once again, just some simple hardware. No bells and no whistles. I will post LVC 47s and they look almost exactly the same, just different writing.

Fly buttons. Sorry for the horrible lighting.

img2622o.jpg

Inside of the fly buttons. They are actually starting to corrode. Shows how little attention they get. I have had them for over 4 years now. Bad lighting once again.

img2623o.jpg

Rivets.

img2626tcs.jpg

Inside rivets. Very dark copper. I wonder if a different copper is used for the top as opposed to the bottom. Or if my nasty ass sweat turned the inside that color.

img2625lao.jpg

Hidden rivets. Looks a bit like the warehouse hidden rivets.

img2624e.jpg

Ooooo i wish i saw this thread earlier. I shall do various Evisu ones later on! For now theres a couple on the about page of the blog on my link! Im actually doing a post in the next few days to do with buttons and rivets and thread.

Samurai S526 XXII

These are still brand new, not even soaked. The hardware seems another step above the 21 ozs. The fly buttons now have a shiny samurai imprint on them rather than a dull blank one.

I really love donut hole buttons.

Top button:

img2675n.jpg

Fly button. Slightly different than the top:

img2676d.jpg

Rivets. These rivets are also used for the exposed back pocket rivets.

img2677a.jpg

Inside of rivets:

img2679y.jpg

Backside of top button. Looks a little too "high class" for me, but I assume when these jeans finally get some wear, they will look quite a bit better:

img2678dsi.jpg

LVC 47. While they look almost exactly like the SC 47 hardware. I prefer the LVC hardware. It has a bit more nostalgic feel to it.

Top button:

img2669q.jpg

Rivets:

img2670c.jpg

Inside of rivets:

img2672f.jpg

Hidden rivets

img2673z.jpg

Stronghold Hickory stripe. I think most of stronghold's hardware is the same. I like the rust on the buttons.

Top/fly button:

img2648bgl.jpg

Rivets. Nice and plain.

img2650m.jpg

Back at it again. 1967 LVC 505s. They lack the hidden rivet, but they make up for it with the Talon zipper.

Top button. I like the difference between this button and the typical lighter metal used for most of the other LVC jeans.

img2657u.jpg

Rivet:

img2658j.jpg

and the infamous "indestructible" talon zipper.

img2660o.jpg

Jean Shops. Not too many of these seen on SUFU, but they are actually pretty well constructed and the hardware is rugged as well. These dudes have a selvage riri zip fly as shown below.

Top Button, I think if I wore these a bit more, some rust would start showing up. It looks like some corrosion is beginning to appear.:

img2651c.jpg

Rivets. Pretty sturdy feeling and looking.

img2652i.jpg

back side of the rivets. A nice piggy (a la SDA). Cool little detail. I likey.

img2653lyy.jpg

And the RIRI zipper.

img2654r.jpg

CIMG2172.jpg

PBJ XX-007 Black Anodized Copper

CIMG2194.jpg

This one's better for showing the copper underside

CIMG2199.jpg

PBJ rivets (in reality these are black but they reflected the yellow light)

CIMG2176.jpg

PBJ back rivets (my camera did not want to focus in on these)

CIMG2204.jpg

KMW top button (for some reason this came out clear on my camera screen but not when I transfered it to my computer, normally it's the opposite)

CIMG2209.jpg

KMW back rivets (normally silver but reflected the light)

CIMG2211.jpg

KMW shaved rivets

Are those PBJ buttons painted black? They look pretty nice.

Also, does your camera have a macro function. If so this will allow you to focus on small items.