milk tea

Guest Methimphibian

the best milk-tea i ever had was whipped-up by some afghanis during ramadaan a few years back. they brewed the tea( regular lipton i believe) really strong, and then added the milk in slowly, stirring it constantly. might have had a bit of cinnamon or nutmed too. it had so much milk in it that it had a layer of film on the top... deish

Boba is great.

I love it. But only for like one cup...per every like...half year... Anymore than that and it kind of gets gross, just fat and starch. But anyway, there are a lot of neato complex methods to it. The one I like the best is after you finish cooking it just drop it in honey while it waits to be consumed.

Shit will taste so goooood. And it's not a lot of extra work. Assuming you know how to cook that shit. And got good ingredients, etc.

The honey tip is correct, makes them actually sweet not just random blobs of tasteless tapioca

• 2 weeks later...

went to mitsuwa today.

picked up

IMG_6552.jpg

IMG_6551.jpg

IMG_6554.jpg

IMG_6555.jpg

Imma base my opinions off the first picture (Kirin Afternoon Tea)

The Lipton is a decent alternative. Little less sweeter and it's not as strong as the Kirin Afternoon Tea.

The Kirin special tea is BOMB. At first the contents of the bottle are a little separated. Cream (milk?) on top and everything else on the bottom. A little shake and you got the milk tea. Not too much different from the regular Afternoon Tea, overall a little more sweeter and stronger. I'd prefer that one over the Afternoon Tea, but they don't it in the 1.5 liters.

failed at making this today

went out and bought lipton tea bags (for jugs)

put water in jug, tea bag in (bought tea bags that don't need boiled water)

mixed it up added creamer + sugar

did not taste good at all..

so what i did was add alot more sugar and a little milk

taste alright but not as great as i expected

any tips?