Chicago Meetup

Leeacto

Sup y'all's. In town over new years. Need recommendations for bars. With my girl. We got some places were gonna do for 1 or 2 fancy meals but we need some good street food/lower mid price easy but delicious joints. Food is usually what we nerd out on most while traveling. Just to give you an idea of what were looking for, last nye we went to new York and hit del posto, Balthazar, momofuku, Katz, and some Mexican brunch spot I don't remeber the name of.

Shopping for mens and womens recs would also be appreciated.

Probly gonna book a BNB in wicker park unless I hear a better idea.

Any leads?

Check out http://longmanandeagle.com/ ? Good whiskey list - and you can sleep there. Brunch is supposed to be good.

The Publican is good for brunch too and not that expensive.

Avec is cool for mid-range dinner

You'd probably like Big Star. It's a well known bar/taco joint by the chef of the previously mentioned restaurants.

Piece for pizza/ house brewed beer

Lillie Q's is good BBQ

^ thanks man.

I made a new Chicago thread in the Superpersonal section, if people want to post there. Or we could stay here, doesn't matter.

Anybody been to Apt No 9 lately? I went a few weeks ago for the first time in prob a year or two. I never really liked the selection or SAs that much before. This time around was solid. They have a good range of stuff from Left Field on up. Chicago's still hurting for good men's boutiques.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't want to live in Wicker Park and couldn't afford it, I don't mind hispanic areas. A lot of people would say Logan Square now is how Wicker Park was 10-15+ years ago. I'm paying 575+ utilities

Yea I do, but I want to live alone so I can only afford a studio in Logan Square or Lakeview. I'd rather do LS because it's off the Blue Line and so is UIC. I might just buy a car and commute instead though

Don't get a car. You'll want to shoot yourself in the face.

Is 575 near the cap for you? Then Logan might be the best bet. Or the parts of Humboldt that are closer to Western. WP is too expensive. I pay 850 here and it's not too special (but it is a 1BR and not Eff)

What's a good bar, not club, that I can hit after dinner on NYE? I'll be suited up cause were having dinner at a jacket required joint so I'd prefer a place that's tasteful and I won't feel overdressed and I do not want to wait in line for anything clubby. Any real high end cocktail bars or will I have to hit a hotel lounge?