Chicago Meetup

Leeacto

Anyone down to go to alinea sometime after nov 7? None of my friends/ gf would want to pay that much and I'll have a hard enough time paying my own bill let alone pick up theirs.

Nordstrom rack on Chicago had some cool stuff today.. Thom Browne, Lanvin, Givenchy, Jil Sander, Acne, Marni etc etc

It's on the" From our Nordstrom stores" racks..

Don't bother looking at the shoes

just a heads up, it isn't SUPER cheap yet.

They even had a jil leather

Still never been to that one. How does it compare to the one off the blue line?

You mean the one on State? It seems to be much better as far as designer stuff.

I hate you

how was it?

Incredible man, it's not something I could afford to do every month or probably even ever year, but I think that made it even better knowing I had worked for it lol. Despite it being known as super hard to get into, I got lucky and scored the reservation on my first day trying. They also didn't cancel on me which I've read they're commonly known to do. The food just blew me and my girlfriend away and the ingredients in some of the dishes just made absolutely no sense on paper, but the taste totally made sense and you could tell the chef has a passion for what he does. I was definitely into the casual vibe of the place and I think I definitely would have preferred that to the upscale snooty rich vibe of say Tru of Trotter's that I wouldn't have fit into. If anyone is looking for a delicious meal that could definitely compare with Alinea (at least I imagine so ;) I'd definitely recommend Schwa. Definitely not something I can afford to do often, but no regrets here

• 3 weeks later...
My Alden's need a resole BAD...anyone have any recommendations in the city?

I recommend NOT going to the cobbler in Wicker Park on North Ave. I took my Allen Edmonds there once. It was $80, which is fine to pay, but the new soles were glued. The job itself was decent, but I thought they'd be sewn in. I assume that's what you're looking for?

Anyone going to Malkmus tomorrow besides me?

• 3 weeks later...

I always pass by Pink Monkey but never been lol

Now that I think of it I haven't even heard of any others actually within the city.

Yo I heard T's in Andersonville is the joint. Or across the street there's Man Country or that place in river north--The Baton

no but seriously, I've wondered if there was an ordinance against them. The Admiral is the only one I've even seen and it's pretty far down Lawrence. Don't know why there aren't more

The trouble is that, in the city, strip clubs cannot sell booze if they feature all-nude dancers. So, you either get proper drinks and g-strings, or soft drinks and full-on nudity. This is why I head south to Harvey, IL, where the girls will blow you kisses with their assholes while you sit back, enjoying $1.25 mixed drinks.

cool thanks , will do!

I turn 21 in a week from today, I want to meet up with some more sufu dudes that I haven't met yet ( no mo )

kvc, have I seen you randomly on the streets I wonder?

probably, have you seen somebody you thought might be me?

I'm all over the place

Sup y'all's. In town over new years. Need recommendations for bars. With my girl. We got some places were gonna do for 1 or 2 fancy meals but we need some good street food/lower mid price easy but delicious joints. Food is usually what we nerd out on most while traveling. Just to give you an idea of what were looking for, last nye we went to new York and hit del posto, Balthazar, momofuku, Katz, and some Mexican brunch spot I don't remeber the name of.

Shopping for mens and womens recs would also be appreciated.

Probly gonna book a BNB in wicker park unless I hear a better idea.

Any leads?