Chicago Meetup

Leeacto

^It's sad but AFAIK, styleforum has a more dedicated Chicago based group that has met up before for bar crawls etc....

Yeah all the old suit-wearing guys

One of my homeys works at Metro. Hopefully I'll be in the Chi around that time too if all goes planned.

Who do you know at Metro, Roy? Everyone seems to know him (even before he worked security there).

I always assume people know Roy. A friend of mine was traveling in Italy, bumped into someone from Chicago, turned out they both knew Roy.

I'll be at most of these.

Tea Leaf Green @ Lincoln Hall - JAN21

DSO @ VIC Theatre - JAN. 22

Excision @ Metro - FEB. 3

Yo La Tengo @ Metro - FEB. 4

Keller Williams @ Park West - FEB. 5

Skrillex @ The Mid - FEB. 11

Big Gigantic @ Lincoln Hall - FEB. 12

Galactic @ Park West - FEB. 19

MartyParty @ Double Door - MAR. 9

roy? big black fella?

i'm game for a meetup. wherever.

Yep, that would (probably) be him. I've known that dude forever and a day (I think 17 years). How many Chicago folk would be interested in actually getting together?

Me

Josh Mullen

Any others? We could just meet up at Cole's Bar, and go from there.

bar. bar. food. the important thing is to pick a neighborhood/general locale. everyone throw out ideas, and we'll see what sticks. it's difficult because i'm not sure what sort of places you guys like.

bars i frequent:

danny's

skylark

continental

whistler

deville

sonotheque, or whatever its called now...beauty bar?

charleston

hideout

empty bottle

gingerman

liar's club

woodlawn tap

rodan

estelles

hopleaf

simon's

i'm cool with anywhere though.

Let me see if I can move some stuff around to meet up on the 25th. Josh - I read in the LVC thread you have a pair of the 55's - this years? I'd like to see them, if possible. I am thinking of going TTS in them, and shrinking them down for some straight legged slimmer jeans. Not sure how you sized them, but I'd be curious to see, if possible.

I have two pairs of '55s -- both of which I bought just about a year ago (end of January 2010, if memory serves.) One is a 34x36, the other is a 36x36. I actually like them both. The '55s can be worn slim because they are cut generously in the top block and upper thigh. You see many people sizing down on their '47s, but because that cut is already slim results aren't always good.